the BIG remembering dreams topic part V

I have. One time I stayed up 3 days in a row.

In my opinion the best thing to do is get a specific journal and pen that you will write your dreams in and place it close to your bed. Every time you wake up regardless of the time stay still and do nothing except concentrate on your dreams that you can remember. Then once you have remembered as much as you can, write it down even if it’s only impressions or images, more will come. every day you will improve at what you remember.

Another technique is to get a glass of water and put it next to your bed. Then when you get in bed you drink half the cup while telling yourself, “When I drink the rest of this water, I will remember my dreams.” The next morning first focus on your dreams, then drink the rest of the water, and then write.

NOTE: In my opinion it is imperative that you keep the journal close to your bed because for me movement destroys my recall.

moved from quest forum to the sticky topic in stuff :moogle:

Im not a novice LD’er but i still need help with dream recall. Anyone know of any way to make it come back and work really well. Working every night?

Hi, I take B complex pills. One at about 9+am and another at 3pm. They are just B complex vitamins not the mixed ones.

IMJ

Meditate.

Meditate for what? I hope i get my DR working.

That’s the point.

I noticed after a few sessions on my energy channels/centers etc. that my dream recall was really improving.

Thanks for this, from me too! :smile: it helped :smile: thank you :smile:

Where did my post go? :confused:
here Dreams since it was going completely off topic :moogle:

Anyway, I truely love dreaming and want to remember as much as possible. I can’t wait for the vacation to get around, then I’ll have plenty oppertunity to remember my dreams.

Well i used to start remembering at least two very detailed dreams before but all of a sudden i cant remember anyything.Can you help me?

Can you tell us about what dream-recall methods you use and how?

[moved into sticky big topic :moogle: [/mod]

First question is if it’s better to go to bed early if I wanna remember my dreams? I often go to bed around 2 a.m.
Is it easier to remember dreams when I take a nap in the middle of the day?

And maybe this is a recurring question but I have trouble with my DR. I can’t remember much of my dreams at all. There are some fragment some nights, but not often.
I’ve tried to tell myself before going to sleep that I will remember them. I’ve also tried to set the alarm for 6 or 7.5 hours after I go to sleep.
When I wake I lie still and try to remember, but I can’t.
Is there any more things I can try, or should I just try more?
How long does it take to get better DR? days, weeks, month?

I’d say days. It’s better to go to bed earlier ofcourse, and if you are going to wake up in the middle of the night I’d suggest 3-4 hours after falling asleep.

If you have a hard time sleeping earlier a nap in the day will do just about the same. You won’t be that tired at 2 AM then and you mind can relax.

A banana or two before going to bed wouldn’t hurt either :razz:

Is it easier to remember a dream if it is more vivid?

So if you do a lot of things during a day, your dream gets more vivid, and you remember it easier?!

Often you do remember vivid dreams better.

So maybe I should keep myself busy during the day so that I have much to dream about :wink: If a wanna remember easier.

The MOST vividest dream I had was last night and I did almost nothing yesterday. But, I did go to a water park the day before yesterday…Did that have anyting to do with it?

P.S. is vividest an actual word?

I believe you should write it as a “most” sentence: “The MOST vivid dream…”.

lol.

ok, i changed it.

I realized something this morning. I woke up after a long period of sleep and still remembered bits of about 6 dreams. The only parts I remembered had a strong emotion in it, of love or pride or something.

Isn’t it obvious that we more easily remember dreams that are emotionally significant in some way? Our memories are more easily tied to events that are very emotional, so wouldn’t this be true in a dream as well?

I’m not sure if this can help in any way. But I found it interesting.