The Dream that Lasted for Years

Yup. I woke up with the most incredible feeling knowing that I had just lived out a week of my dreamself’s life in only one night. That feeling is still strong when ever I remember it.

Time distortion is a well known phenomenon in hypnosis. A subject watched a feature film, then was later hypnotized by a professional hypnotist and told to watch the entire film again in 10 minutes (I forget the exact time limit) – and the subject experienced the whole feature film while under hypnosis … in 10 minutes.

So, it shouldn’t be a stretch to say that an LD can also be subject to even more extreme time distortions.

I found it.

Remembee I said that there was a guy called YAD on IASD Discussion Boards, a long time ago who dremt a long time in one night? Here is the link:

dreamtalk.hypermart.net/bb20 … php?t=3566

I hope it gets you there. It is called:

Dreaming a “Century of Time” during one night of s

It was posted Fri Jul 23, 2010

Here is a bit of it:

The longest period of time I remember experiencing during a dream occurred within a 30 minute nap where in the dream state I was consciously aware I was dreaming and just allowed the dream to continue. The passage of time spanned into what felt like two weeks of conscious dreaming. I have had others spanning what seemed like a week and some spanning days. It is a rare observation in my experiences but when it occurs; the potential for acquiring more time through dreaming is certainly worth investigating.

I spoke with Tom Campbell, author of"My-Big-Toe" on his forum[8] regarding this phenomena. He is far more advanced in consciousness during sleep than I and he reported experiencing 3-2 months of extended dream time as his personal record.

The longest account I have read was posted on a forum unrelated to this topic where the poster with the username Ubasti[9] described nearly two centuries of time passed in four generations of lifetimes that he lived in one dream. (end of quote).

I am going back to read it again. 22:40 here in Adelaide, Australia.

You know i still can’t believe how excepting how everyone has been. I’ve always thought that people would just think me crazy for this story, I myself can’t believe it sometimes, But thank you all for your responses, they’ve all helped me that much more.

Sorry it’s been so long since i’ve responded.

Ok for starters, I watched the click for the inner light ep of Nex’gen, eerie how it compares, but I haven’t watched the whole ep yet. i’m downloading it now thought, Thanks for the reference.

I think the other main question was “how long it all took in real time?” It was somewhere between 8 to 10 hours, so yah about one night.

The journal, I only really remember one. it was kinda homemade and it might of had 300 pages if that. I didn’t get super detailed with it. I mean some days might have only been a few lines, and other day may have been completely skipped. With the journal i just tried to keep enough detail to prove i was dreaming, which if i were i figured the journal would break down into what i was thinking and not what i remembered. For example if i had remembered fishing and goin to the store, the journal entry might read about Hot Dogs cause i happen to be hungery at that moment. But never once did my journal change.

Hmmm, as far as helpful hints. It’s really just a lot of practice. I LD regularly, in fact it’s to the point that if i don’t it’s not normal. I can usually just tell when i’m dreaming because the details break down or because it doesn’t match with the memories from the previous day, How i know the difference i’m not sure. I’ve never had another dream though remotely close to this one. I’ve never been able to copy it or continue it. I really wish i could. I’d pretty much about give anything. I also wish i could share it with others, because the whole world changes after such an experience.

I really think this was more than a dream. I really think that this happened. I half to, since i can’t stop looking for the clues, which as time passes i find more and more. Perhaps it’s just because of the experience itself, and the point of view that it has given me. I really don’t know for sure, and that very well maybe that is what is stopping me. I think the belief is what really drives all these experiences. Be it an LD or something beyond. It’s the belief that drives people to such mental states. Like any other Muscle the brain i believe has to be drilled and worked.

I Know i alway ramble, but i just love responding to your guy’s support, and be sure that if i do ever write a book about this i’ll give you guys a look first. Thanks again.

Pretty amazing story, it’s hard to believe for me… I don’t have much experience in LD and I find it pretty scary or even impossible. But that’s just my opinion!

It kinda sounds like the movie “Vanilla Sky” imdb.com/title/tt0259711/
Was surprised that nobody mentioned it so far… :smile:

LADIES and GENTLEMEN all this doubt, are you kidding me? Funny, you really don’t even know what you are do you? You might say “Well I’m human and I live in a world where there are laws buddy”! “There are rules and regulations, man can’t walk on water are you freaking kidding me, prove it , prove it blah blah”… I think you’ve caught my drift. You know what I see, someone afraid, someone desperately clinging on to what/who they think is real/they are… I admit it does get scary but thats where you have to really just man/woman up. Ask yourself how far down the rabbit hole you want to go to find the right level for yourself. Be brave and confident, declare to yourself RIGHT NOW I AM GOD lose all your beliefs and try to realize your just an experience that’s been set on repeat, you’ve done this before an infinite amount of times…anyway im gonna finish up here…time is an illusion its a trick in eternity there is no time where do you think you are right now? I just woke up from a 30 year(“human time”) experience… and let me tell you once you get to a certain level you’ll see it…this is a dream. Don’t be afraid celebrate! PM for tips on extending time in Astral. “Later world smell my ass”…LMAO

Some people believe that this kind of time dilation/distortion, as described here in this thread, becomes possible during the moment of death…where the dreamer’s awareness dilates over eons, potentially, all contained in a single pregnant moment.

Consciousness is weird, the more I explore it :smile: I’m a believer :happy:

“all contained in a single pregnant moment”. I’ve always liked that description.

I think the premise of time dilation is completely plausible. I mean, why not? There are still many things we barely know about, and probably more of which we’re totally ignorant. Since I’ve been doing essays on Hamlet, and since it’s a relevant quote: “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,/Than are dreamt of in our philosophy.”

Well there are more things proving it isn’t possible then it is, something about your brain not working any faster in dreams then in waking life is one and you brain doesn’t have to create it’s own reality when it’s awake. But then again I don’t see why it’s not possible…

This is actually my current dream goal. Though i actually havent had a bona fide lucid dream recently only quick bursts so that is kind of my main focus. lol

That post is what I was looking for.I want to have such experience at least once in my life!

I really can’t wait to read the book you plan on writing about this. Seriously, this is amazing.