The Chroniclers

Well, yeah that thing. I always thought that the landing zone was on island, with buildings scattered around.

idea

sky island is sweet tits

so what if there were a bunch of seperate personal islands floating around it? eh?

or would taht start getting too complicated?

I don’t like the idea of personal islands. We all have our dreamscapes, why not just let Sky Island travel through them? If we all have our own islands with our own stuff, that seems to negate the main purpose of SDing: interaction.

I feel like I shouldn’t be posting here :peek: but now you have got the basic idea of sky island wouldn’t it be better to allow it to evolve in your dreams? and concentrate on the meeting up with fellow chroniclers more than trying to control the location?

Before it can evolve in dreams, we need a concrete picture of it IRL. I am trying to build this model so everyone can go there with a clear idea of where they are going. (I also have too much spare time.)

I think, that as well as what shatterspike1 has proposed for the island, we should have the following:

-The hall of dreams, contains large televisions inscribed with member’s names, showing their dreams, with telephones next to them so one can easily contact them, as well as one TV with no set person so anyone can contact anyone.

-Signs all over the island reminding one that they are dreaming.

-Houses for members. This can be one’s personal space.
if anyone thinks that’s too small, remember that things can be bigger on the inside than they are on the outside. (cue Doctor Who theme) :smile:

-A train station. (I like trains.)

-A big warehouse full of stupid weapons.

But, that’s just my stupid opinion.

those pictures up there made with Blender… is Blender free? Where can I get it? It would be cool to show off some dream environments to you guys.

Blender is completely free, but the manual costs, like $50 or something, and the interface is completely different from anything else. (most basic tools, move, delete, etc. are completely hotkey driven.)

hmmm. THe manual costing money is a bit silly, but there a probably some tutorials on the web or youtube or something.

Thanks! And extra thanks for the tip about deleting stuff. The delete key is always the last place I usually look when I want to delete something…

HEY! look what I found…

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Main_Page

Okay, I will go through Donoteats suggestions…

-Signs are good. They appear there now.

-Your dream hall idea can be combined with the already exsisting Summoning chamber.

-No train stations. (It’s an Island in the sky, what the hell?)

-You can own a big warehouse full of stupid weapons if you want.

-There are already houses there.

For TRJR’s suggestion…

No. No mini-islands. We can venture off sky island if we want to, so we shall do that.

There was a summoning chamber? I seem to have missed a lot…

Actually, those were kinda stupid suggestions… (I hate it when I start making stupid suggestions, because I only realize they’re stupid until after I’ve made them! :wallhit: :wallhit: )

I tried to reach the island tonight, But I got distracked by a burning house :neutral:

“I’m going to Sky Isla-Oooh shiny!”

Lol, I can imagine myself doing that :tongue: Ah well, good luck next time.

Come to think of it, a burning house would be pretty distracting.

I think we should make a target date where everyone trys their hardest to have a lucid dream, and try to contact other chroniclers. This should be a goal, and the date will follow soon.

Hmm…sounds good.

So, whats the target date?

How about 1 month. Friday, July 6, 2007. The first major attempt by The Chroniclers.

/me likes the sound of that…

Sounds good, Ysim. I’ll try that with a mass PM.

Will do, Sgt. Shatter.
*Genkai likes the sound of this…

Why are we waiting a month?

To give everyone time to prepare. Make sure people have time to get out of dryspells, and similar such things.

Also, I personally have school and finals until June 19, and won’t be focusing much on LD’s until after then.

So, how has everyone gone with this project, any hits?

Abosolutley zero. Dosen’t mean were not trying.