The BIG OBE topic [part IV]

You have to find a technique that works for you. For instance, with me, I try to do a reality check by holding my nose. You can’t breathe through it in an OOBE but you can in an LD. Another thing is the vividity, some people say OOBEs are more vivid than real life! I’ve only ever had one, so I can’t help you determine them completely.

That would be tricky, since in dreams you can become a dismbodied observer and see yourself-- your … other … dream body-- so just seeing your body is no guarantee.

Personally, I’ve found that OBE’s differ from LD’s in that I get vibrations early on, which I never get in lucid dreams… and clammy headaches and ravenous hunger afterwards, which I likewise never get after lucid dreams (I recently read that’s what happens when you OBE improperly :tongue: – like bellyflopping into a pool instead of doing a swan dive. You still get into the pool, but one’s a better way of doing it.)

The first few OBE’s were unlike anything I could ever dream of, but I suppose if you do it a lot then the experience trickles into the SC and you can begin having dreams about OBEing.

I guess the only real way we can really tell, is if we can observe something happening while out of body-- that somebody else can verify later. So, LD’s have their reality checks, OBE’s can have their surreality checks.

Thank you very much Ellyeve!
This information is just what I was looking for! :content:

You don’t actually have to see your body, but actually feeling more than one body at once. At least that is what happens to me. I can see my body lying on bed and if I do something to it (scream, pinch, kick :lol: ) I instantly wake up, while still feeling what I did to myself.
Last night my OBE experience was “verified” accidentally. It was about 2:10pm (can’t remember exactly, I was too bored to perfectly remember it) when I got through the walls until I got outside. My dog was sleeping somwhere in the bushes like it was dead. His position made me laugh and gave me some not so normal thoughts. Usually I can’t touch a thing while in OBE, at least not interacting with it. For example, I can touch the mouse of my computer but I cannot click or move it. So I thought it would happen the same with the dog. I tried to kick him a few times but my leg was getting through him :lol: In the end, I got nervous and tried to hit as hard as I could, with the only exception that this time worked and I actually felt that I hit something :lol:. The dog woke up and started to bark at me ‘isterically’. It was like even though he could not see me, he could some kind of feeling me and he was following me with those stupid barks until I got back in the house. Nothing out of ordinary until now.
The next day, my father told me that at about 2:00pm he got up because of the dog barking (this dog is supposed to protect our house so his barks are kind of important :razz: ) and got out. He also told me that the dog was behaving like he was seeing something, as he was moving in circles and getting from one corner of the garden to another continously.
I don’t think this is actually related to my OBE experience because I could not see my father getting out of the house and maybe it was just a dream when the dog woke up and my brain incercepted his barks and sent them into my experience. Still, it is very strange. Even my father was surprised to see my dog acting like that as, during the nights, he is usually very quiet.

I also got extreme headaches when trying OBE with special audio tracks with binaureal beats. Now, I’m not so happy to have OBE’s so much because I have lots of them and I let them come naturally, with no headache as side effect. I don’t think that my OBEs are indeed lucid dreams because I make the separation from my physical body “manually”, and I do always find myself in my bedroom, with an exact copy of the real house, although I don’t have tingling or high pitch noises.
For me I would say this sentence is the most important as it always described perfectly my OBE’s: There’s a strange, unearthly quiet about it (if you’re lucky!) and you feel more like a ghost than anything.. My hands are barely glowing and they have some lights through it, with very small wires, so small and many that my hand looks like it would have been watery, although when I touch it it is perfectly dry.

I’ve had an OBE or AP once and i instantly knew wasn’t a dream. When I woke up i had no idea what it was so I did some research during the day and found out it was an OBE :smile: I also dreamed i had an OBE once, while in my dream I of course thought it was a real OBE but when I woke up i knew it was a dream. The OBE I had was really short, I was just sitting up in my bed for about 5sec. I was conscious during the separation.

Today, my sister came up to me and started telling me how her AP Spanish teacher was talking to her about her out of body experience.

Before today, I don’t really think my sister believed me or the fact of lucid dreaming or OOBE For that matter.

But today she came to me and started telling my how her teacher came up to her and asked her if she knew about lucid dreaming and my sister said “yeah, my brother is into that kind of stuff”, and the teacher started telling her about her lucid dreams.
Later, however her teacher said one time she went to take a nap on the couch, and suddenly she felt a great tugging and pulling sensation and she was yanked from her body. She burst out in the form of a fish and then went through a wall. On the other side she was herself, and she saw her husband watching T.V, just how she had left him. She shouted to him, but he didn’t acknowledge her. She Noticed a long silver chain that seemed to be glowing connecting her to her body.

