The Lucid Pill

Thanks for the tip Bendrummin, I had an ld last night( with aide of the ld test preset on the brainwave generator), after realizing I was in a dream, at some sort of of fox hunting meet in England, I regained lucidity by spinning rapidly and found myself in my parents house. As soon as I got there and was admiring how real everything was to the touch( my first real high level ld) began to notice a senesation like my forehead was sloping forward and was going to somehow cover my face, this was making me lose concentration and the dreamworl wavered, thats when I remebered your lovely little pill!

I reached into my pocket but nothing was there, pulled my hand out, reached back in and there it was, and I said that my forehead would return to its original state as soon as I took it, and it worked. Just ne thing, when I took it, it kind of got stuck in my throat, so I decided when I next do this I’m going to use a potion instead. Well I got thinking, what should I use this for now, women? increased lucidity? but I got caught up looking around the room for a potion I lost lucidity and my mind tricked me into a false awakening, where upon a I(still in the dream world) waxed lyrical to my sister about the lucid dream I’d just had :smile:.

Hmm… would have liked to have tried this last night, but it’s kind of a problem when you have no pockets… :razz:

Get one from your shoe then :tongue:

Or “realize” that there’s a hat on your head, take off the hat, and pull out of it–no, not a bunny rabbit–the magic pill.

Well, I guess you could pull a bunny out of a hat…

Bunnies are more exciting. And probably more interesting to eat. Er…

I’ve used the pill method a few times, though lately I’ve been doing a form of it…

I take pills/vitamins whenever I need help with something, not at the start of a dream. DC not showing up? I pull a nice jar with purple pills (they tend to be little, flat hexagons for some reason XD) out of my pocket and take one. I call them “Power Pills,” and I always think of that name when I take one.

Random Slightly Off-topic-icity : Now there’s Flinstones vitamins that are actually “gummies” now, like gummy bears/worms.

Great idéa - thanks!

I´ll try it tonight to induce an LD, thinking about it before I go to sleep that is, not spawning a pill in my pocket while having an LD. For SWINM (someone who is not me), the idéa is quite attractive, because SWINM is experimenting with psychedelic substances and often dream about taking new kinds.

Again - thanks! :smile:

:gni:

I’ve heard Laberge saying (based on his experiments) dreams are in the real time.
You can extend them only the same way you would in a movie - by skipping parts.

At least that is what he said…

No offense to LaBerge, but he probably doesn’t know half the things that really go on with our minds. Nobody does. The human brain is one of the greatest mysteries present today.

To my understanding, LaBerge did simple experiments like blinking in a LD and having somebody watch his eyelids IRL. Why did that happen the way it did? Well it could mean dreams are ONLY in real time…OR, it could mean that particular dream was in real time. LaBerge never tried extending his dream time (or at least he never recorded it).

To me, this subject is just like the whole Shared Dreaming issue. Both are unexplainable, yet both have been happening to people for some time now. I don’t think we will ever know the scientific background that can get rid of all the skeptics out there, until a time much later than now. Before that revelation though…your only proof is to actually try it out yourself :wink:

I also believe that LeBarge is pretty close minded when it comes to these things.

Holy. I like the sounds of that :happy:

I will definately try this method once I start having Lucid Dreams :razz:

Holy s**t, this worked brilliantly for me last night, I became lucid last night near a road I used to live near, I remembered the pill, which is amazing because I haven’t thought of it for months, and told myself that it would increase the clarity of the dream, and it did, this was by far the most vivid and ‘real’ dream i’ve ever had. In fact I forgot to do anything except walk around, because I was so amazed by the concrete nature of the dream, it felt just like walking in the real world. It only lasted a minute before I woke up, but I know now as soon as I get lucid again I’m reaching into my pocket for another pill.

i made some pills last night in the hypnagogic state.

they brought to me some very very interesting information! their program was to take me to someone, and I colored then a sort of blue(or indigo) and pink. the little gel kinds that overlap each other and can be pulled apart.

i kept guzzling them down and chewing on them and such and i’m not entirely sure on the progression of events… but I think foolishly the person appeared right next to me, and I didn’t think it was “her” so I went into a dreamstate separate from my room.

but i then found a website with some very useful and suprisingly easy to read information on it from “her” to “me” and it really synched up with a previous dream I had… it was a very good result, seeing the website.

Awesome idea! Ben, you’re a really helpful guy. :cool_laugh:

Ben, help me, last night i search in my pocket but i cannot find it.

But there is an invinsible pill and when i eat it and hope fore lucid for about 1 day, it doesn’t work.

Because you HOPE for lucidity for a day. Don’t hope, know!

This could help, say: “When I reach into my pocket, I will find the lucid pill!”, rather than just going in there and thinking it MIGHT MAYBE be there.

This sounds like a great idea, I can’t wait to try it… I can’t wait to LD, for that matter.

has anyone used this to try and extend dream time in their LDs?