the BIG Shared Dreaming Topic

You are right. I make a quick judgment. Stupid!! It is not a paradox but a tautological statement.

My supplement is a ‘relative’ theoretical one:

I believe in science to. it is a very interesting practice. It generates in my opinion metaphors to communicate and to understand the world. I could be written in any language; mathematics, in logical constructs, physical laws, fairy tails, symbols etc.
But when you talk about light, you talk about vibration and/or about particles. Both are very different concepts, although they are combined in the concept of light.

Science is then relative, the same as the description off relativity in the relativity theory. And this is also a relative statement or not? But to make it relative you need at least two points. They are related in a specific moment (a). And specific moment (a) is related with a other specific moment (b). You get a matrix of interconnected relativities at a supposed level Y. The relativities in level Y relates to a level Z. From level Z you can understand de basic structure of Y. But you can’t understand how it relates to Z, because you are in Z. You need a meta level X to understand how Y relates to Z and Z to Y.

Its only a concept in specific form to get grip of the world. Maybe it is pure bullshit. But that’s relative. For me this form is a tool to understand on this specific moment aspects of the world.

Relevant in this line of thought is: What is the thing that facilitates this kind of levels. Is that something in the mind of Aristotle; the prime mover:

“Then there is also something which moves it. And since that which is moved while it moves is intermediate, there is something which moves without being moved: something eternal which is both substance and actuality”

Or is this a explanation with a taboo connotation, and is it better to talk about actual science, for example in the form of Computational equivalence formulated by Stephen Wolfram wolfram.com/webresources.html
and this but you need quick time player (see apple) the principle is this
gallery.wolfram.com/images/Animations/3/Rule30
gallery.wolfram.com/images/Anima … rabolDodec

He discovered in his book a New Kind of science the principle of computational equivalence. All kinds of processes are formulated in computational terms. For example simple rules that generates all kinds of patterns, randomness, nested, biological patterns etc etc.
Wolfram thinks that:

“And what this suggests is that a fundamental unity exist across a vast range of processes in nature and elsewhere: despite all their detailed differences every process can be viewed as corresponding to a computation that is ultimately equivalent in its sophistication.”

But all this bla bla leads far from the point made, namely is contact between lucid dreamers possible.

That’s why I go on:

When you see the mind as a electromagnetic matrix. Then it interacts with other electromagnetic fields. A flower sends electromagnetic energy, maybe trough vibration the result is that the brain receives something at a level Y, but level Y is only the physical matrix. Now it must relates to level Z to become conscious, this could be the conscious matrix. This matrix is build one thousands of thoughts and memories. But we cannot experience all. That’s why we need some intention to make clear what we want to make clear, for example the flower.

Suppose a level LD were it is possible to be conscious about a dream. You can use the same tool, namely intention. Maybe it is possible to have a intention in a LD level to make contact to a other LD dreamer. The other LD dreamer must have the same intention, that is to make contact. That’s the whole crux when do we have the same intention, when we are at the same level at suppose the same time.

The LD level is very fluid one you can transport for example very fast. It could be that over great distances the LD level facilitates communication, because it is electromagnetic energy. But only without significant resistance. When dreamer B don’t want to make contact with A, contact is impossible. When dreamer B is awake and dreamer A want to make contact, he maybe have telepathic contact, but dreamer B must be level without to much resistance. Maybe LD dreamers reinforce each other when they are at a certain level. The same as in physics… I forgot the terminology…

I am empty now, it becomes to unclear. Hopefully it is constructive and readable…….

wow i tell ya what that help a lot, i wasnt gonna say any of that cause i thought no 1 would get it, i know i bearly do, but you are right. Many time i have thought about being on the same level at the same time, but as far as i know, and from what i have read, time is not counted in dreams, Nor is space. And mybe we are all doing it right now on a level we are unaware of. i mean in my lucid dreams i can feel every on and everything as a part of myself, but on a few occassions i have been unbale to feel certian people. and on this occassion that i will tell, it lead me to belive time has no effect on dreams and sharded dreaming is possibile.

ths is only a small part and i am very tird and about to go to be so soz bout the spelling

