the Big Webhosting Quest

24hostingnow has very quick reply, they replied within 15 minutes to my mail.
but they only do weekly backups as well (my question) so that’s a no for me.

moved this topic to the lounge…

found another webhost directory:
www.askwebhosting.com

hmm while a weekly backup may not be all that great, the chances of finding a server that has everything you want is slim.

Sometimes you will have to sacrifice things, worst case senario is you have to do manual backups daily.

yes there are things i can sacrifice, but daily backups isn’t one of them :neutral:

but i’m going to find the perfect hosting site for ld4all, i’m sure the one i want exists, i only haven’t found it yet :happy:

i decided to go with hostforweb :smile: :smile:

i’m now in the process of signing up with them. Hope they accept my credit card :grin:

Good choice: active since 2001, cheap, and they give what you need.

However I hope your CPanel will work because I just checked their demo and a screen appeared “License expired” :eek:

:shy: :eh: we will find out in about 60 minutes, then my account will be activated :happy:

i will announce in the news section when the forum will be unavailable due to the move and backups and stuff. First i have to install phpbb over there with all the mods and templates, when i have it running smoothly over there i will close the forum down, do a full backup and restore it on the new server. I keep y’all informed

i’m happy… where is that bouncey smiley? :bounce:

Ah, I’m happy for you. Congrats Q! :smile:

I’m still on the roller coaster. :sad: If you need my help or anything, please let me know… I’m willing to help!

Good luck! :bounce:

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams) :wiske:

:bounce:

setup in 45 minutes!
exellent!

have to wait for 2-3 days until the domain points to my new account

controlpanel works!

yippee

exellent customer support, live online chat, friendly and helpful… I had a question about the transfer of the domain and i could just open a chat with them.

DM7, brainhacker, if you decide to go with hostforweb, please mention “ld4allco” in the ‘how did you find us’/referal field and i will be forever grateful :cool:

now busy transferring files and installing a fresh forum, things like that.