The BIG Reality Check Topic [part III]

Exactly the same for me, I dream weird things but can never understand that i’m dreaming, I think the best thing to do is always assume that you’re dreaming, and do RC:s, so you’ll eventually understand it. I’m practising every day by now :content:

The one RC that never fails is to check a digital clock (and for some reason, there’s ALWAYS one handy, no matter where I am). I look, look away, then look back. In my dreams, it ALWAYS changes around, sometimes to unintelligible characters.

I’ve gotten into a habit of checking for them whenever I suspect I’m dreaming, and often during the day, just to reinforce the habit.

:peek:

The Rev

Yeah, suspect reality. Always ask yourself, is this a dream? and do LOADS of reality checks. I always used to forget them, but I do over 30 a day now, I’d say. At least 15.

Then hopefully I’ll do some in my dreams! And I’ll get lucid!

YER!

hello you all… it si good to be (partially back)…

so i havent had any LDs yet but i am making progress…

i am in a dream last night and it is about me and some other people passing through a portal and coming to “another world” (as i called it in my deam)… so i wasnt sure if it was another world or not so i thought " lets do a nose RC and make sure" (the problem is i wasnt doing it to see if it was a dream but if we entered this “another world”, dream never even crossed my mind!!!) so i did a nose RC and i could breathe!!!

so i thought ok guys this is another world, lets go on…

WTF??? so i really dont know what to think of it… not once in my dream did i think abot anything weird or that it might be a dream… i am happy though i did a RC in my dream , but hey, it is not going to work if i think the RC has totally diferent function!!

so nw what?? did it ever happen to you???

Haha that’s kind of funny.

I don’t know what you should do, maybe try moving on to other techniques. (WBTB + WILD is a must try)

I don’t get it. If you did RC, and it succeed, AND it didn’t made you lucid, it may mean that you don’t usually think “Am I dreaming ?” while doing a RC.

Eventually, dream needed just some kind of check and random thing that showed up on yur mind was was a RC. If it was like that, it’d be a single incident, nothing to worry about.

It isnt that my RC didnt work, it is just that i used it for totally differernt purpose… the good thing is that i now know what it feels like to do a nose rc and to be able to breathe…i mean off course it dindt work the right way but a pencil works just fine when jou use it to fetch something under your bed… :smile:

when i do my dayly RCs i always think about dream and what would it be like in a dream now an so on…

well i hope it was a one time accident :content:

The only RC that definetly works for my is breathing underwater. With this RC i actually have become lucid 2 times, but i woke up afterwards, even though i wasnt excited.

On the forum, I heard of someone talking about having an item (like a watch or bracelet) that he made, that vibrated, or shocked him every once in a while. He always did RCs then, and when he was shocked, or vibrated in his sleep, he’d do RCs then, and then realise he was dreaming…

I was wondering: Does anyone have any information on this? If there’s a manufactured product out there like this? (Besides vibrating watches. They’re too expensive), or any guide on how to make one of these? I’d be very appreciative.

whats RC?

I merged this into the BIG Reality Check topic, where you can read everything about RCs :cool:

I have a big problem. I can’t seem to remember to do RCs. Can anyone give me some tips on remembering to do them?:help:

I guess they’re kinda’ important to remember.

Also (off-topic) does anyone know where I can get a decent 13-moon calendar free, for 8.5x11 paper. :help:

This probably isn’t helpful because you already know this, but just try to develop a habit, do the nose RC (plug nose and inhale) a few times a day and increase from there. I don’t know why, but I have some weird habit of doing RCs, about 50+ nose RCs a day for me.

Looking at your watch/clock/reading is a pretty simple RC, doesn’t involve much thinking. And before you go to sleep, do a few RCs and remind yourself- no, - tell yourself to do some RCs in your dreams. Works great for me.

Maybe you could specify where you have problems with RCing in dreams, or remembering to do RCs.

The RCs are just a matter of getting used to doing them in waking life so you do them in dreams too.
You can find the current 13 moon calendar here tortuga.com/eng/calendar/mag … /index.php

thankyou

so i guess i just have to make it a habit

moved to big reality check topic :moogle:

someone tell me a good example of an rc…also…am i supposed to do them in my dream??

A good example? Anything that works best for you…
A good one for me is looking at my hands, works everytime :smile:
And yes, you’re definetly supposed to do them in your dreams; thats the whole point, to get lucid. But don’t forget to do them in waking life every once in a while…

My favourite RC is pinching your nose (so I can’t breathe through it) and attempting to breathe through it. If I can… I’m dreaming.

try to look into a mirror, and search for weird things on you, sometimes the person you see in the mirror is not you, also jump once in a while, it doesnt matter if theres people around, I did it today at the mall, got some wird looks but its worth trying if it triggers lucidity, and if you have pets, try talking to them, or just touching them, this are the ones im trying out I just started today so I cant say they work, I dont do the hand thing because in my dreams my hand looks normal, but Ive read it works out fo many people

the best RC is most definantly holding your nose and seeing if you can breathe. It works/doesn’t work everytime, and i think its 100% effective, but you may want to try a few other RC’s if your unsure before you jump off a building lol.

I agree, the nose RC is very good, but it’s not 100%. At least not for every one. It’s never failed me, but I know it has for others.
My other favorite RC is counting your fingers. I usually do this right after I plug my nose just for fun. It works about 90% of the time for me. The other 10%, I either miscount or I don’t realize that 6 fingers is not normal :razz: