the BIG Spirit Guide topic III

Actually I didn’t even think of that until JUST NOW. (honestly)

(You couldn’t expect me to not post that link after mentioning it, did you? ^^)

SG aren’t really that nice, I have never met mine! Once I used a whole LD just on shouting “Spirit Guide”, “I need guidance” and similar phrases. No one showed up, I began to lose faith in this so-called SG, but could just been like because of it was a low-level LD?

I’ve heard this several times on this forum, but I’m not quite sure on what to believe; Does your SG show itself for you when you are ready, even though when you think you are, you’re really not?

I think your SG shows up when it feels like it/feels you may need it for some reason(the day before you need it that is).

Instead of asking for your SG to appear ask something/someone else in your dream to “Take me to my spirit guide” or something along those lines (took me three tries of rephrasing the question before it worked). BUT, It eventually did work for me, might as well try it, eh? Happy dreaming! :cool:

Has anyone else had this dilemma? You believe in one SG, only to find out he wasn’t your real SG, and was just fooling you under orders of the real one? It happened to me, and you can read about it in my DJ, but has it happened to anyone else? And if so, how long did the trick last?

I don’t know if my SG’s tricking me. He is a trickster but I don’t think he’d do something like that. He makes me lucid… Often cause he wants sex. :tongue:

It’s really nice though. He was my favorite DC and it’s nice to know he’s my SG.

I suppose that if a DC teaches you something and give you good advices about dreaming or about your real life, you can consider him as a SG. If he doesn’t, it’s just a stupid DC. And as there is no science called spiritguidology, I’m afraid nobody knows how many time the trick lasts. :neutral:

I see… maybe i shoulda known though… then again, probably not…

new topic/post moved from Stuff of Dreams and merged into the Big Spirit guide topic
I had aother wierdo dream a couple of nights ago!

I was living in my local area, everything was the same, except for a big grassy mountain in to the north.

There was this massive tornado going around and tearing everything me and my family were all running for our lives, when i get seperated from them. (I don’t recall how)

Anyway, i meet this middle-aged guy with gray hair, not ugly, but not particulary handsome either…

So we’re driving away in a red car, it stops and i get out. The tornado comes out from behind the mountain, and i call to the man and a police woman that was there: ‘It’s coming this way!’

The woman says that it isn’t, then see’s that it is. She pushes a button and it starts to beep. I look round and the man, the car and my shoes are at the top of a steep mound of gravel. I try to climb up, but it’s too steep. The man throws my shoes down and i call out to him: ‘Come down and get me!’. He does, then the tornado hits us. I jump out of the sunroof, and grabbed hold of “half” the tornado, as it was made of two spinning wind tubes. The man grabs the other and bends it round to form a loop. I throw my half throught the loop and we both pull to make a knot. The knot get’s smaller and smaller, until it disappears. Me and the man go to the area around my house, to the local Tesco. But it is the wrong one. I start to cry, then we go to another Tesco, then to my house. I got to my garden, but my family isn’t there and i start to cry again. Then, i hear a beeping, the man picks up a radar, that says 39 m, 38 m, 37 m. I look through a hole in the fence and see my family walking towards me smiling. The man smiles and I run to my father and hug him. I look back and the man is gone.

Anyone think he could’ve been my Spirit guide?

on the topic of ancestors as spirit guides, a factoid that I read somewhere that stuck with me. normally I do not like repeating half-remembered information that I can’t verify, however this stick with me and I wanted to pass this on. please don’t confuse this with The Truth though.

anyway, apparently somebody did a survey of people who identify themselves as having more than one personality* and the majority of them said they had, as a personality, a deceased relative.

multiple personality theory, actually, could explain the origin of SG’s. not saying it does, saying it could.

actually, if you take the materialist stance that dreams occur in our heads and not on the astral or the equivalent I do not think that you can get around the thought that we have a personality that “authors” our dreams even though it doesn’t often seem to co-operate with us even if we go lucid.

• – which everyone does, to a degree, IMHO

My spirit guide is a cat, but I haven’t talked to him/her yet. Twice, I managed to get them to appear, but both times the dream faded right afterwards.

I asked my spirit guide to show him/herself so many times. I would feel someone standing next to me…I can sense them, but I never really saw their face. I was in a room where I asked everyone to point to my guide and the person ran out of the room so fast before I could catch them. I asked my angel to show themself and I saw I spark of white light in front of me. One person who came to me a few times when I called him was Freddie Mercury, yes you read right. He gave me a hug and I think he kissed my head. So Yeah I guess guides show themselves when they are ready or they feel you are ready.

My dream guide’s sneaky. And short. And Asian. No offense to her.

I found out she was my guide simply by asking her to appear. She walked out of a door near me, and when I asked if she was my dream guide, she smiled and nodded.

Interesting how she’s been leaving hints behind; the night before I had tons of FA’s, she was in my room and told me sometimes it takes a while to wake up…

I’m sad 'cause she never told me her name… Every time I ask, she either just smiles at me, or I end up waking up… I guess I’m not ready to know her name…?

My SG is a cyborg.
I’ve only seen him twice, atleast that I know of. The first when I was lucid, I called for him. He appeared as a normal man, dark, long, wavy hair, kinda tall, white. Then suddenly he raised a robotic armor. It’s hard to explain, but I know he has the armor built into him. The only other time I saw him was in a normal dream, I didn’t recognize him though, atleast not from his human form. I only recognized it was him after I woke up. I’m still trying to meet him agian, so I can ask his name.
Maybe tonight I’ll get lucky :tongue:

To answer Shem’s question: It may just have well been your SG.

I myself have yet to meet mine. Like peace81, I can feel someone’s presence, hear their words and sense their emotions but when it’s time to turn and look I physically can’t.

But I am a firm believer that when it’s time and we’re ready we meet them.

So like, can one choose his/her own spirit guide?

or is it like, preset?

I think you can kind of decide how (s)he looks because (s)he’s part of your SC, but I’m not sure. I like a suprise anyway. And him being a cyborg was a good suprise :tongue:

This morning, I finaly met with my SG again. I found out his name is Alexander (my middle name). So I shall call him Xander!

I would love to meet my Spirit Guide , it would be neat to see how he look and his character.

The closest I got to meeted him was trying to meet it in a LD but he didnt show up.

Merged with the Big Spirit Guide topic :wiske:

I got a question.

Its sort of about spirit guides.

How can you trust what you have summoned is actually a spirit guide and not just something that your expecting to see. In a LD if you expect to see something you will. So how can you be sure that the spirit guide is not just what you want it to look like and it says what you want it to say.

What are some good things to ask the SG to prove its validity?

But even then, how can you be sure the answers arent just what your expecting/wanting to hear?

How can you meet your real spirit guide? I always thought that a spirit guide would perhaps randomly come to you in a dream and become a reoccuring DC. If you try and summon it in a LD, how can you be sure its not just an ordinary DC?

I’m just curious because I would really like to meet an SG but I dont believe I would find my true spirit guide just by trying to summon it. I believe I would just find something I am expecting to see.

How can you be sure that any spirit guide is real?

one “identification” is that you cannot alter your REAL spirit guides

or at least, that’s what a frient has told me, he said that he has had a lucid dream once, he could change everything except this one dark-ish person