The ‘Keys’ to Lucid-Dreaming

Patience, definately patience!! :happy: many people have dry spells of no lucid dreaming, and bad dream recall, and you have to be patient through it!

Another piece of advice I’d like to give is let it come naturally. Don’t force it…I’ve done that before! lol. If you force it, it just will not work, and you won’t ld…

hmmm… i tried some times (more just thinking about it not tried like you all say). those few LDs i had made me want more but i never really believed i could do it just like that. reading what you guys said opened my eyes(even if my bf told me so bilion times). anyone can do it and so will i!! :happy:

I’ve been having some very unusual dreams lately, and I’ve had one or two semi-lucid-dreams.

You know what? I really want to start working harder on this. I already have a screensaver on my computer that’s called “Marquee” (on Win XP) and I put it to say “¿Ar ju džrimiŋ?” (to be weird), and if I ever see it say “Are you dreaming?”, I’ll know that I am! Plus, I normally perform a reality-check whenever I see the screensaver, to start getting myself in the habit. Now all I have to do now is get in the habit of doing reality-checks every time a wake up in the morning, because then’ll turn almost all my false-awakenings into lucid-dreams! Yey! :tongue:

That’s what I used to do. I used to have “ARE YOU DREAMING?” written on my wallpaper (desktop), so then whenever I saw it i’d RC! It’s a good way to remind yourself to RC!!!

So what you guys/girls say is that if I find a LD improving pattern and stick to it, evt. if I then have enough motivation it is possible to do WTF i want :eh:

Like “Living out” my signature?

(damn I hope my motivation is good enough :woah:)

A quick goide to stuff to help LD’in would hep every Beginner LD’er i think :smile: (like me)

Hi Kenai, welcome to the forum! :wave:
Yes, I suppose what you plan to be possible, though it requires much motivation and effort. About the quick guide, don’t you find the tips in the LD4all main page are sufficient? What do you find is lacking?

Its not exactly lacking… i mean that page is great! :smile:

but for some (like me) it is a bit mutch to remember to think and do about i u know what i mean and ofcourse im motivated i mean ive gone lucid before and liked it but never made an effort to do more of it…
more like ive been going the dreams way… not going “my” way.

But reading all this LD stuff is making me want to do this realy, realy bad.

:razz: my biggest dream would be becoming able to have a second life while my primary one sleeps :razz:

EDIT: I know that it sounds crazy(or something) but I am motivated enough to try and if you realy try it does sound…
a little bit Logic, Right?
I have 60 years and propably even a 20 year period after that
I’m not so old yet(16+)so i have about all the time in a Life :wink:
I’ll try it and see what happens after a month or so.

But it happend something wierd this day…
This morning all i rememberd from the night was the happy face of my little brother (on my fathers side)(im at my mothers house now) but about 30min-1h ago i rememberd more(took a nap) and i pictured that he was at my moms house playing his favourite game on my stationary computer… i havent used that for about a month(the game was FlatOut) i mean one whole day went and after 10 mins of sleep after dinner i had the same picture in my head but more of the dream… :woah:

Yeap is gonna be pretty good.I’ve thought of it many times and it’s one of the reasons i try to have LD.It’s like a book i’ve read about the samans of america-north or south- that could live mavy lifes in just a day through their dreams.I haven’t tested a technique hard just because i don’t know what one suits me.So i usually do RC’s and try to use the one technique or the other.

Sorry for the offtopic but i had to say it.
In topic i usually what motivates me is to know what to see in the dream and try to have it-although i don’t always- and not to be in the pressure from noone.I just try to do what i like…

P.s:sorry if there is not a meaning in what i say but i don’t speak better English :cry:

well… for me that actually make sense cos i’m not so sencefull of myself… but damn im logic :razz:
(Back to topic)
i got to be a bear last night :happy: yay!!
but didnt do an RC (not an habit yet)
i allso had 2 half LD’s this night
i realised that i was dreaming i both but woke up…
in one i realised that it was a dream when a cop car changed in to a moose(strange… :meh:)
in the other a friend of mine was dead and(never born that is) a nother friend was living there instead…
that dream realising came from a Nokia 3510i with a cell phone cam(Yeah!! Right!!)

Now i have felt the power of LD’s and this is something that i want to do now… :razz: Go on LD4ALL!!!

to stay motivated i try to read through some topics of this site, read my old dreams, LDs are off course the ones i like best to read :smile:

i am trying a new thing to become lucid that a friend from another forum(not a LD forum) told me had helped her.
I have written a “V” on my hand(stays for “vaken” vaken=woken) så the V helps me remember to do the RCs and i hope that i will soon look att the V in my dream and realize that im dreaming :happy:

I am the same way…it’s hard for my brain to remember to think LD thoughts when I am at work (and work takes up most of my day). I don’t want to have to depend on external stimulii like writing a “C” for “consciousness” on my hand to remind me to be aware of myself (and my LD goals), I want it to come naturally. I guess this means I am not motivated enough to remember…but I always remember to smoke cigarettes so I must not be too forgetful.