“i walk into a bike shop and there are two guys standinga t the back of the store, they are talkign quitly, i have come here because i am way outside my city and need to get back to get to school in time (this was when i first started college and if we missed the first day we were stuffed) any way, they start to look up to m and i sence somthing from them, something not me. ( wow really hitting the mem here) they sak me somthin like “finily come back to us Richard?” i ahve no idea what they are talking about and say “no i am here for a bike, got any for $10” they smile and say quietly to each other “he doesnt remember” the other says “he will dont worry, it will come back to hima dn then it will be like the old days, just give him time” the other smiles and looks at me, i am total confused the man shows me some bikes for like $100 and i shake my head. i leave feeling very confused. ask i exit the door i hear them talkignquietly saying “he will come back into his power dont worry” i exit and see a big macdonnalds (they are everywhere even in my dream :sad: )
there are a lot of people here and i can feel them all, i can feel the sun and the light and i become lucid and notice that i couldnt feel the ttwo men in the shop, they seem distant very far away, bu i know them…”

yer so i now belive it can be done. i cant tell u how i know these men or why but i do. anyway i hope that helped lighten the idea around here and jump off science for a bit but as it is said “science doesnt have all teh answers, but what does” we dont know as much as we think and we could know a lot more if we tryed, thats why i am never going to give up on this. never

Richard

sometimes i wonder if dreams aren’t just thoughts inside ur head, but sort of a “world” or “internet” of dreams, so i’m sure its possible 2 have shared dreaming. Why not??? It’s a shaky subject tho bcuz if u aren’t lucid you might not be able to communicate with somebody u know and if one of u doesn’t remember the dream, how would u ever know what really happened?

once you go lucid it’s kinda hard not to remember it…

i beg to differ on that, i have forgotten a few ld, i hate my self for it but i just know i had it i just cant remember what i did.

oh, well everyone i know says that they can remember their LD’s down to almost every detail, and I remember all of mine, then again i’ve only had three, but it just seems to me that these things would kinda get stuck in your head.

well i have had a few, and they to me sometimes are like ordaniary dreams, i wake than fall asleep and only remember a small part of the ld but others i remember so well it takes and hour and a hlaf to write down lol

Richard

my statement to the science thingy:
“if i can’t see it, i don’t believe it” - famous sentence eh?

my (our?) western view of the world is dominated by science.

development of machnies and chemical stuff is the result

develompmet of the mind? erm… not really existant.

so really many things 'bout mind and sprit are hard to accept for may of us

imagine, some native farmer, living his life like it was 100’s of years ago, not knowing bout electricity… and you come over and say: here, this thing is called mobile phone, you can talk to anybody around the world. do you think he would believe?

so few people say : but you can make believe him! just let him talk to somebody!

but is it that easy? think 'bout the fact, he self has to switch it on, to dial a number, find out witch way to hold it.
he will say you are crazy, and continue to work on his field : )

Pixelmonster- I like the way you say that!! Very very clear!

Nvtl I think we should be a little sceptical. 10000’s of LD’ers are existant, and about all of them wish (and sure try) to have shared dreams. That should, if possible, maybe give much more SD anekdotes than we have now.

But I’ll stay open-minded to shared dreaming!

JJJ

guess wut?! I had a SHARED DREAM! I’ll spare u the exact details bcuz even i don’t remember a consistent story line, but every little detail i talked about with the other person was shared! such as the lake, the living crocodile, tripping over the crocodile bones, the evil guy’s house, his hair color, the other people in the dream, a friend of ours being hypnotized and turned against us, the main story plot etc…by the way we’re still trying to find out if the girl who was hypnotixed remembers it also because that would b so cool!
can u remember ur dreams if u were hypnotized?! :eek:

Me and another friend are also going to try, but i think shared dreaming is something that hits when u don’t try bcuz neither of us did!
Wish us luck :tongue: Sweet DReamer

first i want to say thanx for making this post a sticky, i think it needs it :content:

second well done on the sd, but did u record it? and did the other person too?

i am all for beliving that you did have a sd and every bit inside me whats to agree with it but then i got a nagging feeling which always wants the hhard facts.

could you post it up in the dream diary section?

Well done and keep at it.

2 years i have tryed and you just have one out of the blue :grrr:

lol

Richard

no, we didn’t record it in our dream journals if thats wut u meant-but this morning i asked what she dreamed about cuz she was in the dream, and she told me everything i had dreamed, and i asked a couple questions and everything matched up. here is the basic story line:
Me and Her go down to lake, it is at camp, and she gets in the lake and paddles around (in a boat) but i don’t because i don’t want to get in trouble, evil guy’s dock is over on the side, he is sitting there glaring. we also remember something about a live alligator. we don’t remember what he does or how she gets out. Next thing we know we are on the hill where she got in at the lake, and there is Evil GUy’s shack. (our descriptions of evil guy and the shack match perfectly) in case you are wondering, his shack is tiny, run down, brown, and surrounded by leaves. we don’t remember which happens first, but evil guy glares at us out a small window and my friend trips over a pile of leaves that uncovers a rotting alligator skeleton :eek: yuck! then we are running away from evil guy. He hypnotizes another friend, who turns on us, Then, she dissappears in the same time in the storyline that she says she woke up.
btw i asked the third girl if she remembers what happened: she woke up earlier than the dream took place but i think this is more than a coincedence. She definitely wasn’t acting like herself in the dream, even before she was hypnotixed. Maybe in the dream somebody else was her, like sometimes you aren’t yourself in a dream. I should ask all my friends. Anyway, thanx for reading this i kno its pretty long! :tongue:

ok thats it that is fantastic, first off i want to say well done, i dont know how long ago u pasted this up but i have been away. oh and bout your girlfriend acting weird. i have found too that dreams that i belive i am dreaming ( i say belive cause everyone i ask doesnt really remember their dreams real well ) they act weird, diffrent from teh other dream characters, well it is like this.

as if there were sleeping.

You know how you do some crazy stuff in dreams that just dont make sence or you are following a plot and just know things, well htses Dc (or r they) act diffrent sorta … stupidly???

oh well thats the best i got. still no luck on sd for me but how did you do it? try anything?

Richard

first of all, im sorry that you did not understand my post Atheist…i think sience is great, look where it has brought us!
ill say it in another way; do you think that all that we know now is right say 1000 years? I do not, i think they will look back and ask themselves how could we believe in that!

TimeLess_Soul (and all others)
if SD were to be real it must have something to do with telepathy, rigth? so to be able to SD you must be able to do telepathy. have you been on psipog? if not go there, they explain a “to do list” how to open yourself, like you become a reciever. and then how to sent messeges to ppl who have “open themselves”
if you really want to have a SD i suggest researching and training this, for me it makes a bit sence.

hmm your right actally that does make sence, i have been training my self for this after that weird beam thing that happened to me, oh could you please direct me to the web site again

cheers

Richard

psipog.net/welcome.php

i wanted to train in this but i hardly got time for traing to LD!
report back any succes!!

hmm well as for the age old debate at if u have a sd u need to be able to do telepathy, some people say that you need to be in delta waves. i disagree. yesterday i was talking to my mum about ld and sg and whats not and she tryed to me send me a thought. me must have looked rather stupid as she grabbed my head and put mine to hers, just for effect i think. anyway i just closed my eyes and i more felt than saw. i felt a bird an it was moving maybe a raven bigish bird anyway. it became clearer and i started to seea little river, with a lot of trees, the bird swooped down and than flew low and it stopped. i told my mum what i saw and it was dead on bar the type of bird, i am not a very good bird person so i dont know names very well :smile: but hey it worked

Richard

im kinda on a 45/55% wether i believe in SD being possible or not. 45% being i do believe in it. theoretically i think its possible, but its just the fact that i never experienced a real SD or “real” telepathy. those 45% is made out of the facts that at least 1 time each week you say something exactly the same time as another (just starting a meaning) or youre just thinking of the same thing, without any reason. AND this happens more or less with different persons! that is for example with my brother it happens almost each minute during a conversation, kinda scary if you ask me. and other friends it just tend to happen more or less to. Could this really just be a “counsidense”? really, think about how often it happens!
But also in many cases it could be ex; you are walking home at night, very very long way with a friend and suddenly you both see a bird…i mean its not very strange that you both think and may say at the same time; it would be great if we could just fly home, without knowing you said it becouse you saw the bird.
but if telepathy is real it would just be natural if SD are as well…

and as of “there is no part in your head that does it” ok, i really dont think we know that much about our brains yet that even if we could do telepathy the sciense could know why…ofcourse many theories would be made, but as i stated before i believe all the new research we do nowadays dont have to be true, it just make sense now…when we still dont have so much experience and knowledge about it…

i have read some interesting things and i thought i would post them and an idea of mine sorta has come together from what i have read so here goes.

we dream inside our minds, (that much we think anyway.) but i belive that when asleep our brains connect with everyone elses that is sleeping and dreaming. now you see DC in your dream and you know they are SC but i have seen a few people with glazed eyes or acting very strange for that enviroment. it has lead me to belive that we all dream together but waht we see changes. say for example.

i am on a bus and i see a man. he looks at me he is old and dirty. that is my view and i tell him to take a bath.

his view on the other hand. he might be on a plane or a car or a train or a bus. a man walks up to him. consider the sourndings if he was on a plane lets say i am wearing a flight outfit. i am the poilt. i say to him " take a bath" than the dream takes over and say somthign else" because we want you to be clean b 4 we all die" and the plane starts to dive towards the ground.

i think we all dream together but i think our minds put cover over the images. why? i am unsure. but inside a lucid dream it is diffrent we have lets say a lucid view. inside this veiw it is possibe to see waht is real nd waht is made up by our mind. i have in a few lucid dreams noticed diffrences in the way people move talk and stuff that doesnt seem to be normal. i have also felt some people are diffrent to others, they just feel diffrent to my mind.

does anyone agree with this, or anyone even understand waht i am goi ng on about???

cheers

Richard