The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part V

Another confusing thing…

I had a lucid… Daydream?

I was lying awake in my bed at 6:00am. I could hear my ceiling fan click. I sort of dozed off until I entered a lucid dream, but I could still hear my ceiling fan! It was not just an imagination thing, this was exactly like a dream. I couldn’t wake up, but I could hear what was going on around me. Was this a dream?

Something very strange happened last night. I laid down at about 10:00pm and watched TV until about 10:30 and then shut it off and tried to fall asleep. I decided I was going to try to MILD and then do WBTB 5 hours later and WILD. I was having a lot of trouble getting comfortable and relaxing, and I just couldn’t fall asleep. At about 11:15 I went into the bed in the room next to mine and tried to fall asleep there (the room is darker). I kept MILDing a bit, but now I was just mostly concerned with falling asleep in time to get enough sleep. (I have to wake up at 6:15) So I finally fell asleep around 11:50, and then I had the dream. I was lucid in the dream, but I didn’t really “feel” lucid. I consciously made decisions in the dream, but I’m not sure if I myself was actually conscious. In the dream, I woke up in the first bed i tried to fall asleep in and went downstairs to go outside and check out the sky, but everything was really dark and blurry. I remember trying to spin in the dream or shout clarity to improve things, but it didn’t work. The dream only lasted about 2 minutes, then I woke up. It seemed like I had slept a lot longer. When I woke up, it was only 12:01 ! I’m confused at whether this was a lucid dream, because it was so early into sleep and it didn’t really feel like I was all there. I’m not even sure if it’s possible to have a dream so early into sleep, so maybe it was a daydream or something like that? If it WAS an LD, it must’ve been a really weak one.

P.S. I’ve never had an LD before besides once when I was a small child, so maybe that was one and I’m just not familiar with the feeling.

It is possible to dream as soon as you fall asleep. The only way to tell if you were really lucid or not is to decide if you knew you were dreaming while in the dream … or were you just going through the motions as if it was a LD?

I suppose I was lucid then, because I knew I was dreaming in the dream. It must’ve just been really weak, which is very likely since I was having a bad night and was sort of stressed about having to get up so early. I wish it had lasted longer. =(

Oh well, at least it’s a step forward! =D

Last night, I had a VERY strange dream. Maybe it was a LD… but I’m not sure.

I had a dream that if I jumped and tried to fly, I would turn into a dragon. So I tried and I flew and turned into a dragon. Then some strange setting shift happened and I was at my old social studies room. I Somewhere along the way I knew that I was dreaming. I asked my mom (whath the heck was she doing here? but I wasn’t lucid enough to be like wth?) where my wings were (I couldn’t feel them that well) and then I felt them and noticed they were made of material you would find on a sports bag. I didn’t notice that was weird and tried to make them more effective by creating a piece of fabric on it. It. I knew I could make the fabric cause I was lucid enough to know. The setting shifted again and I waas at a pool party. (I didn’t think these shifts were strange either) I kept trying to jump off the side of the pool railings and fly, but I couldn’t flap my wings fast enough and my wings were doing barely anything. So then I shifted again and I was in a hallway and said to myself. “This is an awesome dream. I hope I don’t wake up.” Then I tried out my Lucid-ish powers and said, “I have a tail now.” I grew a tail and THE END.

Any thoughts?

you answered your own question …
“I sort of dozed off until I entered a lucid dream … I couldn’t wake up, but I could hear what was going on around me.”
It was a LD. External sounds can make their way into dreams :yes:

if you consciously knew you were dreaming while in the dream it was a LD. Lucid dreams vary from low level to high level LDs. Infact a LD can go up and down in lucidity during the dream.

About a couple of months ago I had a ND that I was doing every trick in the book to stay lucid (even though I wasn’t really lucid), I looked in mirrors to see a ‘scratched’ blurry, black and bache reflection. I flew.

That must have been pretty close to lucidity, I remember kissing a woman randomly (she didn’t punch me! She merely looked suprised) and I remember it feeling real, I could feel her face as I kissed her. This must have been a sign or something. I was doing everything I had been reading about (lucid dreaming wise).

But I didn’t have any LD s after that.

That exact same thing happened to me a few nights ago! I tried WILD , when I got to the numbness and HI i just lost focus and woke up. Then I went to bed at 11:50 and had this insainly long dream. Then I woke up at 12:05! I wasn’t sure if I was lucid or in RL . I had to do a few RC 's. I like DILD way better anyways now

and this quote by moogle:

So when you here a song that is on your alarm in your dream that is really happeing in RL do you sortof become lucid and then wake up? (this happened to me a few times before I knew what LD 's were.

I’ve been trying WILD for a long time but with no results.

LONG LIVE VILD!

Hi all!

This happend last night. I set the alarm on the third rem period, ready to wake up and practise MILD. I woke up and I did MILD. This was my dream basically:

I was in my bed and I fell asleep. I have this dream (I mean, I had a dream inside my own dream): I wake up and go to the kitchen. I note very strange the environment. I suspect that I’m inside a dream. I read my card for reality-test and I realize that I’m dreaming, because the letters are moving. I say “I did it!, I’m dreaming. Wow shit! This is like real life!!”. I tried to fly with a jump. I start to go up slowly, and when I’m close to the roof, I wake up. I mean, I wake up in real life.

What was this? It’s possible that was a lucid dream because I remeber the moment when I said that the dream is like real life: I was conscious, I was there. But, maybe it was a normal dream, because:

1- In three weeks, I never did a relality test in my dreams.

2- The last week I had a lucid dream inside a dream: but I don’t remeber very well that time.

3- It’s very strange that I woke up and instantly I suspected that I was in a dream.

What do you think? It’s possible to have a mechanic lucid dream inside a normal dream?

Thanks in advance!!

PD: I hope you guys understand this post, I’m still learning english :smile:.

EDIT: Sorry people, I didn’t see the “The BIG “Was this a LD?” topic - Part V”

no problem … I moved it into the sticky topic :smile: :moogle:

well, the definition of a lucid dream is that you know that you are dreaming while in the dream.
it is also possible to go through the motions of being in a LD with LD powers but you aren’t really aware that it is a dream :meh:

this makes me think it was a LD

Thanks moogle for your answer. After think about it I have the theory that I was lucid, but only for a seconds, when I did the reality test. Then I lost lucidity. In my dream, after the reality test, and before jumping for fly, I went to my mother’s bedroom. I wanted to tell her that I finally get lucid, but I had lost my voice.
And that scared me.

If I really was lucid in my dream, Why lost my precious dream time searching my mother?¡¡!! I would never do that: I would travel to the roman empire, or maybe have a private party with all the playboys girls… hehe :wink:.
And lost my voice will not scared me.

Do you think that I’m getting closer?

I think this was a lucid dream:
I suddenly find out I was dreaming and then try to make someone blow up. I can’t seem to get it to work so I realize that it isn’t a dream(even though it was) and go along with it so I wouldn’t get too embarrased.

Well… you DID realize you were dreaming. so I guess that was either a FLD or a low-lucidity LD… but don’t ask me :meh:

It’s a good question.

Personally, when I get confused and don’t believe it as a dream, I do not consider it as a LD, at least not a full LD if you prefer.

But many times, in dreams that I do consider LDs, I don’t tell DC they are just my characters, most times I try to hide that I’m aware of it, since while hiding it is easier to get longer dreams, I got FAs a plenty of times after telling them they were just DCs…

Last night I dreamt a dream where I was outside with a friend, Suddenly I said to my self “I´m dreaming”. But it didn´t really feel like it was a lucid dream. It didn´t felt like I could do whatever I wanted to. When I was trying to fly home from my grandma, which is about 5 miles from home, I could just jump pretty high and I couldn´t get home becouse it was to far. Why? Shouldn´t I be able to do whatever I want?

When I woke up, I remebered a lot more than I use to do. I seldom remember my dreams, which is not funny :sad:

Was it a lucid dream?

when you said “I’m dreaming” … did you really know it or was it just a vague thought with no real knowledge behind it?

Lucid dreaming is just being actually aware that you are dreaming … then depending on the level of lucidity … you may just follow the dream plot with this awareness or actually alter the dream in various ways. Being lucid doesn’t automatically mean that you can immediately do whatever you want.

BTW LDs are easier to remember :smile: than NDs

I’ve never dreamt a dream like that before so it wasn’t just a normal dream.

Before I went to bad last night, I read a bit on this website, so maybe I got the lucid dreaming in my mind.

I know what you mean canucks, I had one like that once. I flew too. But I knew for sure it wasn’t a lucid dream, although it was very vivid and I remembered every single little detail. It was an awesome ND, though.

And when I had that dream I was spending every available minute reading about lucid dreaming. and I asked my friend to remind me I was dreaming, like what I had read… but it was the closest I’d ever got to having an LD.

Hey guys, I was wondering,
about 1 year ago, I hade dreamt several times of
a gigantic place just like a safari,
the only probleme is that I was unaware when I had this dream.
Yet the place was “magic” and I felt great happiness in it.
Was this a LD ? or just a normal dream ?
( I wasn’t conscious BUT it felt so real, and it looked like a LD
because when I read your LD’s, they just look like that one (safari) )
THX.