Through the mirror...

I never got far enough to go through the mirror. The one time I was gonna do it but my image in the mirror was too messed up for me to want to continue. One side of my body was fine, but the other side was kindof half melted and drippy and my eye was hanging out of it socket down to my neck. Needless to say this scared me out of the bathroom and I went on to pursue other endeavors.

You are absolutely right, Nice Dream. Mirrors are extremely dangerous. Every time I pass one by, I find my eyes are drawn to it as if by magic to check my reflection. :tongue:

(Or maybe I’m just extra vain.)

The Mickey Mouse cartoon is titled Thru the Mirror!

In case anyone wants to know. It has a pretty good dream sequence.

I agree with wolf, if you are expecting something ominous to happen, it will. :scared: I agree that certain objects, especially in dreams, seem to have more power or significance-but, ultimately, in your dreams you are the one in control. It might even be fun to try (I’ve never thought of it before, and have a bit of a Through the Looking Glass fascination). Simply mentally protect yourself beforehand. Happy Dreaming. :ok:

There was a thread about mirrors and LD’s. I merged the both.

iwe been fornt of da mirror many times… thing what u can see is shokin some times :cool: but now im use 2 it !!! every time when i go go through mirror place where i land is different… :content: u can go to 1 lucid crossroad though mirror !!1 its quite funzy Liqid!! :tongue:

It was really hard for me to go through the mirror at first, but I decided that it shouldn’t be, and then it went smoother.
When I got through I was in a womb. I saw a featus, and I think I was it. A speakervoice spoke of “the miracle of life”, like in a documentary. I wasn’t very lucid, and I don’t know what would have happened if I had been. It was really cool walking through a mirror, though.

When I ran through a mirror once, I just was shot back out. I was disappointed, so I was going to run back in, but I turned around and the mirror was on the ceiling. Then I looked around and noticed everything was changed. Like my bed was floating and my Tv was spinning around. I wanted to see what DC’s looked like, but I woke up.

I’ve only stepped through a mirror once…I ended up in a strange place, it looked like it was built out of the sides of a cube/block or something, all of the “benches” stuck out of the wall and were made of the said wall, and everything was either solid yellow, blue, or red. The ceiling was very pretty though, it was black with a few stars and swirling ribbons of color.

Wouldn’t mind seeing that sky again. :content:

Merged into another “Through the mirror” topic.

I have a question regarding jumping through mirrors during lucid dreams. the first couple of times i tried it i was immediatly sucked into what felt like a black hole and seemingly spat out into a very strange and interesting place to explore. these places have included strange rooms with intricate patterns covering the walls and ceiling filled with objects i have never seen before. also huge cities of the future and of the past, completely detailed and living with hundreds of people going about their daily business. i have also been transported to battle grounds where cosmic futeristic wars are being played out.

my question lies in the problem i am having. since these first 4 or 5 experiences of jumping through the mirror, every time i try it now i just fall into black space and wake up. or i fall back out of the mirror. the black hole suction and transportation is not happening anymore. the times where it worked i did not really think of anything except of what iv heard happens when you jump through a mirror (when hearing about it, it was top on my list to try when i was learning to become lucid) and it just happened. its almost as if now when i see a mirror i take it for granted that something mystical is going to happen, and then nothing ever does.

does anybody know any tricks to fix this? do i need to specifically concentrate on anything? when i try to jump in a mirror now, i am waiting for the intense suction type transportation feeling to happen and it just never does and i either wake up or fall out of the mirror.

help would be appreciated thankyou for reading.

since dreams are only limited by our imagination, maybe your subconsciousness is just out of ideas and you should try imagining during the day and before you go to sleep what would be fun when you cross the mirror or even just expect something you cross the mirror

expand your imagination by writing ideas down. I sound like an English teacher lol

ConstantDreamer :grin:

This black space is known as the “black void” or “pitch black”. You can find some threads about it on the forum. It’s the mental space where the dream appears. By the way, it’s not necessarily black, it can be white, greyish, colored, etc. This can happen in other circumstances like teleporting.

You have to do something when you are into it cause you can lose lucidity. I think a good thing would be rubbing your hands: it’s a stabilizing technique, so you are less likely to wake up. And it generally makes a dream reappear.

Good luck! :smile:

now that you mention it basilus, it has been white once. and a very very bright white. for a moment i thought i was dead and then i woke up feeling like id SEEN THE LIGHT!

the thing is though, my first experience through a mirror happened in a normal dream. do you guys remember duke nukem 3d? well i remember it being one of the first games ever to actually have a mirror. anyway in my dream i was jetpacking around shooting aliens and i came to the mirror and just jumped through. this was before i had even HEARD about this site, jumping through mirrors or lucid dreaming all together. it took me a while to realise what had happened in the morning. at first i only remembered the second half of the dream, the place where it had taken me, because it was so breathtaking. then i remembered the duke nukem dream before that thinking they were 2 seperate, and then i remembered the mirror.

the thing is i have tried it 10-20 times since the magic few times that it worked, with no success. svavrg, if you experienced any of my normal dreams, you would not say i am out of imagination, they are truly crazy :happy: when i become lucid and try to jump into a mirror the thoughts in my mind play out something like this:

“hey im lucid. im gunna go exploring this time. hey look a mirror! maybe it will work this time!” then i head straight for the mirror, jumping through. thoughts: “oh maybe its not going to work again” and then i am stuck halfway through the mirror, and get spat out.

it plays out something like that.

maybe because the first couple of times it happened (except for the first one) i KNEW something was going to happen, something crazy and a lot of fun (from what i had read on this site it was one of my biggest goals to do) and since it didnt work once (when i was more trying to jump into a black reflection in a computer screen or tv screen) it hasnt worked since.

thank you for your responses, i will try writing some ideas down and before i jump, thinking of them.

To me it has helped to say out loud, right before i plan on entering the mirror, something like: “This mirror is a portal!” or “this mirror is a portal to (wherever you want to go)!” If it doesn’t work the first time, just try and say it a couple of times, perhaps shouting is better if that doesn’t work. That has really worked for me, so it might be worth a shot :wink:

And oh yes, concentrating on what you expect to happen when you try to enter it really helps to (unless you want something unexpected to happen ofcourse)

thankyou, from peoples responses i am beginning to gather that i must think of something.

i say though, it was very very interesting to just jumped through knowing SOMETHING was going to happen, and be transported to some random place of my imagination.

you are right about the unexpected. thinking about the place its going to take me? i may as well just visualise that place and spin around or something, instead of jumping through the mirror.

oh well thanks guys

The first time I went through the mirror in a LD I ended up floating in a dark space full of bright shiney liquid shattered mirror vision. I can’t really describe it, I tried to make an illustration in photoshop but it was impossible…
Anyway, I woke up after just a few seconds.

Second time I went through the same mirror I just came out the same side of the mirror I went into, or an exact copy of the room.

when i go through a mirror i usually go some place really scary and then im stuck there there even whaen im lucid so i usually dont go through a mirror. and i also look insane or creepy when i look at myself in the mirror. :eek:

Last time I tried going through a mirror, I just came out the other side… nothing special.