My sister said her teacher told her she had many experiences like this one, and until she started doing research, didn’t know what they were.
One this did interest me though, was the fact that her teacher said she hated looking at her body when she was out of it. She said she was filled with a sense of fear and anxiety. Also, what could the fact that at first she was a fish coming out of her body mean?

Just an hour ago I had an unexpected OBE. I woke up in SP. I haven’t woken up during SP in over 5 years that I can recall, so that was strange. I saw shadows in my doorway, which freaked me out, but I realized they were probably SP hallucinations. Suddenly I remembered that SP was supposed to be a good time to Astral Project, so I tried to float out of my body. I could feel myself rising and falling, but it also felt as if my blankets were moving. I decided that I was still nervous about the shadows, so I concentrated on feeling love as a way to overcome the fear and ensure that I wouldn’t get stuck in a lower plane. My vision went muddy, and I felt as though I was being sucked through a tunnel. I could hear a high pitched ringing noise getting louder and louder. when I realized that it was probably a ringing in my ears, I ended up in my body again.

I still had SP. I could feel vibrations, and I felt light and disconnected from my body. This time, I thought about rolling out of my body. I felt myself roll over and fall onto the wood floor, but I was sort of astrally paralyzed, mostly because I didn’t know what to do with myself. Then I heard a tv faintly from the apartment above mine, so I decided to float up and see if I could travel to it. I felt myself floating up as if my back slid against the wall the whole time. I expected to float through the ceiling, but instead I suddenly felt my head thump into the ceiling. I tried to tell myself that it was all in my mind and to just force myself through. It seemed to work for a couple of inches, but it felt slow and painful as if I were forcing a semisolid body of matter (my head) through another semisolid (the ceiling). I gave up on that method, and decided to try imagining that the window behind me was open. I was then able to roll out of the open window, and I landed in the wet grass outside. (It had been raining.) The sensations were so tactile and so convincing that I worried that I had somehow actually crawled out of my window in my sleep. To make matters worse, I also felt as if I weren’t wearing any pants whatsoever. I worried that my neighbors might see me half naked lying on my lawn. Even though it seemed unlikely, the thought scared me, so I decided that it wasn’t worth the risk to stay out there.

The next thing I knew, I was gradually waking up, lying in my bed, feeling the most intense vibrations running up and down my spine rapidly. The sensations seemed to be strongest at the base of my skull at my brain stem. At that spot, they tickled so much that they were actually quite painful, but not entirely unenjoyable. I thought to myself that I could probably project again from that state, but I decided to wake up so that I could record the experience before I forgot any details. Upon waking, I could still feel energy running through my body for several minutes. An hour later, the base of my skull is still tingling. If that was all just a dream (which I doubt), then it was definitely the strangest and most intense dream I’ve ever had in my entire life.

uhm…I have a little question :content: What does Energy fluxes mean? I searched in my lexikon but I couldn’t find the word Fluxes
:wink:

I’ve had one or two partial OBEs before such as when my arms and maybe my legs separated. I’ve dreamed of having OBEs before, too. I was napping at my grandma’s house and dreamed I had vibrations and everything before separating (twice) but woke up realizing they weren’t actual OBEs.

I’ve read that there’s no danger in OBEs that you can’t get back, but yesterday an IRC friend (from a different channel/server than the ld4all one) told me that one of his friends did a lot of meditation/OBEs. He’d stay at home while the others were out and he’d tell them about things they said and did while he wasn’t there. Anyway, one time, he said he couldn’t find his way back to his body and he had to be revived. My friend said the first thing the guy said when they revived him was “I couldn’t find my way back.” (And this guy had no apparent health problems to trigger a death while he was out of body or anything like that.)

Little creepy that supposedly there’s no danger of that happening but there’s a story of it happening to someone. But then again, you can’t tell if it would be extremely rare or a bit more commonplace than that. Any thoughts?

First, I expect people to be as wary of my own anecdotes and suppositions, as I will be of other people’s anecdotes (such as your friend’s account, unless you also know him IRL, and others) and suppositions (such as “there is absolutely no danger of that happening” – could just be that anyone who’s had that happen to them is seldom in any position to warn us.)

My guess is… well, my roommates never walked in while I was “meditating” to find me dead, so at least OBE’s do not directly halt your pulse and breathing. If we can take into account NDE’s, physical trauma can sometimes cause OBE’s without willful initiation, so that could make it hard for confused traumatized people to find the way “back” at first.

So, my guess is that it could have still been a bodily failure that would have caused him to get lost, and not the (seemingly obvious) journeying got him lost. Quite a few health problems that would cause sudden death really aren’t apparent, until they appear.

