The Lucid Dreaming Digibook [2.0 REVEALED]

UPDATE: New link is now available!! Hopefully everybody can get this downloaded!

BEN!!!

you finally finished it, it only took like what… a long time?

:open_mouth: theres somebody I havn’t seen in forever! and btw…it didnt take me a long time to do it, i just never did it up until 2 weeks ago… lol

we are going to have to talk on AIM sometime…its been waaay too long!!

seriously man

its been like 5 months
maybe more

Ok, I’ve recieved a couple PMs about people clicking the link and waiting a long time, and they don’t see any download pop up. Heres the thing, if you left click the link, you will download it, but it will be in your temp internet files (in most cases). What you need to do is right click the link, and hit “Save Target As…”, and then select where you want the file to be downloaded to.

Hopefully everybody is downloading this with no trouble, or at least if you have and you are reading this, hopefully you soon won’t have any trouble. Thanks for downloading!

REMINDER: If you do not want to download a 10 MB file, the release of the Lucid Dreaming Digibook Plain version is tomorrow, and will be smaller in size.

Well…I worked hard the past hour, and I have managed to complete the Lucid Dreaming Digibook Plain Version 1.0!!! The file is temporarily being hosted on the unstable Freewebs server, but will be uploaded to a better server within the next day or two. Either way, try and see if you can download it.

Anyways, file size is 50 KB…yes thats right, 50 KB!!! Thats very very very small if you didn’t know! I stress that this version is a downgrade from the Detailed version in looks. This version is really for the people with dial up, or the people that refuse to download semi-big files. Needless to say, you can download it even if you have fios, but I’m just saying, if you can afford to download 10 MB, I would strongly recommend the Detailed Version :smile:

Hope everybody who has been waiting likes this!

[for link, please go to first post]

lol One last update!!! Dark Matter was awesome enough to upload the file right away, and the new link is displayed on the first post!!! Happy DLing people!!!

:yay: :beer: :partying_face: :hurray: :cheer: :boogie:

If you ever need me to help out again, just let me know. :smile:

i really like this ben, It is definatly a good tool for newbies

:smile: GJ :smile:

Bravo Ben!!!

I’ve just begun to read things in here, almost done. And I’m impressed. This is great.

I don’t know if I will be able to host the PDF version for you Ben, really depends on it’s size.

But I’ll host the two that are up for as long as you need them hosting :smile: (ie: indefinately)

This is cool…

One little bug, when turning of the music going to another menu, and then returning to the main menu, the music returns ><

And I don’t know if it’s a bug… Let’s call it customizing :tongue:

I’ve replaced the LDD 1.0\Media\Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards In Winter .mp3

File, with another file… gave it the same name… and… It worked… (don’t know if it’s supposed to though o_o)

:open_mouth: I love the song, it’s so addictive, I have to have two copys of the book open, one for the music and one for the book.

Music is so motivating for lucid dreams.

Too bad you had to make it an exe program. The rest of us with real computers don’t run MS exe programs. Oh well, I hope it is enjoyable for the rest of you.

Eoghan

:devil:

That is no bug, I just didn’t keep a global variable. If you would like that as a fix, it is extremely easy, and I’ll put it in the next version.

Yes that is supposed to do that…because all the program does, is search in the Media folder for a file with that exact name. So if you change it with new media, but the same name, it will still open it up :smile: But thats not a bad thing!

lol I guess this means I need to have a LDD music player throughout the whole program. I didn’t know if people would like it or not, especially if they wanted to listen to their own music outside of my software.

I wouldn’t say real computers :razz: …anyways if you are talking about you having a different OS, there are converters out there to change it from an exe to a .dmg or whatever you need. However, if you are saying you don’t trust exes because you think it will be a virus, I gurantee this is not a virus, but I understand if you wish to not open it.

If you still have some sort of problem with a .exe…I will be releasing a .pdf format real soon (sometime by the end of the month or the beginning of March), so that you can enjoy the experience. And, you will be able to print it out!

Anyways…thanks for the positive feedback guys…I really do hope this helps everybody out one way or another. And if it doesn’t, be sure to get the upcoming versions (2.0), because I am adding tons of techniques. So many, that I have to have a whopping 2 pages to list them all!! lol. It will be cool though, because a lot of these techniques really are helpful, but they are so hard to find on the internet. Until then though… :smile:

Happy lucid dreams everybody! Thankyou for using the Lucid Dreaming Digibook!

You could try to use UPX in the next release, it’s a packer for executable files. I used it on the LDD.exe from the current detailed version and it shrinked to 2.7Mb (when using the --best option). Packing only takes two minutes and could save people with low bandwidth some headaches.

Please note that some programs won’t run anymore when packed (or only when packed with special options), so remember to backup the original before trying this out.

UPX Homepage: https://upx.sourceforge.net

MedO

i loved the music and was dancing to it. lol

Thanks, that sounds cool, however to save people with bad connections some huge headaches, I created the Plain Version of LDD, which I released last night. It is 50 KB…beat that! :smile: I appreciate the information though, and may give it a try :wink:

and yeah apparently a lot of people like the main menu music…lol. trans siberian made it, and theyve made some other awesome songs, like that christmas song carol of the bells that you always hear on the radio during Christmas. heh, I was actually kind of worried people would hate it when I first put it on there. :tongue:

just DL’ed the full version of this. i must say, im really impressed. most of those techs i never even heard about (but im not that old school…).

aaanyhows. just wanted to point out one small thing i would love to see in there. that the music toggle is global, ie it is always visible on the program, and can always be fiddled with. hopefully with the program not restarting the track every time you flip a page or something, cuz that song is cool :content:

other than that, im lovin it. this program will most definately be moved to my usb stick(i keep it in my pocket 24/7 and have all kinds of important programs and stuff there, like VLC :tongue: )