The mix of an LD/OBE and SP. Second time this has happened.

This morning, I got a 2-hour delay at my school, so I got to sleep in a little bit and try for an LD, (as my night was uneventful with only fragmented Dream Recall).

So, I lied down and got to sleep post-haste. When I woke up, I observed my room, and remembered I should probably do a Reality Check. I moved my arm towards my nose, and realized, I couldn’t see my arm moving, but I could see my arm in my bed. They weren’t connected. Still a little bit disoriented, I looked at my Shaun of the Dead poster, closed my eyes, and looked again. It still said Shaun of the Dead, but I was almost 100% I was dreaming, since I honestly considered I could be. I pulled myself off my bed, and I still couldn’t see my body, but it was like my torso was bent back, ala limboing under a pole, and I couldn’t lift it up. It was a very frightening/bizarre experience. At that moment, I heard the CRACK of my spine, felt a vibration, and lost all visuals.

How can I make that NOT happen again? :sad:

I call these dreams In Limbo dreams. Depending on the attention I’m paying to dreams I’ll have them up to several times a month. Sometimes certain elements are more intense than the otheres. Sometimes I feel my physical body paralysed in bed simultainsiously as my “astral body” feels as though rising, falling, or spinning on an axis. Sometimes my eyes will be dreaming, awake or a little of both.

I wouldn’t know how to prevent it, though like SP it tends to happen more when I"m laying on my back.

CosmonautFantome what you experience can happen when you wake 1/2, you are both still aware of your dream body (the one you move) and your physical body (the one you see through already open eyes in bed). These mixed signals can be pretty confusing at times, certainly if you don’t know what’s going on.

xetrov, hehe i once had a funny expirience with my physical and dream bodies, i was attempting to WILD and for about 10 seconds i was in control of both (to an extent)
I lifted my dream arm properly and my real arm flopped up too, not in much control of the real one, but it followed roughly what i did with dream arm (i could feel it mostly, towards the end i openeded my eyes and my dream senses faded)

Yes 293, those are great experiments, i’ve done them aswell (albeit not on purpose, but still). This also shows us that we should be carefull with terms as “OBE” and such, seems like a lot of it can be explained simply with our dreambodies.

Last night I had another experience similar to this. I got lucid, (on accident, was required to turn on a lightswitch in my dream), and when I lost lucidity, I could feel both bodies in my bed, but I could only see pitch black. With my dream body, (still no visuals) I began to rotate on my axis, and I got back into my LD again! \M/

This is a technique I’ve been using for awhile, although its when I actually wake up, and I only pretend I’m spinning.

Still, if I have to suffer from the former experience to have the chance to re-enter a LD, it’s worth it :happy:

CosmonautFantome I actually made up a technique once like you described, to have more succesfull WILDS when I wake up 1/2. If you’re interested check this threat:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/a-wild-variation/12100