The BIG WBTB topic, part III

Great, thanks! So I guess that means it’d be best for me to try and keep my eyes open for awhile, but not move my body, right?

You can move your body around. I don’t remember I heard it (it’s somewhere on LD4all I think) and they said that you could take a shower. :smile:

Anyways, I want to rephrase my question. If you wake up in the middle of a dream and try WBTB, will it work? :eh:

I am usually pretty much able to go back into the dream easily, but lucidity is another issue :meh:

Another note I’d like to add is that this will be right when I was about to fall asleep again.

Like today I woke up, and of course rolled over, but in the middle of the roll over I realized what I was doing and got up to do WBTB, but couldn’t fall asleep again.

Well, my WBTBs are usually only a few minutes, but it worked well enough this morning. So I guess, sure.

Hi! I’m new here, but I’ve been reading the guide for a while, in my quest to achieve lucidity.
I’ve made a habit of doing reality checks and keeping a dream journal, and so far I’ve tried WILD only, but only achieved seconds of lucidity. (after doing a successful RC in my dream, I’ve always woken up out of excitement)

After trying for months with WILD, I decided to give WBTB a shot. So I set the alarm in the middle of the night, did some meditation before going to sleep.
When the alarm rang I went up, sat down at the computer and read about WBTB for about 20 minutes. Then I went back to bed, and instantly started dreaming. I was down by the water in my home town. I remember thinking “I must be lucid now”, so I took a big leap and started flying over the water. What a feeling! I was so excited, but I still managed to stay lucid for several minutes. I found an island where I landed, but sadly that’s where I lost lucidity and started dreaming normally.
I woke up like 3 hours later and I was still excited. I consider this my first real LD!

Just a question: Should I set the alarm later, to avoid more dreaming after my LD experience is over? I did remember a lot, but not everything.

It’s easiest to do WBTB after your first REM cycle (and that’s a good thing to figure out the time for, hint hint). Maybe before you fall asleep try some autosuggestion to remember all of your dreams.

Okay so I have been havign trouble with WBTB latley, I have tried using autosuggestion to wake up after my dreams but that has never worked for me, Lately I have not even been waking up to my alarm to do WBTB. I cant set my alarm very loud because I dont want to wake everyone in the house up, I would like to be able to just do autosuggestion so ive been trying autosuggestion and setting an alarm. Any suggestions on how to wake up?

I actually think just keep rubbing your hands and just keep lying down. If you feel you can move your real body keep lying down, don’t move. Because that’s the perfect opportunity to chain! You should take advantage of that, it happens to me a lot but I forget to chain. xD