The Dream that Lasted for Years

this has been done before it’s called serial dreaming :smiley:
[/quote]

Oh woow! I’m speechless… I think my longest dream would be a few days or so. But like two years! That’s amazing! Must of took up a lot of your dream journal :tongue:. In the dream, do you remember your actual name and like where you lived? Maybe you took the place of somebody that had a concussion for two years…and swtiched bodies with them or something. So they’d be dreaming for 2 years and you continue he/she 's life, then at 2 years he wakes and so do you. Heh, I don’t even know, but that’s just so cool! Thank you for sharing that amazing story. :content:

this is amazing! longest ive had is a day and it was a ND
I don’t tend to believe in astral projection and what not but i think this has to be more than just a dream, for it to be so stable for so long is quite incredible.
i agree with CRW you should definately contact someone experienced with this sort of thing and report back with what they say obvcourse :razz:

Excellent. Really amazing. Exemplary case that proves that Dream and DreamTime can be same as in WL. :happy:

Ten? Fifteen years ago? a British friend of mine said he’d seen an interview with a teen that claimed to dream an entire lifetime when he slept. He’d suffered some sort of brain injury. Before the injury he didn’t have such dreams.

I’d sure like to see that interview myself.

Carlos Castaneda’s teacher, don Juan Matus, told him that humans, if they learn to reclaim enough wasted energy, have access to about 600 distinct worlds. Worlds as real as our own.

Of course I’ve no idea if that’s true but it sure sounds neat!

Anyway thanks for posting this. I, for one, believe you.

JB

I have to say, very odd and in my opinion believable only because I’ve been stuck in a state of waking up every morning IRL, remembering the dream, and being able to pull out all the evidence in the dream that I am being held back from my Lucid dreaming capabilities. I would love to explain my theory on this but I would have to make a new topic introducing my state of dreaming at night and all the connections I am able to make.

Besides that, I think it is quite difficult to understand the actual capacity of our human mind which is apart from the way the brain works and can be accounted by in different scientific studies in my opinion, and further more, from what I have read, this accountability has been studied already but nothing of my interests has been brought up in these studies. I only bring this up because the author brought up that he had mor “brain power” to understand the way things worked without having to read from any sort of database which kind of reminds me of a quote by Einstein that I cannot find but he states in the quote that not all knowledge can be find by looking at any sort of resources.

I am very curious to how this particular dream theme seems to interconnect with my dreaming experiences. I haven’t had same dream for two years, but everytime I fall asleep I am in the same situation. :smile:

One question; Do your other dreams seem to bring up any curiousity of your two-year dream? For example; when I am dreaming sometimes I am curious to question in the dream “what about that other dream that I kept having?” while in a totally different dream. So do you ever question while having a different dream “what about that dream that I kept having that seems so realistic to life?”

Your subconcious is pretty powerful, and if left to it’s own devices, can quite accurately conjur up data based on things we already know. One thing I believe is that every single person in this world has an extraordinary brain. You always have people who are less academic etc, but I strongly believe that everyone, as long as their brain is all there, is completely capable of getting A* grades in everything.

So dreaming you are another person, with different memories and personality, ofcourse you are going to learn much easier, put things together much easier etc.

Wow, i haven’t been here in a while. I can’t believe how much attention this has actually garnered. I figured it would have been pushed to the side like a lot of the topics of any other forum.

“Did you do a RC ? What surprises me most is the ‘other’ life you lived there. It was clear and made sense, not like most dreams or LDs where you can clearly tell it is a dream.” - Don Anonymus
Yes I did many, short of things that might kill myself. I remember trying not to breath and the usual pinching of ones self.

In truth i don’t really think I was suppose to remember any of it. Before I woke up or chose to leave, depending on which side of the dream I was on, I can remember fearing the fact that I was going to forget everything. Somethings I didn’t need to know and shouldn’t prolly ever know, but others I couldn’t go without. So as a last ditch effort I linked the things I wanted to remember with memories I already had, kinda like a controlled response. For example, when I hear certain songs, like Kashmir, I can’t help but think about certain aspects of the dream. I’ve also queued off on tv shows and books. In fact it was a book that made me remember much of the dream in the first place. I had over heard someone talking about the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, ironically enough, since then I haven’t gotten this dream out of my head.

The most maddening part about all of this is the stuff that I just can’t quite recall. I am, however, grateful for the stuff i do remember, and I’m a different person now because of it.

On a side note, I’ve recently been thinking about the girl from the dream. Previously, I’ve called her Mia which wasn’t her name, for personal reasons I had changed it. However, now I think it’s important that I get her name out there. Why? I’m not a hundred percent. Perhaps it’s just a fleeting hope of making the memory more tangible by echoing it off of the thoughts of others. At any rate her name is Kiari and I hope that it will be a name to be spread and forever remembered along with her story once I decide it’s time to tell it. I will find her again, even if it wont be till the day I die.

I admit I was very skeptical about dreamtime extension until I got my own.

I believe that the “false memories” can be generated while we dream and get interleaved with the “real” dream time.

It’s really amazing that it really feels very long in there… to the point it made me ponder if my WL body was ok, in a moment I was afraid I could be unconscious for a long time! However, it took only 2 hours in real life, but I thought that I was out for almost a whole week.

But 2 years is very off than some days… Maybe there are another ways of time extension than FM related.

Yes, I have heard another experience like this on DreamViews. I didn’t really believe i but now I do.

I remember reading about a guy who claimed he had a lucid dream which lasted 100 years.

This is pretty amazing.

Incredible. Please do write the book, I’d like to learn as much as I can about this experience. I feel for you and understand your attachment to the dream characters, sometimes they can be more real than anything in WL.

One more question: When you talk about your journal in the dream, you said you could read it and comprehend it and everything. Could you read past entries from days or months ago, and remember it the same way you wrote it? Also, two years is a long time, did you have multiple journals, or was it just a massive one?

So, do you have any tips for begginers like me :smile:?

Hi

There was a guy who posted on IASD main forum a couple of years ago who dreamt days and sometimes longer, overnight, lucid. His handle was YAD (you are dreaming). I don’t know where YAD is now.

Here is an interesting episode of:

Star Trek: The Next Generation-The Inner Light Episode Clip
youtube.com/watch?v=Ia1CISaKnzo

Gene Roddenberry
In this episode, a space probe causes Picard to live a lifetime as a married man on an unknown world. This episode won the 1993 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.

He lived a lifetime in 25 minutes.

If the link don’t take copy the title into the Youtube search bar. It is about 7 minutes and you will like it.

Great episode! Btw I love Star Trek! :grin:

Wow. That is truly amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like that before. But I do have one question: how long had you been asleep for? Like a just a night? Sounds kinda like inception! :wink: Sorry about leaving those people! :sad: I know how THAT feels…

Well, Im sorry but, I dont know if I could belive this!

I do belive that it is possible to chage time in a Dream, but I need more resources…

I had something like this happen to me. I was in a dream and I was lucid for pretty much the entire dream but the thing I remember the most was the realization that I has been in this dream for at least a week and then remembering everything that had happened that part week it was incredible. Your experience sounds much cooler then mine, though.

Wow, that’s very, very interesting. But it was only one night, right?