The Ninth Lucidity Challenge - Winner: Tundra

Last night all of the parts of this task except the last happened in a lucid dream, however all but the first and third happened on their own.

I was looking in a mirror inside of a large store, and my reflection looked a bit different than I did, most notably in that it had glowing black eyes. This seemed a bit unusual, and I realized I was dreaming, and soon remembered the task.

Since fire has to burn something, I reached into my pocket, and pulled out a large turquoise stone, something I had found in a non-lucid dream some time ago. It had increased my dream control the last time I had it, and I wanted to see it again, since objects usually have no effect on my dream control. I focused on the stone, and something began to form, but what formed wasn’t fire, but several long, green crystals. I broke these off of the stone, and tried again, and this time a small flame appeared.

I think the flame started out red, but if it did, it quickly changed to a dark blue. The fire was starting to spread to my hand, so I decided it was time to try moving it telekineticaly, and easily sent it in a straight line down to the floor. At this point it changed, turning black, and taking the general shape of a rabbit. It began to run around the store like a rabbit, and I found I could control it’s direction. I had it run around in circles for a while, then decided to try making it into a portal. I made it stop running, but woke up the instant after that.

Oooh, intense!

1. Tundra - 400
  2. Serith - 380
  3. dreamwarrior
  4. Wyrmfell
  5. LordLeckie
  6. Darkdude
  7. Kza
  8. Doson
  9. Morpheus_Wuz_here
  10. Magnus

Task 6: Water!
Although we are land based creatures, we are some 70% water. Science also tells us we came from the water. Let’s return to use our old home.

The point breakdown:
Create or summon water - 10
Control it’s shape - 20
Telekineticaly move it -30
Surround yourself in it and breath - 20
Use it as a portal - 30
Mix it with fire with out destroying one or the other - 40

Don’t forget those 30 and 10 point bonuses :smile:

The deadline will be 3:00AM GMT Saturday, March 22

Sorry, just that i cant really post unless i have something to contribute, havent been lucid since my one before the task started (yet another moment of poor timing)

Sorry I missed the deadline…again!! tuts
Ahem…

I’m back on the Island I’d…well…fled to from the other task…and sulking in front of the dead bonfire ‘we’ had made…I (finally) remember the task…I look at my hands (surprisingly accurate might I add winks) and focus all of my energy to the palms of them…they begin to glow…they are getting really hot and prickly until finally whoosh fire…grins harhar!! At this point I am VERY pleased with myself but quickly calm down because I can feel the stability of the dream crumbling slightly… I fire the fire (woops, bad english!) into the corners of my vision to try and ‘stick’ the dream together…everything feels more safe now…(but I do admit, a bit hotter!! laughs) and I move it back…ooh! grins I’m liking the power here!! :cool: Suddenly, it burns me…‘ow!’ and with my pain it turns purple…(hmm…how boring and irrelavent!) ooh yeah! Got to turn it black… I focus my energy again…aaand…hooray!! Black!!

Then, it suddenly jumps out of my hands and starts running (its a deer!!) along the beach…“Hey! Wait up!!” I cry…I’m gliding along beside it laughing…its beautiful…truely stunning…but it’s running to fast…I can’t keep up…I can barely see it now in the distance.

“STOP” I shout…it stops…but its no longer a deer…in front of me I can see an archway…it has writing all around it…but not in a language I know…I put my hand through the archway…its cold the other side…I don’t want to leave…I can see the deer playing on the other side…its calling me, beckoning me…but I’m scared…
“Come back!!” I call…but its running away…it wants me to follow it…but I’m too scared…“No…” I cry…but its too late…with my sadness the portal is closing…and I’m am left alone…I wake myself up…

1. Tundra - 540
  2. Serith - 380
  3. dreamwarrior
  4. Wyrmfell
  5. LordLeckie
  6. Darkdude
  7. Kza
  8. Doson
  9. Morpheus_Wuz_here
  10. Magnus

Task 7 - The Final Battle
Every adventure must end in some satisfyingly epic final battle.

The point breakdown:
Find some minor enemies - 10
Battle them - 15
Win - 15
Find your major enemy - 15
Battle it physically - 20
Battle it diplomatically - 20
Battle it mentally (Telepathy!) - 25
Defeat it - 20
Reap in the rewards (treasure, princess, eternal peace?) - 20

Tis is the final task, so really go for it all!

The deadline will be 3:00AM GMT Tuesday, March 25

wow… this is certainly exciting!! Finally… a chance to let rip!! grins

Last call for dreams! The final deadline is in 1 hour!

Post now or lose your points.

And the final scores…

1. Tundra - 540
  2. Serith - 380
  3. dreamwarrior
  4. Wyrmfell
  5. LordLeckie
  6. Darkdude
  7. Kza
  8. Doson
  9. Morpheus_Wuz_here
  10. Magnus

Tundra Wins! :yay: Congrats and good job to everyone else who participated!

Awww!! wavesarmswidly

Thank you…grins

I wasn’t ‘strong’ enough to do that last challenge…but I’ll make a point of doing it and posting it in my DJ… thanks…this has actually helped a heck of a lot…I owe you…smiles

This was fun, and it caused me to have a lot more lucid dreams than normal. How long until the next challenge?

I would have liked to do the last task, but unfortunately the end of spring break messed up my sleep cycle a lot, so I haven’t even been able to remember my dreams, much less become lucid. Hopefully by the next challenge I’ll have adjusted to waking up early again.

grins know the feeling!! :happy:

I am very pleased to have had you to give me motivation Serith!! :happy:

The wait until next challenge is until Tundra starts the next Topic and 10 people have signed up.
The prize for winning this competition is ofcourse to get to host the next one but if Tundra doesn’t want to host he/she who came second can host and so on.

So we wait for you Tundra to start the next topic :smile:

Wow!! now I feel special…do I set the tasks and everything???

WOWOWOW! gaspswithdelight

when ever you do start it Tundra sign me up straight away!
pleads to Tundra