The list of WILD sounds

Imagine the sound of a studio tape of a voice recording fast-winding backward. Now imagine this with five different tapes at the same time, and LOUD. I can’t describe it any better.

I heared this when I woke up shortly after trying to wild, it went on for about five seconds and when it stopped I had the feeling that something terrible was just about to happen (think nuclear bomb). I knew it was just a hallucination (though I didn’t know about HH at the time), so I wasn’t really scared, but it was not a nice feeling.

MedO

That sounds creepy :anx:

I sometimes hear random voices that get very loud or one shouts when I’m getting to sleep. But It’s like i’m deliberately (not actually wanting to) creating them to annoy myself.
It’s quite interesting, if you’re sleepy, listening to the words that just pop into your head out of nowhere :content:

I heard a laughter once.

Really movie-bad guy laughter , mean and loud :scared:

I had my first intentional WILD last night, it sounded like rushing wind and very loud fast rythmic thumping like a subwoofer next to my ear. Maybe it was my heart… :eh:

I’ve literally jumped out of bed after being on the very edge of sleep and hearing cymbals crash right next to my head :eek:

The sounds I experience are usually loud and violent, so unfortunately instead of reminding me of my intention to LD they wake me up entirely.

While in a semi-WILD state last night, I heard what sounded like music coming in over the radio. It was faint and staticy when I tried to focus on it. Like the megellenic clouds, though, as soon as I stopped ‘looking’ for it, it became clearer and more vivid. As that caught my attention, I automatically focused in on it, and it fell back to static.

I usualy hear people taking, or sometimes screaming. In spanish class today, I started to dose off and entered a WILD-ish state. I hear some noises that sound like doors or cabinets slamming closed, then a girl screaming as if in pain :eek: I had to pull myself back to waking life instead of entering a LD though :neutral: …stupid test! :cry:

I think I’ve also heard cats meowing and atleast once a wolf howl. :wolf:

I get auditory hallucinations naturally (daytime too) so I hear A LOT of WILD sounds.

1. any type of animal (usually roars or cats)
  2. Children laughing or talking
  3. This girl that says random wierd things…
  4. evil laughing
  5. Wind
  6. Violin music usually
  7. Sometimes full orchestrated music
  8. The voices I naturally hear.
  9. Clicking sounds
  10. Foot steps getting closer and closer
  11. My mom calling me (That’s annoying… but I’ve gotten used to it being fake.)
  12. bells ringing
  13. A choir singing this sad song in a minor scale
  14. whistling
  15. My name being repeated over and over.
  16. Sudden loud bang
  17. static like sound
  18. A bunch of people saying the Lord’s prayer at the same time…
  19. Random voices giving me orders…
  20. What sounds like a lot of snakes

There’s other stuff too but I won’t get into it. 20’s enough. ^^

Last night, I heard some crazy popping and ripping noises while trying to fall back asleep from a dream.

I also hear people calling my name or starting conversations. On good nights, I can experience a sort of lucid HI, you might say. I see scenes taking place and can affect their outcome, knowing that they’re not real. This doesn’t happen as often as I’d like, but it’s nowhere near as good as a true LD. LDs are way more vivid.

One time, during SP, I heard the loudest roaring sound imaginable in my ears. Just a continuous drone, like an airplane engine, and extremely loud.

This is the creepiest sound that i ever had happen to me really freaky, a while back, it was a mix of a FA and Wild ( I think i wilded into an FA) and in the dream i woke up in my bed sat up, and i heard my mom screaming like really creepily, and then i heard the Loudest footsteps making there way to my room and my mom screaming at me so loud, as though she wanted to kill me :eek: my heart was beating so fast in my dream and i was terrified, and then i woke up, and was freaked out, but calmed down quick :tongue: “its just a dream, its just a dream” :cool:

Today I was trying to WILD, and I heard my dad hammering in nails. It wasn’t actually a noise from WILD, it just so happened he was hammering in nails while I was trying to WILD.

Yes indeed Amused Himself, I think that lots of people here experienced things like that. It’s rather common when you practice WILD, cars in the street, dogs of the neighbour barking, people dansing in the flat above, etc. Yet I’m unsure they are hypnagogic sounds. :happy:

someone playing an accordian. badly. with the pitch warping in between, and reverb+delay.

and also some wood-block style xylophone sounds, ironically sounding like elevator music. ( yes i listened to this for 40 minutes >< )

In mine, someone was playing the organ really well. I wanted to hear some Russian folk tunes, but the player didn’t take my request :sad:

I sometimes get a camera flash sound with matching light. Also, I’ve heard a sound similar to bells.

I was able to hear a lot of people talking last night, as if I was in a really busy restaurant.

Had my first weird sound in months the other night. It sounded exactly like someone repeatedly bouncing a basketball on the floor in my room. It became rather annoying after a minute or two…

I usually hear some strange rumbling, very much like when a plane flies somewhere near your house. Sometimes I mix these sounds up, but I find it unlikely for a plane to fly in the exactly same position for many minutes. :tongue:

i heard racing cars last time i heard annything unusual trying to WILD

I very rarely succeed in WILD but on the few occasions i do i generally hear a voice constantly repeating my name over and over again.