Maybe that should be my reminder to think about LDs, whenever I smoke a cigarette, since it’s something I do 10-15 times a day. Crappy reminder, that would be (still an external reminder and unhealthy but I’m not quitting smoking just yet), but whatever might work is a start.

I was going to go write “LD” on all my cigarette packs now, so every time I take one out if I see “LD” on it, I’ll think about it but I still don’t think I should have to write my reminders down, like that is a crutch that doesn’t strengthen my awareness. I’ll just have to have an intention to remember to think LD thoughts whenever I smoke. sigh

I have recently set the alarm on my watch so that it goes off every hour, prompting me to do a reality check (alarm beeps, do an RC, turn it off, reset it for an hours time). While it does seem counterproductive at first I find that during the hour in-between I am anticipating the alarm on my watch, and thus thinking about RC’s more than I otherwise would. It’s also working wonders with getting me into the habit of performing RC’s, and fairly soon I’m certain I won’t need the alarm to know that it’s about time to perform one - maybe this could help you?
Apart from this it also drives your work colleagues, friends, family and partner mad, so that’s definitely an added benefit. :razz:

Standard psychonautics issue.
In order to get anywhere, you have to learn to silence the internal dialogue.

If you really want the burn on that one, the only
way to silence the internal dialogue is to increase
the lucidity of the conversation with the subconscious mind- its a circular problem.

Ego mind and Reptilian Brain are both heavilly invested in keeping the Ego in the state of delusional isolation from the rest of the mind. Lucid
dreaming and lucid visualization change the power
structure of the psyche. The largest obstacles to Lucid dreaming and lucid visualization are the aspects of self whose sense of identity and contribution feel threatened by the mind learning to do things outside of the primary design parameters.
:tulip:

To bad my watch is broken right when I started to be intrested in this matter… <=/ Using a watch that beeps every hour (mine could beep every half hour ^__^) would be a good idea to ensure you do RC on a regular basis.

I only wonder or you would still remember to do RC’s in your dream, becouse your beep-alarm might not go off in your dream : )

once I got my watch fixed I will try it

It’s a bit annoying to do it continuously although i know that it is very helpful.i have on the screen on my mobile and every time i watch the hour i have to do the RC’s…Anyway,i don’t remeber my dreams the last days and it’s extremely annoying as well.So i’ll just do the RC’s.

I’ve set the banner on my cell phone to read “Is this a dream?” (has to be the exact same number of characters as “Verizon Wireless”)and used a dreamy photo as the background.

For the most part I just know that when I see a certain person I must be dreaming. Not sure what I’ll do if I ever see her in real life again…probably check my watch a LOT!

In my opionion the biggest key is beleif and confidence. You have to get yourself to understand and honestly belive that it is easy to have lucid dreams which it is. Think about it, lucid dreaming is a mental thing and thus if you doubt your ability what are your odds of success?

I think my greatest setback is the fact that I used to enter LDs naturally. I used to know I was dreaming because of the weird feeling of it. One day, I asked myself if I was dreaming and had no conclusive answer… and from then on it was harder and harder to get lucid. I so wished I had known about RC’s before - I would be an expert LD’er by now, but I lost that. :cry: So I keep expecting that it’s gonna happen naturally, and that I’m gonna have to perform an RC to have an LD, but it doesn’t happen.

You have to have a tremendous willstrengh to reaquier something you once had. Sure I wouldn’t have had the idea of trying if people here weren’t so entusiastic!
Good dreaming all!

Whispa writes this down on her ‘to do’ list

I’m not at all confident in most things. But surprisingly, I have a positive attitude when it comes to lucid dreaming, which has definitely helped my progress. I don’t doubt things will work or expect the worst all the time like i do in RL.

I really believe i could have long interesting LD’s nearly every day if i only put more effort into it. That’s my main problem - being too lazy

I always tell myself I know I can become lucid and I will become lucid but confidence alone doesn’t help me at all. Unless my subconscious is sneaking around behind my brain and doubting my conscious thoughts? :wink: Maybe that’s why for me, just thinking it’s easy doesn’t seem to help.

And I’m with you Whispa, I am just too lazy…I could be great at LDs too if I could just strengthen my will to put more effort into it.