The Chroniclers

Welcome!

We have reached 20 MEMBERS!

Great. What we need now is some organization. I doubt anything is going to happen if we don’t have some sort of plan. We need to try syncing REM cycles, or at least divide it down to different time-zone groups.

central time

GMT - 5 hours here.

First things first is to create a picture or 3-D map of sky island so that we have a good picture of where we need to be. Someone else should work on coordinating timezones so that we can see when everyone else is asleep, but not necessarily REM cycles (because they dont always work they way they should in my experience).

And then we should start talking about how to effectively finding one another, maybe even think about pairing people on similar sleep schedules to first develop the shared dreamingness stuff and then work towards getting more people.

Another GMTer here. I am very interested in joining this experiment. :smile:

Well, I can’t draw it well, but I’ll try with MS paint in my next post here. Maybe someone could improve upon it.

Welcome! You have been added.

Cool take your time. I have Photoshop and would love to work on designing it, but I need to finish up school this month so I wouldn’t be able to start until June…meaning we would have to wait a while. Hopefully you and some other people will be able to work on it in the meantime.

Here it is. Sorry for the massive amounts of suckage in this pic, but it is very rough. It could be improved upon

Green: Greenery
Dark Green: Forest

Brown/Tan:Mountians/desert

Blue: River and waterfalls (There are several, this is just one.)

Chroniclers landing area is seen here.
https://www.freewebs.com/shatterspike1/Images/SIS.bmp

Sky Island is in the sky right? So you can get there by flying?

Hmm…I think I can draw this…I’ll try.

Yes, Sky Island is in the sky. I saw it once, the bottom was sorrounded by a slightly darker cloud. But it was still a puffy cloud. :colgate:

Please, post your drawings of Sky Island. (Can’t be much worse than mine…)

Well, here’s my “drawing” (Work in progress, textures still to be done, Mountains will end up rougher and less shiny in the finished product, etc.) I did deviate from the original plan a bit. (or rather a lot)
First, two establishing shots:

This is where the buildings, etc will go (hope you like postmodernism):

This is the view of the mountains from the platform:

Keep in mind that I am a complete amateur at Blender; I will do my best to make it non-crap.

:smile:

EDIT: Now with mess hall, (as shatterspike1 put it, I call it a five-star restaurant with all-you-can-eat buffet.)

Oddly, I’m having trouble keeping the scale right :tongue:
I either make the buildings too big, the trees too small or the mountains too short, or wide…

Maybe I’ll just use a bigger paper :razz:

Mmmm… Ribs.

I would eat at that mess hall. But what is the thing with the spire looking thing?

Those look pretty good so far donoteat! They are much better than what I would be doing with photoshop, thats for sure.

Nice island, big mountains. But we can fly ^^

I’ll join.

Of course, I implied over IRC that I wanted to modify the
island, but I cannot do such. So, I would much rather create
my own island off the shoal – with an exchange bridge.
Asema’s Kick-Ass bridge.

The following is included:

-Drilling for mana.
-Ninjas.
-Pirates.
-Zombies.
-Robots.

If that is acceptable for shatter, then I will create said island.

Create said island off shore, but please, don’t ignore the other chroniclers.

New edits to the first post.

This?

It’s there to keep the platform up. The things radiating out are cables. It’s like a cable-stayed bridge, only it’s cantilevered out over nothing.

(I know, it’s a dream, it doesn’t need support. But I think it looks better this way.)