the BIG riddle topic [part VIII]

@Jason:

… What if?

I_I I_I
XI_I_ --> XI_I_
I_I OI_I_

In this scenario, you have no chance of winning if the computer would always play the best move afterwards. If the computer places his first move in the middle, the saem will happen. You won’t win. If he plays it on the box opposite the box you put your mark in, then the same thing will happen. Bottom line is this won’t give you the highest chance of winning.

(Remember… the computer will always play the best move BUT its first move will always be random. That’s where chance plays a part. You need to find the first move for you that will guarantee you the highest chance of winning.)

(Not sure if this should go here… Seems strange)

Man goes over, Man goes under. During wartime mans burns asunder.

What am I?

You’re a ferret!

I mean a bridge.

If two american coins makes 30 cents and one is NOT a nickel, what are they?

a quarter and a dime perhaps? i think i might have heard something like this one before and the answer was something about how it still makes 30 cents. :eh: i don’t remember anymore.

Nope, not a quarter and a dime, thats 35 cents :razz:

I’m used for communication.
An invention of the latest but never widely spoke of.
You sacrifice treasure to speak with a friend.
I’m omni-present.

What am I?

Thankee-sai your answer is true.

A quarter and a nickel.

A quarter is not a nickel you see.

Cid Silverwing, Perhaps a Pay phone?

You can talk with people in another country even, though not the latest I suppose.

You have to pay money to speak to someone, don’t think int’s omnipresent.

But hey, a try is a try.

Close, but not quite the correct answer, Ferret. :3

Mobile phone?

Very good ferret!

Hmm…mobile phones/cell phones are widely spoken of though…I think
Radios? Radio waves are everywhere…but its still spoken of a lot…And its slightly out dated.

Perhaps your voice. You yell and sacrifice energy. But that’s not really an invention.

I don’t know. :shrug:

it’s a quarter and a nickle

one is not a nickle, the other one is

Correct, Heb: Mobile phone.

Treasure = Money
Omni-present = Self-explanatory (It’s everywhere)

But people always talk about them…at least I think so…

Anway, some post a new riddle! :colgate:

oh! riddles~
I like them a lot… but I’m terrible at making them up >.<

Hmm here’s one you might’ve heard before.
This really sadistic armed guy is keeping 4 guys in a room and makes them sit in a line facing right, right, right, (wall),& left (respectively call them guy1, guy2, guy3, guy4). He blindfolds them and then places hats on their heads: guy1-black hat, guy2-white hat, guy3-black hat, guy4-white hat. None of the guys move or resist during this time, because they know the armed guy could kill them at any moment. In order to live, they must play his “game”. They already knew how they were sitting, now the armed guy explains, “I just put 4 hats on your heads; 2 black hats and 2 white hats. The 1st person who tells me the color of his hat wins. You cannot move from your position except to give me the answer.” He unblindfolds them.

Who will answer first, 99% sure of his answer? And why?

My guess would be the sadistic armed guy. He would already know what color his hat is, assuming he is wearing one. :razz:

I don’t really get how the 4 are sitting though…Are any of them facing each other?
All you have to do is see 2 other hats (if they are the same color), other than your own, and you can tell what color yours is.

It is supposed to be the 4th one, because he can see the 3 others. (assuming the layout is this:
guy1 guy2 guy3|
|
guy4 |
)

Yeah. Are they lined up “guy, guy, guy, wall between, guy” with everybody facing the wall, or what?

Lol, the sadistic armed guy isn’t playing of course XP There are other versions of this game where its they are stuck to their heads in sand and need to figure out the color of their hats to lift a curse or something.

This might help:

From left to right: guy1, guy2, guy3, guy4

If guy 2 and 3 would have the same color hat, guy 1 would know his color (since there are only two hats with the same color, he must have the other color). But this is not, so guy 1 doesn’t know which colour his hat is. Because guy 1 doesn’t say anything, guy 2 knows he has a different color hat as guy 3. Since he sees guy 3 has a black hat, he must have a white one himself.

I suppose this is getting old, but it’s fun nonetheless, aye?

[i] I’m not mentioned as a friend and frequently abused in fiction.
I’m worshipped in the view of the desert-dwelling people.
Quick and nimble, I stalk the shadows.
At any age I’m one of top 10 cutest things on Earth.

Who am I? [/i]