Thought of that too somewhat. It’s just not often you hear a story like that, so I wanted to share. The link does seem a lot similar, though I wouldn’t be quite inclined to believe that the guy got “pulled” into another body. Thanks for your thoughts. ^^

A few nights a go, I had woken up at 5am and I was struggling to fall back to sleep. My body was feeling heavy, numb and tingly, and the next thing I remember is floating midair above my bed, looking around my room. I immediately knew that my physical self was asleep, so I was slightly scared that this was happening. I remember thinking it was weird, but I didn’t want to wake myself up after it had taken roughly an hour to fall asleep. However, I did anyway, because I was scared.

Unfortunately, I didn’t look down, so I don’t know whether or not I would have seen my body sleeping in bed. I was just as awake as I am during the day, however I don’t remember actually separating from my body, so I’m not sure whether it was a OBE or a LD.

I very recently started trying to have OBEs. Three times now I felt like I was going to, I felt vibrations and I felt like I was leaving my body. But each time it just ended up being a lucid dream about being out-of body.
Though not exactly what I was trying to do, they were still pretty interesting experiences.

What is actually the difference between OBE and LD? Aren’t they the exactly same thing? Just look for guides on how to do an OBE and you’ll be surprised that it is very similar to WILD procedure or even identical. Also, in an OBE, you can do the same stuff as in a LD. In OBE you can walk, fly, teleport, visit different places, see yourself sleeping…but that’s exactly what you can do in a LD. So what’s the difference between OBE and LD?

Just what it sounds like, OBE is outside your body. So you can see things from reality while lying in your bed :smile:

Nope.

They’re spelled different.

:rofl: Ah… sorry about that. Seriously, though? In a lucid dream, you know that you’re dreaming. In an OBE, that’s not always the mindset. You might “think” you’re dying, or AP’ing, and even after waking up or tuning back in could remain convinced that it wasn’t even a dream, so it’s not lucid.

And then, while you can have the experience of seeing a sleeping body that looks like yours in a lucid dream if you wanted to, not all lucid dreams have to involve a scene like that.

I’m not surprised at all that OBE inductions are similar to WILD’s, since I started out attempting OBE’s through meditations that resulted in an LD instead (which was still cool.) Now that I’ve been able to do both, I can say that in general OBE’s require a change in proprioception, while WILD’s are more sensory. And when it happens, OBE’s are usually accompanied by vibrations, and LD’s usually aren’t.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Hi EllyEve, can I ask you for OBE advice?

I know a little about OBE’s but I’m having trouble achieving one I can remember. I own the book Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce and an Astral Projection Isochronic tone. I’ve used It successfully a few times but didn’t remember.The first time I used it I had Known practically nothing about OBE’s, and I know it worked because my exit symptoms were super strong. Unfortunately my greater consciousness was in my physical body and I interpreted it as a failure. I’ve tried many other times with less than stellar results.

I do meditate every day and often feel my energy body activating, and when I close my eyes I feel my astral body trying to leave my physical body. This is a recent development for me, and I haven’t pursued it further because rushing is the quickest way to ruin a plan.

Do you have any advice on OBE’s from meditation? Should I be activating me Chakras while meditating? What helps you exit your body? Any advice you have is valuable.

Thank you

Blush*

Chakra meditations are good practice. Instead of visualizing a flower or a ball of light, though, or even handforms or yoga poses… try to become that point of focus. If you try just basic mind-clearing meditation, maybe you’ll find the sensation of soul-stuff collecting in the area of your head. This could just be an illusion: we rely a lot on sight, and our eyes are in our head; hearing’s probably the second most-popular sense, and that’s in our head. So, by default, we live in our heads and direct the rest of our body parts as if from a watchtower.

But if you can get that feeling to sink, let that mass of soul-stuff drift lower, let your eyes and ears take on a sense of remoteness that previously only your other parts had-- and presently you become a toe, or hand, or chakra along your spine. What you’ve done is play with your proprioception: your sense of location.

After you get comfortable with that meditation, it may be easier to move on to-- well, I wrote up a tutorial for that :content:

During the OBE meditation, forget all you’ve read about theosophic planes and astral bodies, chakras and chi-- all you’re aiming for is the experience. Which you won’t get. No ifs, or unlesses.

(I’m only saying this because OBE’s only happen to me if I can trick myself into believing that it won’t happen: that I’m only doing the spatial-tactile meditation for its own sake. :tongue:)

Thank you very much for this info.

I’ll be working with this information at a slow pace; when I succeed I’ll be sure to post it somewhere.

Have you ever triggered an OBE form a LD? I think I tried once, but didn’t remember.

Thank you again

Blush*

My so far only OBE was right after waking up from a Lucid Dream. I didn’t use any technique but there are some to turn LDs into OBEs.