The BIG WILD Topic - Part XIII

Right, and thats why you need to focus on something while doing WILD, or fall asleep extremely fast so you wont loose consciousness (like WBTB + WILD). This something can be anything you like to focus on, for example your breathing, counting, an image, etc.

Personally I try to move my physical body, and if Im dreaming, it will automatically be my dream body which is moving. This results in instant LD. If youre not yet dreaming, too bad, try again a bit later… :smile:

|ntern, dont panic! If you are at the point that you can visualise your room and change stuff, walk around in it and use some techniques like rubbing hands to stay in the dream.

daledelly, this seems to be a common problem. You kind of have to walk the fine line between being aware that you are entering the dream and the sudden jolt this might create. Try to be as relaxed as possible and more inportantly, keep practising! WILD isnt a skill mastered in a few weeks (perhaps only for the very skilled!).

I keep forgetting about lucid dreaming over and over. I intended on perfecting the WILD technique over this summer.

One question: When using the falling technique, should I try to fall feet first, or just imagine that my bed is nonexistent and fall on my back.

Also, should I just stay up late until I am very tired, and then WILD, or wake up early in the morning and then WILD? The latter doesn’t seem to “work” for me. I woke up this morning, by accident, at about 4:30. “Oh awesome, now I can WILD, I’m glad I wok…zzzzzzzzzzz” :cry:

Luckily, just from habit, I do seem to have an LD about 2-3 times a month anyhow. Even though I do not do RC’s regularly anymore, it seems to have stuck in my dreams.

few weeks ago i lived a short LD but is it caused by WILD or MILD im not sure maybe u guys can decide.
i was doing 1-im dreamin 2-im dreaming thing then i thing i fell asleep but im not sure but i wasnt counting , i was riding motorcycle and i thought to myself i had something to do but what? o yeah counting 3xx - im dreaming , wait i really am dreaming where am i?
i used to believe that this was wild but now im not sure

noanswer42, do what you feel would work best, and take your time to test out all the possibilities. As you say, using the summer to find the perfect technique seems like a good idea. If youre interested, the technique I prefer is posted here.

Hindi, that was still WILD. It happens that during WILD, you lose awareness for a short time that you intended to LD. However, if there is a big gap between the moment you lose awareness and the LD, its more like a DILD (I dont think theres concensus on how big a ¨WILD gap¨ can be…)

|ntern, are you doing it when going to sleep at night? I used to do that too but I’ve realise that it’s very hard to hold onto the dreamworld when going to sleep at night. I always snap out of it after a few seconds when I do it when going to sleep :sad: If you do it after sleeping for a few hours it’s much easier :cool_laugh: And the way you’ve been doing is also how I figured out how to WILD by “zooming” into HI during mornings. Those WILDs are always very vivid and I’m always extremely lucid :cool:

I need some personal help dealing with my hypnagogic (sp?) image. I Think my hypnagogic image is a bunch of scribbles on a piece of paper that goes from infinitely complicated to pritinely clean. Now how should I go about entering a lucid dream once i start seeing my hypnagogic image?

Last night I was using WILD, and I think I saw my hypnagogic imagery, and i kept counting down from ten, to try and become lucid, but right when i was about to enter my whole body started getting numb and incredibly tingly at every nerve ending, is this normal?

When you get HI you should just try to get it to stay for as long as possible, atleast that’s what I do. For me it took quite a while before I could get my HI to stay for any period of time and I usually just fell asleep right after getting the first HI of the night. The only advice I can really give is to keep trying to get HI and try to stay in it for as long as possible. After a while you will get a hang of how to stay in it and how to WILD from it.

That tingling is sleep paralysis and it’s completely normal go get it. And you can also use that to WILD from :cool_laugh: And as usual, it works best in the morning after sleeping for a few hours.

the feeling of sleep paralysis is, amazing, it indescribable, i could feel my heart rate peak and i felt so scared.

how do you stay in the HI? just by concentrating on it?

I’m not exactly sure how I do it :neutral:

i dont know how you can do wild’s
as i fall asleep i say over and over in my mind “i know im dreaming” or something similar…but as i fall asleep my mind drifts and the only way to stop it is to relize whats happaning…but of course that wakes you up again

hey xetrov, Ive had about three WILDs and I just wanted to dissagree with your theory of RCs because when I WILD I am concious throughout the entire thing… therefore why would I even need to do a RC? As soon as i enter the dreamworld I know where I am, how I got there, and what to do. Maybe its just me but who knows, just wonderin :grin:

Hi Nelska.

WILD is a very personal thing! So what counts for you does not need to hold true for someone else. You become conscious very easy it seems (thats good ofcourse!), but some people have a hard time doing so. Myself, I do it the same as you, I hardly ever use RC’s (certainly not when I WILD).

Hi Nelska,
I agree with Xetrov. You are able to stay conscious during the whole WILD process and that’s very great. But some WILD’ers can’t. They begin to slightly loose consciousness during the HI stage and regain it a few seconds later when a dream begins. These people generally have to use a RC to fully realize they’re dreaming.

ok last night i was thinking to myself and as usual i was thinking about people talking, my cat jumped on me but when i kind got into the normal world it was like an actual sound had stopped rather that just something in my head, very weird was this WILD coming on or just me having vivid thoughts

Hey, I am quite new here, and I have read about WILD, and some of the RC’s, however, if anyone could give me a good example of their WILD, so i may try it! THANKS! :smile:

Hmm doesn’t sound like an upcoming WILD to me. I’d say they were indeed some vivid thoughts/hallucinations, and it may have seemed so vivid because you were probably on the verge of sleep, where you get more theta brainwaves. This type of brainwaves is particularly known for its hypnagogic hallucinations and other vividly real effects. Furthermore, although HH are often experienced during WILD practice, it’s unlikely you can experience WILDs directly after falling asleep in the evening. This is because it generally takes about 90 minutes before you enter the first, short REM dream cycle. If you practice WILD, it’s best to do it when the boundary between waking and dreaming is thinnest, and that is after at least 6 hours of sleep. Then you might be able to get into WILD pretty quickly (if you’re lucky).

Welcome to LD4all, Scream! :happy:

I can’t recall any recent WILD… but I suggest you browse a little through this WILD topic, or through the dream diaries. One remark though… WILD is a pretty advanced technique and can be really difficult to achieve if you’re just beginning LD practice. RCs, MILD and WBTB are easier methods and are usually recommended to start with. Still, you might be lucky ofcourse and perhaps you have a talent for WILD :grin:

Good luck! :smile: