The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part II

You were totally lucid, you lucky git. Yep, that sort of thing is the usual level of lucidity (apparently) and could you clarify on “does it interfere with anyone’s reality?”?

Like does anyone ever get confused between High Lucidity and Real life and can it cause mental stress?

If they think they are having a dream while in fact they are awake, it can be pretty embarassing and/or painful etc. If they think a lucid dream is real life, they aren’t lucid :smile:

Can Lucid Dreaming confuse your mind on reality is more of my question.

Not unless you have no grip at all on reality.

Quick- is this a dream?! :razz:

Do you mean, “can Lucid Dreaming cause you to hallucinate while awake?”?

I cannot remember there being a recorded instance of this happening, but it is always a possibility if you are mentally unstable like that.

:cry: It isn’t!!! hey man my question makes sense!!! Well at least everything does when ur stoned :eek:

May I suggest you ask again when you are a little less stoned then. :razz:

I don’t think so, unless you have already psychotic troubles.

I’ve had a few dreams where I had near 100% control and did everything I would do in a LD.

But I never did a RC and “became” lucid, but I did things that I would normally do in Lucid Dreams.

If you didn’t know you were dreaming, then it was an ND :smile:.

You can have 100% control and not be lucid. Lucidity and control are not related. And about dreams in which you do lucid-like stuff, but you aren’t lucid, they are called FLD (false lucid dreams).

You mean, do not need to be related. To me, lucidity means often control, whereas ND often means no control.

Merged into the BIG “Was this a LD?” topic

a few nights ago i ws having a dream about zombies i think, or there where some kind of angry people trying to get in a building where me and some other people where, anyways i remember the fight got pretty intense and i thought “you can jsut wake up at any time if it gets too bad” then i thought 'no i want to stay here for a while and fight" so then i looked at my hands and spun around to bring myself back, just like oyu would do if you where trying to stay lucid, the wierd thing is i never became aware i was dreaming… i knew that i could wake up, but it never really came to me that i was dreaming, is this a sign i was close to being lucid?

Yes, that is one of the first signs. FAs are another. Keep your getting closer. Congrats!!

yeah thats very close

in fact i would say you were partly lucid…

yeah, i’ve had quite a few FLD’s (along with a couple LD’S :grin:. It seems like my mind almost always makes up a somewhat “logical” reason for all the weird stuff if I question what just happaned in the FLD (even though the reasons don’t really logically make sense…). Stuff like, me flying through the air, and then my “logic” (or ermm… should I say lack of logic) would blame it on a gust of wind.

I am not sure if i had a LD or a FLD but either way I suppose it was just as fun

I believe I had a Lucid Dream already when I was very young.
I was like 4-6 years old, can’t remember exactly.

However, I was dreaming and suddenly I jumped in the water and realised that I could breathe under water and I sad to myself: “He, this is just a dream…”
Then I woke up. Now have I readed that that is normally when you’re not “trained” to stay aware of your dream.
But that’s not all. Also once, when I was 10 I was totally crazy about a girl and in one of my dreams I stand next to her and I wanted to kiss her. And before I knew it, I was kissing her lips off. But also after that I woked up.

Now I’m wondering if all these dreams are LD’s or just dreams were I know I’m dreaming…

A reasing that I’m thinking this is because I read on ld4all.com/index.html#frames that to make a LD more easy to gain is to focuse on things you see and zoom in on it. From were I can remember I did that always, because I could sleep easier. And also I once asked my brother: “What did you dream tonight?” and he answered: “I alsmost never dream…”.
What I thought was very weird because I ALWAYS know what I dreamed of last night. And that is also a thing that makes it easier to have a LD…

So to make a long story short:

“Do I often have a LD or is it just a dream that I have the awareness of a dream but I can’t control the dream?”

That first one certainly sounds like a lucid dream to me. It is lucid as long as you know it is a dream. I wonder how common it is for children to have lucid dreams? I used to have them at that age, too.

Welcome, btw! :cool: