The Big OBE topic part II

OBE’s sound really weird I’d like to fell the experience some time.

I just rememored a OBE I had about 5 years ago where I saw my Grandmother, she had died a day earler. Ive heard that when you have have AP sometimes you might help other people who have just died, but when I saw my Grandmother I got scared, and freaked out. I went right back to my my body. I hope I didnt scare my grandmother. I messed up a chance to be a guid.

Merged into the BIG OBE topic

Well, by noon I went for some sleep, and had a ND. I was riding my dad’s truck, I stoped in front of my house and got out the truck. Suddenlly everybody disapeared. I was getting scared and got in my house, and I heard an explosion from nothing and, at the exact same time of the explosion I got completely paralyzed(not SP, I was paralyzes in the dream). I falled on the ground paralyzed and tought “man, it’s the end of the world!”, then (now the OBE like part =P) my legs started going up, and my body went with it strating to float, but my body was still on the ground! There were 2 of me =P I woke up immediatelly, a little sacred.
That was a very vivid sensation, and I have already experienced that, but during SP, the exact same feeling of my legs going up an then the rest of my body.
Well, I never had an OBE so, is it the same feeling you have during an OBE?

Yeah. If it happened during SP in an attempted wILD, that was probably an OBE! Yay for you!

But the one in your dream wasn’t. It sounded like you were having some kind of fake OBE in your dream! Peculiar.

My oobe technique is while LD’ing just close your eyes and meditate. Just will yourself out of your body if you hear any strange sorta vibrations. It is all about your conscious energy so if its kinda blurry just scream clarity. O and by the way ive only had 1 OOBE but was completely able to do what i wanted. So if anyone says it is difficult to gain control than it will be, otherwise just lose your fears and do what you want i think it feels more real than reality.

Hi people. i am wondering if any of you have any tips on how to have an OBE and also tips for when you have one.
cheers snazihazi

Alright, I’ve been trying to have an OBE for the past week and a half or so and every night when I lay down to sleep I get myself relaxed enough so that I feel a really strong tingling in my legs and arms, and slightly in the muscles around my head (also a lot of HI at that point). However, once I get to that point I’m not sure what to do. No matter how hard I try to relax, I can’t seem to get the tingling to spread to my torso.

I think I got somewhat close last night because I started feeling a bit ‘floaty’ and even felt like I was slightly moving to the right/left but I wasn’t sure if I should have concentrated and tried to will myself out or tried to relax more. I kinda did both, and trying to will myself out made the sensation go away, while trying to relax made my mind drift, also making the sensation go away.

I feel like I’m pretty close so it’d be cool if anyone can give me a pointer or two. Thanks!

Ok, last night I got even closer, and though I kept dosing off throughout the hour that I attempted this OBE, when I was aware, I could almost see ‘through’ my eyelids for an instant or two. I wouldn’t say that I actually saw my room, but it was pretty close to what my room would look like, although it was very dark and hard to see.

So, anyone with any advice at all?

You should ask for advices in the Big WILD topic. What you describe is similar to WILD.

I have mixed feelings about OBEs. It’s not that I don’t believe them possible. I have had experiences in which I felt as if I was about to exit the body while conscious and as I am sure everyone here has experienced, that jolt back while drifting off to sleep.

So, I have no problem stating that they appear to me a reasonable experience for those who have them. My issue is that I simply see no reason to want to. Dream space is so much more interesting. So, what is the big draw? I just haven’t been able to get excited about it myself.

Eoghan

Well supposedly a lot of people use it as a tool to learn more about themselves and about what ‘really’ happens after you die (provided OOBE’s are genuine experiences and not just buffed up lucid dreams). I don’t know, but visiting the afterlife before afterlife seems like an interesting experience to me…

Anyway, today while taking my afternoon nap I tried to WILD but gave up and turned on my side and started to fall asleep. I then started to consciously drift into something that seemed a lot like a dream (oh, the irony) and then I heard that whirring sound and the ‘click’ i’ve read so much about, for the first time ever. I then realized that I was looking at my pillow, but that my eyes were closed! I then realized that while I was looking at a pillow, it wasn’t my pillow but rather just a gray pillow that laid where my real pillow should be. It also had a lot of floating and zooming geometrical patterns going through it, looking like something I’d see on an LSD trip. I tried to raise my body up but couldn’t because it was paralyzed. I then tried to will myself to roll over or float up but that didn’t work either. After that I opened my eyes, shook off the SP, and went back to sleep.

Anyone know what I should try next time this happens?

Theorically, rolling over, spining around your axis, etc. is the good trick.

I think I’ve had an OBE before. I’ll describe what it’s like as best I can.

Picture this: you’re lying in bed ready to go to sleep. You feel yourself drifting off. You’re not really dreaming, but you may see images in your head. Either way, you are half aware that you are falling asleep. You start to feel like you are riding a roller coaster, or doing something really fast where you keep getting jerked around. Suddenly, you feel a tremendous force, as if you just turned a sharp corner, and you wake up feeling freaked out. Either your eyes open wide and you lay there for a minute, breathing heavily, or you sit up in bed or jerk to the side. Whatever happens, you realize that the force you felt ACTUALLY HAPPENED and that it wasn’t part of a dream. That is, apparently, your spirit returning to your body after an OBE. It is really freaky, you are half asleep, somewhat lucid, almost dreaming, feeling like you’re going real fast, when suddenly you feel this force in real life and wake up, not sure if it was a dream or if you just dozed off and almost fell off the bed. I’ve heard that some people can train themselves to stay outside their bodies, and repress the urge to get freaked out and return, thus feeling the force and waking up. As for me, it only happens maybe once a month, and after a few minutes I can get back to sleep. I don’t really see the point of an OBE. Even though leaving your body is concievably cool, with regular LDing you can actually control your experience and reality. And maybe OBE isn’t really astral projection, maybe it’s just another, more intense, state of LDing. I guess the choice is up to you.

one can have an out of body expierence through (disclaimer:i do not recomend the use of drugs or the abuse of drugs, im just stating facts from erowid.org) drugs. its true, disacosiatives cut the cord between the physical body and your mind, such as ketamine, DXM (found in cough syrup) or PCP. Its the same thing as a lucid dream but you never go to sleep. personally i dont think you can actually leave your body but thats me being an atheist, its really having a lucid (or non lucid) dream/state where your mind keeps running but your body doesnt.

Its exactly like I was saying and people think that OBe doesnt exist.

Me too I think it is some sort of dream state, not really your body leaving.

I’m not sure where I stand when it comes to OBEs. Right now I don’t really believe that you actually leave your body in an OBE, I think the process is entire within our own consciousness, that’s why it’s so easy to have one when you’re WILDing or something.
However, having never had an OBE, I may very well be wrong about this. If I ever do have one, I plan to do a few reality checks, and then come to a definite conclusion for myself.

my opinion is…
I believe OBE does exist, but that it is very rare… and the majority of the reported OBEs are really lucid dreams.

Is this a OBE or what ??? - Feb 19, 2006

I would like to say that was the strangest dream of my life . Like it was not really a OBE but all my
brain was doing this and manipulating me.

At first I go to bed thinking about a LD no method of doing a OBE. After a moment I sleep normally .
This is was like I feeled I was asleep and sometime I feeled I was in my body , mind awake /body
asleep like a OBE.

After a moment im returning to my mind with HI (hyopnotactic illusion , dont remember the real word).
Like seing blue color like if I was really in a OBE. After a moment I feel little symptom of OBe , like
vibration and incomfort.

So I try to do a OBE. This is where is really fucked up. When I was not doing it correctly I was returning
to my body but in a incorrect position. This was really strange and at some time I was like sitting in my
bed but really knowing I was in my bed on the side position.
The weirdest like 2 or 3 time I tryed to project , I was litterally falling out of bed hurting my arm on the
wall. The pain was REALLY REAL . But I was knowing it was only a dream. Next moment i was in HI
state another time.

In HI state this was weird to because it was so strongly I can’t believe it. Like I was seeing into my
closed eyes , a FLY logo. Maybe like I already saw in real but that was strange. Even at some point , I
seen my chamber and there was like a big poster there , like a poster of BLADE (you know the movie
about vampire).

So in between these HI state sometime I like dream about something , Like I was watching television. I
was not like here watching a television but actually just seeing the actor playing the movie . Like just
the TV was existing , not my body. So in this sort of dream (weird , I never had such dream that im not
here) I try to remember it trying to understand everything what the actor said. At the time I was
understanding a little but now im so confuse. The actor was like in a restaurant and they were arguing
about something.

After that the HI kick another time. I retry method to go on a OBE and thing like that but the sensation
is so strange , not like the usual method to go out on a OBE.
So im in HI hearing exactly the TV of the last dream. That was like a TV was in my chamber opened ,
but I was knowing they were no TV opening in the house. So I try another time understanding what
they say withtout success.

This is where the OBE/dream part start. So when im like out of my body im not in my chamber but
beside here . This was not like flying or walking but more like teleportation. The feelings that I
remember the most was the dizzisness . I was very confused like I been in a roller coaster for about 5
rides. I have trouble to go to a place and trouble to ‘walk’ its like I was a baby trying to walk for the
first time.

So first I think about OBE remembering people say that we have a 360 view in these OBE. I try to look
behind me but nothing happen, this was like in a dream. So I go to the computer and check above him.
There was clock on like a poster . Like 6 clock. The strange thing is they were all saying the same hour
and the clock was very life-like. This was not a digital clock.
After that I explore my house trying to teleport. It work a little and im upstair wathcing through the
window. I see a person in ski-doo that goes right in frony of my house and after in the trees.
To the left of my house this was not like in real.

Shortly after I awake really confuse.

but the weirdest thing… I check my clock and its like maybe 45m-1 hour that I was sleeping…
I read somewhere that REM sleep have to do a long time before creating a dream.
But with this experience it was very quick and it was feeled like the double of time the experience really
was.

REALLY CONFUSING…
Additional Comments:
I add 1 to ND because its surely that.

And 0.5 to OBE because it was very strange and like that.

ND= 2

OBE= 1

The discussion went off topic and moreover it duplicated another out of topic discussion. I splitted and merged it into the Do you think OBE’s are LD’s? thread.

Check out for yourself and you will know its not lucid dream.