The Tetris Effect

DUDE, I dream about StarCraft all the time. However, mine always feel really important and if I don’t defeat the enemies, I will disappoint my troops. :cry:

Anytime I dream about games, most of the time I am INSIDE of them and not playing them with a keyboard or controller but even if I do have something in my hands, I still feel like I am IN the game.

I also dream about Diablo 2, Quake, and Left 4 Dead which is a bit more threatening. I open doors, monsters come, I try to escape, but more monsters are just around the corner ready to attack. Lol. I’m not sure how I ever get past these obstacles but they are rather frightening at the time.

In case you haven’t seen it already (Yeah, I am making a little bit advertisement here), there is a induction technique that is using this (See my signature).

Feel free to join in! :content:

Bluemoon, its not spam to link to threads within the forum :tongue:

I rather see it as a good idea that you use this “tetris effect” and make a new induction method of it :cool_laugh:

Yeah, I posted in the topic :razz:
As soon as I read that I was like wow, I just made a thread about that! lol

I dreamt about a software , not a game :tongue: .
I’m doing 3D for 2 year , and one day , I was creating a 3D space-ship IRL , and I dreamt I continued this space-ship :content: ( With the same software I use IRL :grin: ) .
And sometimes I can use the arrow keys to control my DC’s :rofl:

I have very often experimented the tetris effect but in my normal dreams only, not yet in a LD.

I thought it was very common phenomenon, isn’t it?

To become lucid in such a dream, I would say, you have to play with the tetris effect by introducing LD’s habits in it (RC, etc). That is the key point, I would say. :tongue:

You can also become LD-addicted (the best way to my mind) in order to use all the poser of the tetris effect for LD :smile:

That have happened to me too :razz: I use my WoW-keybindings to do spells in my LD’s! (so far with only one spell). It’s my hand feels exactly like if i would press that keybinding IRL.

i play runescape to pass time, omg thats effected my dreaming hardcore o0

Tonight i had a LD with elements from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed which I completed a week ago and haven’t played since then.

I think this tetris effect isn’t only about video games.
For example people starting with graffiti also start to see their sourroundings differently, so when they look at a bridge or something wich before was only a bridge then becomes a couple of spots you can paint on.

As another good example for people who know Mirrors Edge, the red glow of obstacles you can use is a substitute for the natural sight of such things Traceurs get.

It’s not… Didn’t you read the definition in the first post?

It’s funny that I’ve been two weeks getting back into my lucid quest, but my dreams show no sign of this. Yet if I play a videogame on friday, that night I dream about it, even tough I don’t think about it the whole week.

I have had a number of videogame related dreams but it only happens when im OBSESSED with the game for a number of days as in I do almost nothing but play it. Most of the time I find them annoying because they feel like work…

first time i noticed i was lucid i was doing my tag on the back seat of a bus, when i noticed my graffiti i woke up and knew i was lucid for that mere aecond lol

Lol i ve played a lot of video games in my dreams ! The last one was Naruto xD Yes i play a lot video games and that’s why i dream about them, once i dreamed about Mario, Zelda!
That’s actually cool but never been lucid in them :meh:

I had this too! I thought I was the only one!

I had a period of playing HGSS for about 3 weeks then I could faintly hear the sound of it in my head when sitting still. I told my friends about it, and they thought it was kind of weird, because it had never happened to them before, but we ended up joking about it.

Sorry for digging up old topic but I didn’t want to create new one and litter community with posts with the same title.
I thought about Tetris Effect and came to a weird idea which works for me: what if we create a world and engage in it, put there lucidity signs which later will show in dream? It has basis in Tetris Effect beacuse we put engagement and emotions in dour idea. This is weird but works for me especially during naps
Did somebody triy it?

1 Like

What most of this topic revolves around is that you will dream about what you engage in in waking life. I guess you could call that a classic DILD? In some extreme form it if called VILD, I guess you could say. So yeah, that will generally work. In relationship to games there have also been a couple of attempts. If you search the forum you will also find some topics where people tried to create games that should help you induce lucid dreams. I also played one or two of those but wasn’t very susceptible :joy: The links probably won’t work anymore though, but you could try to find them.

1 Like

Thats’s funny, I also consider it as VILD or DILD, I could name it engaged VILD cause there alre also emotions here (I guess emotions makes difference) especially beacuse I do it before dream and visualize it

love new members bumping old posts. it means you have been looking at older topics …we have a wealth of topics to read. As long as you add to the content it is awesome

1 Like