The FILD tech (was HILD) - part II

Many people loose track if they try WILD just by counting or calculating, because thinking about something seems to be very unstable. You easily get unconscious and fall asleep without even noticing.

Moving your fingers, however, requires a conscious mind and is more “real” than only thinking about something! Thus, it is easier to keep your consciousness. The problem is that moving can also wake you up - that’s why you should be really tired for this technique.

At least that’s how I would explain the success of FILD. I haven’t heard of it before today, and I will try it tonight for the first time. The last nights I had exactly the problem described above: merely counting didn’t keep my mind conscious.

I look forward to tonight!

I think the reason FILD is successful for me is that even if I forget and somehow stop moving my fingers, once I’m in a dream, I still remember that I was supposed to be moving them, and that leads me to do a RC, because I figure that since I forgot, that must mean I’m already asleep.

…if that makes any sense.

this is what I do

1. turn my tv on, the volume is at about 7 or 8, which is sort of low (it may vary according to TVs

2. I move my fingers, like a piano

3. I wake back up at about 3 or 6 o’ clock from the tv

4. I turn the TV off, and i resume doing the finger/piano thingy.

5. So far, I have forgotten to do a RC, but tonight, i will try to remember.

It also helps if i stay on ld4all before i go to bed. I think it helps me remember to Ld and RC.

heres wat happened, i woke up 3 and a half hours afta i went to sleep. i tried movin my fingers but i jus fell asleep. but i woke up agen an remembered to try agen, so i did an lost track of time so i thought id do a RC, so i pinched my nose an lo an behold i could breathe, i was in room so i stood up and i blinked, but my eyelids wouldnt open agen, i kept trying to open my eyes but then i just woke up. what happened???

I’m trying this tonight along with what the program Infinity suggests. I have to do it a bit differently because of my sleep patterns but I will post the results here anyway!

This technique had no effect. I may try it again at a later date.

tried it last night. couldn’t do it! lol
I kept moving my fingers, but after a few seconds my mind would start to wander and I’d completely forget what I was doing!
I found myself, many times, thinking about something I did during the day then “crap! my fingers stoped moving!” I just could not pay attention long enough… :shy:

will try again, though…

I tried using this technique last night and it seemed to work, I felt different, as though I was in a dream. however, when I tried to do my RC, I couldn’t manage to move my dream body. I ended up moving my real body, which in turn woke me up. how do I control my dream body rather than my real body?

From what I remember from the guide, once you find out that you are in a dream you imagine your room as if IRL. The vision of the room should come and you can continue with your dream.

thank you, I will try this tonight!

I tried it for at least a month, and i was always drifting out to sleep… i couldn’t manage to stay awake long enough, to go into a dream… i think i will stop :[ Or maybe not :wink:

hmm…
This sounds cool, i’m going to try this tonight!
:mrgreen:

This topic continues in part III :cool: