The FILD tech (was HILD) - part II

Ok I will try that and see how that works.

one time when i was younger, there was a meteor shower that was supposed to be occurring early in the morning. My mom wouldnt let me set my alarm, but she said if i just woke up then she would let me go outside and see it (no clue why but that was her rule…) anyway the reason im telling you this is that i strapped a wristwatch to me head, right bu my ear so that it would wake me up, but that she would not be able to hear it.

yes i was a very determined little kid.

anyway if you are feeling really determined you could try this too :smile:

yeah great idea it works perfect I put the watch under my pillow

Ok I tried that and I wake up and I’m nice and tired but for some reason I just can’t seem to get back to sleep while dong that. And then I fall asleep right when I decide that I’m not gonna try and do FILD anymore.

Have you got a mobile phone (cell phone if you’re American :tongue:) cos usually they have a silent alarm option and you can put it under your pillow and the rumbling will wake you up!

I think im going to give this a try tonight, just the basic “lay in bed, close eyes and move fingers, with the RC every now and then”

Any advice or tips for tonight to increase my chance of success ? :shy:

I haven’t been into LDs at all for quite some time, but I dropped by this forum the toher day and decided to try this technique. Auto-suggestion has worked very well for me in the past, but I just don’t have the patience for it.

Anyway. The first two nights I simply fell asleep again (just wasn’t focused enough). This morning it did however work. I woke up at 5.30 (3 hrs sleep). I was, as in the previous nights, very tired. This time I decided to move only one finger instead of the two. I was just focusing on the tiny movement of my finger, not thinking about anything else really, then after a few seconds I decided to do an RC. As my most reliable RC always has been to count my fingers, I switched on the light by the bed (absolutely sure I still was awake), and BAM! the good old feeling of seeing 7 fingers on my left hand.

The funny thing is that as soon as I realised I was dreaming I was suddenly in the dream I woke up from before I tried the technique. I was still lucid, but It was at a pretty low level, and I woke up soon after. Sadly I was too tired to think clearly at that time, so I didn’t think of doing it again.

This technique is very simple and seems to be extremely reliable. I don’t think I will have any problems having more high level LDs as soon as I’m accustomed to beeing lucid again.

When i tried FILD for the first time i worked :smile:. I told two of my friends and it worked for both of them, but it never has worked again for any of us only on the first attempt. :cry:

Just keep at it, it only worked for me once or twice.

I suppose i will keep at it thank you. :smile:

Bah… After quick first success I’m having some problems with this tech. I just fall asleep. Sometimes I’m even so tired that when I wake up I just turn of the alarm and go straight back to sleep without even trying to move my fingers :tongue:

Does anyone have any advice for that? Beeing to tired, I mean.

Being tired is the key to this technique, for you you just have to remember to do FILD, perhaps write it on some paper and put it over your clock so you’d remember to do it.

Thanks, But I sure as hell won’t remember to turn on the light to stop the alarm… I was thinking of more of a magical solution to my problem, y’know? :wink:

I’ll try turning the volume to insane levels and putting my mobile phone (my alarm) in the next room tonight.

Just had my first experience with WILD yesterday, though I didn’t get an LD. I moved too early and found myself waking up, when I thought I was moving my dream body (I got to the point after your body gets sort of a shock-feeling). Then, I tried to relax again (it was only 4am and I needed to get up at 8) to try this technique, but I wasn’t tired anymore all of a sudden. Couldn’t sleep at all anymore, perhaps it was part excitement (the experience of the WILD kept me up, I think).

But this sounds like a very reliable method, going by all the responses in this thread. I’ll try this the next few days and I’ll see what happens. I have yet to have an intentional LD. So far I’ve only had 3 DILDs where I just sort of “knew” I was dreaming, but none of those lasted more than 10-15 seconds. The last one was a success for the most part but I forgot I was Lucid and went with the flow of the dream again soon after.

Same for me. I thought I had the best method ever, it worked so well–but then never again. It’s been over a year now. I think I’ll give it another try.

No, still no luck :neutral:

This is an interesting technique, although I’m not sure if it will work. :neutral: Many techniques I’ve read, including WILD, or WBTB techniques never really worked for me. But I will try this tonight though, and hopefully it will work! :smile:

Just out of curiosity, how does just moving your fingers help you fall into a lucid dream? You could just easily fall asleep into a normal dream, but with a tiny movement of the fingers for around 15 seconds can get you into a lucid dream. I find that pretty interesting. :happy:

Well it calls to be extremely tired. I have tried this before and I have gotten lucid from it once.

Oh, I see. :smile: Argh, I tried waking up so I can do the technique, but unfortunately I can’t even hear my alarms ring, much less wake up on my own according and intent. But hopefully I’ll try this again tonight though.

Let me first say that in 2 months of trying MILD, I only had one LD, and it only lasted seconds. This morning I tried FILD and it worked for me–twice!

I went to sleep around 1:00, woke up at 5:45. I went back to bed at around 6:30 and when I felt myself get really sleepy, I started moving my fingers, alternating between index finger and middle finger. I kept telling myself that in a couple minutes I was going to do a nose RC. The next thing I knew, I heard my wife yelling from across the room. It startled me, and then I remembered about the RC (I don’t think my fingers were moving in my dream). When I did the RC, I of course found that I was dreaming, but I did just as hagarts said. I kept my eyes closed for a while and just breathed while pinching my nose. Once I opened my eyes, I had a lengthy, vivid lucid dream.

I woke up and stayed up for about half an hour, then got back in bed, thinking that once I was sleepy enough I’d start moving my fingers again. I never got to move my fingers, but I did remember to do the RC eventually. When I did, I found I was dreaming again! I couldn’t believe it!

This method is truly brilliant.