The FILD tech (was HILD) part III

Ive almost done this “accidentaly”. I was lying in my bed and moving all 5 fingers of my right hand. Then I sort of…started to fall asleep, while still moving my fingers (note I wasnt trying to do FILD). Strange feeling. Then I realised I was falling asleep. I started to pay attention and that woke me up. Immediately I realised “OMFG I almost did FILD!!!”. I felt angry that I didnt just continue moving fingers :neutral: .

I have tried this technique twice. Unfortunately, I am a light a light sleeper and the small finger movements kept me awake. Perhaps I was too excited waiting for something to happen? I may try this tehnique again since so many people are having a great success with it.

I tried this technique last night, and it almost worked!

I woke up in the middle of the night and felt veeery tired. I remembered this technique and started moving my fingers up and down, but very slow. I wasn’t so excited since I just wanted to go back to sleep. But after just 10 seconds, my whole body got a really strange feeling and I felt really wierd. I knew I was in a lucid dream, but I got a little scared (because I didn’t expect anything to happen) and excited, so I woke up.

Good job so far Revolve! :woo:
Next time when you think your in a lucid dream do a nose RC! It should work, if not then your still IRL.

Thanks Miles, I’ll try to remember doing a nose RC next time.

wow reading through all these post (starting from like 2003 lol) this is defintaly one of the best techniques i have read about lots of posotive results. Hopefully this technique will induce my first LD!!

I tried this a while ago, and it was a bit odd because I fell asleep and entered a short dream without realizing it. Now the reason it’s odd/I didn’t realize I was dreaming was because I could still feel my head on the pillow even though I was in the dream.

Thats exactly what happened to me when i tried it last night…

Since I’m trying to get back into this, I’m trying anything (I did WBTB for the first time the other night, and all the last three nights, I woke up grouchy :grin: Read my DJ). This one seems simple with good results, so I’ll start trying it tonight.

The nights never seem to come round quick enough, do they?

I have that common problem, where I start “piano-ing” but then forget to do a RC, & ultimately fall asleep out of lack of focus. This counting idea seems pretty good. I’ll definitely implement this one for sure. I can’t wait to see what my lucid dreamworld will look like! Thanks for the idea, Vi. :smile:

Update: I tried the technique. Didn’t actually transition into a LD; I slipped into sleep again & got only normal dreams. But they were very vivid & a lot longer than usual. I’m pretty convinced. I’ll be doing this every night until it works!

I will be trying this tonight, it seems very reliable and I’m hoping to achieve my second lucid dream with this tech. :cheesy:

I’m excited!! I’m looking into quests now to see if there are any interesting enough to dedicate my second LD to. :content:

I tried this from 6.00am this morning and every 35 minutes after that, until 9.00. Fell asleep normally each time! I’ll be trying again tomorrow. Might do something different to refine the technique. I think I’ll visualise the piano I’m playing and let the notes ring out in my head.

I tried it at 2:00, but fell asleep before I could start the tech.

:sad: I tried again when I woke up at 8:45 but I wasn’t tired enough. I’ll be trying this again tonight! <33

so i tried FILD last night, went to bed at about 11, and woke up at 5:30. I tried it once, did an rc and it failed. tried it again and about 30 seconds after moving my fingers, i was in a dream playing two keys on a piano, partially lucid.then i woke up and was mad.

HILD isa very good technique i think. One time i lay in my bed, i was very tired. B ut i dont know if i was tired enough for Hild. so I did nothing like pushing my 2 fingers. I just lay down a minute and think about it. Then i made J4 Fujn a RC. AND IT WORKED^^

quite only good remarks :happy: i’m excited through reading all these posts (i started with the HILD nr.1 :tongue: ) and im anxious to get a LD , i hope it works, though im convinced now indeed :content:

Edit: bah, i always felt asleep :grrr: and by the way, when do i know when im “tired enough” ? i was hardly ever sure that im tired enough … so i kept waiting (and relaxing) and than i felt asleep -.- anyone an idea how to keep awaken but still tired for that tech? :confused: though, ill give it another try tonight :neutral:

Can anyone explain exactly what this is? I don’t get it

Look at this tutorial.

I tried Vi’s suggestion yesterday. I woke up at 4am and lied in bed for a while. The i started counting to 100 and moving my fingers. When I made it to 100, I did RC and still nothing. Tried it twice with counting to 200 and still awake. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I was moving my fingers a bit too fast and not so little?

at first it didnt work, i tryed it a week and than i gave it up … and now it worked!!!111 11 ^^ awesome technique rly gj :content: