The FILD tech (was HILD) part III

I tried it at 2:00, but fell asleep before I could start the tech.

:sad: I tried again when I woke up at 8:45 but I wasn’t tired enough. I’ll be trying this again tonight! <33

so i tried FILD last night, went to bed at about 11, and woke up at 5:30. I tried it once, did an rc and it failed. tried it again and about 30 seconds after moving my fingers, i was in a dream playing two keys on a piano, partially lucid.then i woke up and was mad.

HILD isa very good technique i think. One time i lay in my bed, i was very tired. B ut i dont know if i was tired enough for Hild. so I did nothing like pushing my 2 fingers. I just lay down a minute and think about it. Then i made J4 Fujn a RC. AND IT WORKED^^

quite only good remarks :happy: i’m excited through reading all these posts (i started with the HILD nr.1 :tongue: ) and im anxious to get a LD , i hope it works, though im convinced now indeed :content:

Edit: bah, i always felt asleep :grrr: and by the way, when do i know when im “tired enough” ? i was hardly ever sure that im tired enough … so i kept waiting (and relaxing) and than i felt asleep -.- anyone an idea how to keep awaken but still tired for that tech? :confused: though, ill give it another try tonight :neutral:

Can anyone explain exactly what this is? I don’t get it

Look at this tutorial.

I tried Vi’s suggestion yesterday. I woke up at 4am and lied in bed for a while. The i started counting to 100 and moving my fingers. When I made it to 100, I did RC and still nothing. Tried it twice with counting to 200 and still awake. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I was moving my fingers a bit too fast and not so little?

at first it didnt work, i tryed it a week and than i gave it up … and now it worked!!!111 11 ^^ awesome technique rly gj :content:

Last night, I fell asleep around 8:30-9:30 PM and set my alarm for 3:30 AM. When the alarm sounded I became aware of my intent to FILD, turned off the alarm clock, rolled on my side, and immediately began moving my index and middle fingers on my left hand. I’ve tried FILD countless times before, but I would fall asleep too easily, so I moved my fingers with more force this time than my previous attempts. My body started falling asleep and feeling strange, but I just kept concentrating on my fingers, and after about 30 seconds I felt as if I involuntarily rolled over, and then I felt as if someone snuck up on me and scared me half to death. After dismissing his Old Hag experience, I checked to see if I was asleep, and I was! In the dream, though, I wasn’t able to achieve as much as I wanted, because I felt very lightheaded throughout the dream, and the more I used my lucid powers, the more lightheaded I became. Tonight, though, I am going to try again, and if I succeed, I will focus on clearing my head and establishing myself into the dream. (The lightheadedness might have something to do with me being moderately sick right now, I was worse earlier in the week but have started getting better)

This is a wonderful technique for all the skeptics, the only problem is that you have to find the balance between falling asleep unconscious and not being able to fall asleep. Just experiment, and hopefully you will figure out the nuances that let you achieve an LD with this technique. :smile:

I tried this last night. The only big problem I have with it is that I have to do it while I’m going to sleep (or in the morning) because I can’t wake up in the middle of the night. I still think I’ll probably have some success with this technique though, I’m gonna see what happens if you try to do it with an afternoon nap. :smile:

Wow. This sounds really good.
I planned to MILD before sleep, then WBTB+WILD in the night, but I think I’ll just do this!

EDIT: So I set an alarm for 2:00 and went sleep about 22:40. But when the alarm ringed, I didn’t dream, and I wasn’t really tired. So it didn’t work.
Also tried WILD in the morning, didn’t work.
Anyone knows what the best time to set the alarm is ?

Just finished reading through all the other parts and posts in the forums. Sounds like this will work really well. The only problem iv been having with WILD is loosing focus on what im trying to do and wandering. Hopefully the finger thing will enable me to focus more clearly on staying conscious.

Will post results tomorow! :content:

dang, i guess i set my alarm to early or something because when i woke up i wasn’t nearly tired enough. I was probably a bit excited too :happy:

okay so i dont get it cause when i am awake i know i am so do yall mean when i am tired i close my eyes and keep my fingers moving and after sometimes i try to open my eyes and i could be in a dream?

I’ve never tried this tech exactly… but i understand that it has massive potential for success.

I once did a WBTB, and when i went back to bed, i couldn’t find a comfortable possition. i rolled over a couple times, and then eventually i rolled over and decided to do an RC. Sure enough, I was dreaming.

This is a good tech, but it’s somewhat scary, because it feels as though you never fell asleep. When i did this, i had to do that nose pinch RC, and i had to try flying just to convince myself that it was a dream!

how long did you move your finger for

I tried this technique this morning. I fell asleep between 9:00 and 10:00 last night, and woke up aorund 1 AM to start the FILD/HILD technique. I didn’t do the ‘nose-pinch’ RC, but I did try to ‘see’ through my eyelids. (I’m somewhat familiar with the distinction between feelings of opening my eyes in the waking world and opening them in the dreamscape.)

The first time failed. I was still awake… barely. I nodded off immediately afterward and ‘opened my eyes’ to a blinding blue dreamscape sky, became extremely excited at the prospect of my new playground and woke up. I tried twice more to achieve lucidity again, but by my second time it was 6 AM, everyone was awake, and I couldn’t fall back asleep.

Definately will give this technique another try tonight.

Last night, I went to sleep at 4AM, I rembered the HILD technique, and I set the alarm to 8AM. I woke up and was very tired, so I thought the conditions were ideal to induce a Lucid dream with this technique.
So I started, doing the movements with my midle and pointer finger, like I was playing a piano very softly. Even thought I was tired, I found that it was somewhat dificult to keep doing the movement, while trying to sleep, because I was getting more alert, by the finger movements. After 5min I did the nose RC, and I was still awake. I did the RC 2 more times but was unsuccessful, so I gave up, and cotinued my sleep.
I woke up again at around 1PM, and the first thing I thought was to try this technique again. Tried and still nothing, tried again, and I fall asslep unintentionally. I found myself in a dream, it was night and raining, I was in a familiar street. I saw people running because of the rain. Then I thought to myself, this can’t be a dream, its too real to be a dream, all the colors and details around me. But I felt the urge to make the nose RC, even after that thought. To my surprise, I could breath with my nose sealed.I was realy chocked, because this dream felt so real. I was lucid just for some seconds, the dream faded away, I didnt woke up, but it all turned black and I lost my lucidity.

Im still a newbie in lucid dreaming, I started reading about LD and trying some tecniques a month ago. So this was one of my best experencies to date in LD. I never tried the nose RC before, so Im preety sure that the urge that I felt in my dream to do the nose RC, even thought I felt I was awake, was because I tried the HILD technique before.

Another thing that I learned from this experience is that, sometimes while I’m awake I think to myself that I dont have to make an RC, because I Know I’m awake, and it all feels real. But in this dream, I felt exactly the same way, it all felt real and detailed like in real life, but I was dreaming. So I need to make RCs even if I have 100% sure that Im awake, I might be surprised.

Although I didnt have a lucid dream, i was preety close to get one, so I will keep trying this tecnique.

i thoght of an idea similar but with out the finger tapping. i think that the tapping will help keep me focused. :smile: a slight variation to this for anyone having trouble is instead of finger tapping set your alarm clock with music and let the music play. consentrate on the music instead of (or both) ot hfinger tapping. just throwing ideas around. happy dreaming

i think that this method could be tho one for me… i dont want to wake up and hafve to stay up so this is the perfect one! i tryed it last night but someone shut off my ipod (im using it as an alarm) :ohno: