The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VII

It’s hard for us to say, because you’re the one that had the dream. My question to you is, did you remember being conscious? Did you have a moment of realization? And what did you do after you said, ‘sweet’? If you continued on the dream, then it was most likely a FLD.
Don’t worry, you’re getting closer to lucidity! :tongue:

Even the simple act of asking if you are dreaming shows that you were more aware of your circumstance than a ND. That combined with your dream character’s admittance of it being a dream shows that you (maybe only subconsciously) knew that you were dreaming. But whether or not you ‘realized’ this is something only you can know for sure.

You realised you were dreaming AND interacted with it, so yes. Congratulations.

I recently had my first experience with lucid dreaming, but now i question whether it was real or not. It started with me making the realization that I saw two instances of my cat simultaneously, and that that was absolutely impossible if it wasn’t a dream. My first reason for doubting the validity of the lucid dream is that it wasn’t a smooth transition or just something clicking and registering that it was in fact a dream, when I made the realization I felt a strong feeling inundate me, it was sort of a pressure or shocking I can’t even describe, as well as a feeling that i would describe as wavering in and out of the dream, the pressure did subside eventually but I had never heard or read anything describing it and that caused me to question if i was actually lucid or not when I looked back on it. The second thing I found off was that I seemingly had no actual power over the dream, while I felt I was controlling myself and acting on my own will I had no influence whatsoever on the dream itself. I’ve read of all these amazing things people have done in their lucid dreams yet I couldn’t do more then I could do, I couldn’t create anything, I couldn’t change the environment (I tried all the methods I could recall, from spinning, to closing my eyes and envisioning the place, to envisioning the place behind a door that already exists in the environment. This truly saddened me as one of the biggest things I had been looking forward to doing in my lucid dreams was going to Equestria.), I couldn’t even change anything about my self. Was this actually a lucid dream and I merely couldn’t figure out how to control it (if so I would love some advice on doing just that) or was it a simulated (I guess that would be the correct word) lucid dream caused by my want to lucid dream?

On a somewhat related note, if this was indeed a valid lucid dream Then I would like to pose a query about mirrors. I have read that looking into a mirror tends to show a person differing from the person having the dream, sometimes even stating that that is how they see themselves, but is it strange at all to see a figure of the opposite gender (spare for some anatomical similarities I became aware of due to becoming overcome by a perverse curiosity) that I recognized in my mind simply as myself?

Precisely because of this feeling you described I would say that this was definitely a LD! I call it the “realization shock”, it’s an awesome feeling which I just love! So congrats on your first LD! :clap:
As to the lack of dream control, don’t worry about this. You did very well in your first LD (you didn’t wake up immediately which happens often because of the excitement) and your control will come with more experience. There are also some guides and tutorials about dream control in the Knowledge Base. :smile: Just don’t get disappointed or impatient, it might take some time, but you could be able to do whatever you want as well in your next LD!

I can’t say much concerning the mirror thing as the few times I looked in a mirror the mirror image was always normal, but what we think, do and say in our dreams (even in the LD’s) can be quite strange from time to time. :wink: Not to mention that dreams themselves are mostly weird…

i was with my friend H and i did a rc so the view became green. twice :panic: than i was like this is a dream but not fully aware of whats happening to me .than i have found a mini truck and i jumped on it and i almost fell.

jump

the next thing i remeber is hiting a guy in the face than i ran super fast and i said to my self i can hit them all with my fist :confused: to find my self enfront of a realy big hole and near me there was a castle than automatcly i jumped in the hole .
within the hole there where people shoting at me than i wake up.
its a very weird dream but id like to know if it was lucid
forgive me for the bad english

@ghanemhaithem
yeah, seems like a low-lucidity dream to me, at least the beginning.

Two posts merged from a new topic and @ghanemhaithem added to make clear who was being spoken to. The topic was a duplicate of the post made here by ghanemhaithem, so has been merged in this way. :dragon:

@ghanemhaithem
Probably a low-awareness dream. First LD’s are usually like that… Later, they get a lot better.

This is a split topic, the next part is here. :dragon: