The BIG Reality Check Topic [part III]

how can you pinch my nose??? and how come you cant breathe through it… if you breathe through my nose you must be dreaming!!! :mrgreen_hat:

seriously though, it is my favorite RC two!!!

I like the nose RC, but sometimes my nose makes funny noises anyways in waking life. 0_o I count my fingers, too. Once I had a dream where my hands were see-through with blue lightning stripes. Bizarre. In another one I had 11 fingers. I also check my digital watch to see if it changes, but I’ve never done it in a dream.

last night in my dream i looked at a digital watch and i could easily see the time, and it was quite vivid too… so i guess that is not a good RC for me!

last night I more of just thought of the circumstances. I was in college but I thought to myself you know what would suck? If this was all a dream. Then I realized that im still in highschool so theres no way this is real. But once I was lucid I began to do what I wanted to do (talk to dc) and I was trying to show them that this was a dream by doing rc but none of them worked except for the nose rc. For some reason this woke me up.

I think it would help me if i could have more unexpected prompts (a sign that makes me do a RC) during the day. Like today I needed some paper, so i tore off a piece from a reminder/to do list notepad and i suddnely noticed the heading - ‘Don’t Forget…’ . It immediately reminded me to do a RC.

Well, unfortunately I am a smoker, and I know there is nothing good coming from cigarette smoking, but there might be one positive side(I know there is nothing positive about smoking) But Im trying an experement where i buy a certain color lighter (white) and write “Dream?” on it. So whenever I light up a death stick I see “Dream?” and examine everything around me, and look into the flame for a minute. Hopefully this will work because I tend to smoke a lot in ND’s and fire looks distorted to me in dreams. Anyway, anyone think this would work?

That’s definitely a strong way to do RCs…but so harmful :sad: You should keep trying to quit, but while you are smoking, it’s a pretty positive aspect to it! :content:

i believe it will work! just dont smoke more now so you can do more RCs :smile:

Since my LD average has hit a very low lull, I decided to think of the MOST common place thing IRL. I thought it’d be better to do RC’s about things I see a lot IRL, since I don’t have many common DS’s. Think it’ll work?

I came up with 2 things. Trees and water. Since I live on a lake and have had dreams swimming and stuff, I decided to do a RC every time I see or think of water in any form. ie: I thought about going out on a boat ride today, boat is on water…RC

I did about a hundred RC’s in chem class today too :razz: I hope this works.

I’m sure that will help, but you also have to remember to do RCs when weird situations happen, and just randomly!

For example, At night I get this ‘lucid’ feeling, as though I’m having a lucid dream. It feels really weird, I do many man Rcs because I really feel like it’s a dream. Whenver, I get de ja vu, I do an RC…when I’m in a situation where I feel ‘woah this is just like a dream’ I RC.

Try what I do sometimes I’m sure it will also help along with what you are trying.

I want to try a Really weird RC. Whenever I feel like I’m dreaming, I want to check my pockets to see if I have a card in my pockets that says dream. The funny part is, I won’t put a card there. I’ll just expect to find one by believing. For example, when you look at the time in a dream, and look away you expect the time to change instantly …so it does. (at least thats what i think)

So that means, Simply because you believe it will change it does. So if you believe you will find a card that says dream in your dream, will it work? I’ll find out hopefully. :cool:

[mod]This discussion continues in part IV :cool: [/mod]