The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part II

A lucid dream is simply being aware of being in a dream. There are however different levels of lucidity. If you know you are dreaming, but still dont think normally"not fully conscious", then it would probably be a low level dream.
A high level one is where you are fully conscious and your thinking is logical like in waking life. You dont need to control the dream, but it is a very easy thing to do when you are lucid.

So my second dream I described was a Higher Level of Lucidity?
Beacause if that is so, I think it is very simple to gain a LD and I’m sure that LD’s are more fun then common dreams. :smile:

Ok I have what I think was my 2nd LD but I don’t know because I might just be dreaming about having an LD because these both didn’t feel like i had control. The dream was like, I can’t remember properly I just realised I was dreaming and I decided to spin around to enhance the effects, it worked once but the 2nd time everything went black and then it zoomed into like an address bar on a web browser or something ^_^’ and it said something it was like ‘keep dreaming’ or something. Anyway I don’t really know if this is a LD because I don’t think it counts.

Why do you think it doesn’t count?
The only thing that a LD has to be is realizing you’re dreaming. You don’t have to have any control at all. You have an LD when you’re realizing you’re dreaming. And because you said “I just realised I was dreaming” I would say it is an LD.

Hi Rosstein!
From what you described, it’s impossible to know what level of lucidity was your 2nd dream. In a low lucidity level dream, you just know you’re lucid and your feel you’re present in the dream. You generally follow the flow of the dream scenario. In a high lucidity level dream, your consciousness is quite the same than IRL, with good dream and waking life memory; you’re able to reason rather well, without strange dream logic, and you know what being in a dream implies, for instance the ability to modify dream events, so that your free-will is generally high.

BloodE: it was a lucid dream IMO, as it seems you knew it was a dream. Being lucid doesn’t necessarily imply that you can easily control the dream nor that its vividness and realism are good. Apparently, your lucidity was very low and the dream was not very vivid because it was on the verge of disappearing.

Yeah, but I didn’t know anything about LD’s when I was that age.
I’ve just heard of them 2 days ago from my bro.
So I was wondering if I could have a higher lucidity on my younger age, because if that is so (like I replyed before) I think it’s easier for me to have LD’s. And I would totally like that :happy:

I think I had a LD a couple of weeks ago, but it may have been a FLD. If it was the real thing, my level of lucidity wasn’t high at all. I was standing in some grassy field and I looked around a little bit, but I felt very “detached” from the whole thing, like I was watching through someone else’s eyes or something.

Hi Master Inferno! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

It doesn’t look like a lucid dream or a false lucid dream. In a lucid dream, you know you’re dreaming. In a FLD, you don’t know it but you act like a LD’er (for instance not fearing monsters, flying through walls) either because you have experienced LD’s before or because you’ve read things about LD’s.

Some dreams are seen from a 3rd person perspective. Some are conscious and you feel you are more “present” in them, without really knowing they are dreams. It was perhaps your case.

I think I had a lucid dream a couple hours ago! Last night was very stressful, I couldn’t sleep for 4 hours… eventually I did fall asleep and then woke up around 9 am. I lay in my bed and thought about bicycling for some reason. Then that thought morphed into a dream and yes, I was bicycling! Other stuff happened too and I think I was a little lucid through the whole dream but was maybe afraid to do anything about it.

Then in the end I went into an elevator and saw a mirror. I looked at my face and I had this very clear feeling of lucidity, though right after that the dream sort of started to fade. I realised that I could do anything and had the crazy idea to take off my clothes and go running around in the middle of Finland’s capital town. There would be no consequenses! It felt like the best idea ever :smiley: But then as I was unbuttoning my shirt (hahaha), the dream slowly disappeared and everything went black.

Oh, and in addition to the stressful part of my night, I read this forum before I went to bed :slight_smile: I am very happy that I can do this too. I was almost losing hope!

Congrats valkyr,
It sound as a LD to me :content:

:lol:

That thought made me feel very excited as I realised how much fun and freedom lucid dreams could be. :smile: But I think that the feeling of excitement made me lose the dream and lucidity… so that may be in the way of my lucid dreaming. I’m sure there are tips here for getting over that so I will check out more topics! I am very glad that I came here, there’s so much support and information! (okay, just a newbie rambling on… no more to see here)

Hi valkyr! :smile:
When you lose the visuals and the dream begins to fade, you can rub your hands. And congrats on your first LD! :good:

I tried LD’ing for several weeks one time, but it never really worked… Yesterday when I was waking up, I think I may have had a lucid dream, but I’m definitely not certain.

The time was about 1pm, I’d been sleeping for probably 9-10 hours… My sister, her boyfriend and his kitty had gotten here for a little birthday party we were throwing for our mom. I heard them, and what I was dreaming (which consequently, I could remember what the dream was about until a few hours ago) seemed to go on pause… I felt like I kept listening to them while the dream was on hold, suddenly the dream started ‘playing’ again and I woke up… o.O LD?

Hmmm, but did you really realize you were dreaming while this happened? This is what a dream makes an LD, and I don’t really recognize this in your report.

To be completely honest, not certainly. But it felt like it…

Tonight I ahd a dream which i remembered long back one of the longest ever btw.
It was me in a kind of real life drama.
Boy meets girl, boy does mistake , boy is forgiven and it ends well :wink: .
When she laid her hands on my shoulders i realised that i was dreaming .
No RCs or anything just , Im dreaming !. After that I both could imagine my dream bdy and feel like that and felt my body IRL . I tried to rub my hands , but it didnt work , i didnt feel the warmth of the rubbing :wallhit: Can i call that a lucid dream ? Should i have tried the mental screaming ? I didnt think of it though :clown:

That definetely sounds like an LD to me. I asked the same question about a dream i had recently and many people here confirmed it as an LD even though it was quite vague and i didnt have much control.

I couldnt even feel my DB that well- so it sounds like you had a higher level of lucidity than me.
Keep working at it!

I couldnt exactly feel my dreambody , remember i didnt noticing rubbing my hands though i did.
And i felt my IRL body too.
But I knew that my dreambody were there , just felt in a way
(not wery fysical).

Thats exaclty how my first LD looked like! No RC and i felt my IRL body too! I think it was an LD, and i think an low-lucid (like my first)

:partying_face: My first LD! :partying_face:

Just thought i had a very strange wakening :confused:pinning:

But i couldnt do anything , or wait rubbing my hands but i didnT feel the warmth ! :sad: