Time Control

I want to control time more than anything.

Think about it. If you can control time in your dream, you can maybe lucid dream, for infinite ammounts of time!

But I don’t want things around me going faster than me, or me walking or doing stuff faster, no. I want to be able to make my mind go faster, (or something like that) without me realizing it, so I can spend days, months, maybe even years in one single dream.

I don’t want it be like a coma, where you won’t be able to wake up, I want it to be like every 1 hour of real time, it’s 1 day in a lucid dream. You will probably be waked up eventually, but just think of the endless possiblities.

This is why I want to try time control first, more than anything.

Does anyone think this is possible?

i’m pretty sure that someone already posted a topic like this one, about if it was possible to deram for 100 years in a single night. I personally think that its possible, but not in as large amounts of time as a year. And even then i think its because we percieve a dream to span say a week. In reality its only probably about an hour, but the dream makes you think and truly believe its been a week, this could be lightly connected to False Memories.

What you are talking about is creating a time shift within your dream. Theoretically it is more than possible. Even though I haven’t even had my first real lucid dream - discounting an extremely vivid dream I had back in late March or early April of 1990 that I can still recall as if it had happened just last night - I will say that you are selling yourself short.

Anything is possible in a dream. If you want to create a time shift in your dreams why not go whole hog and try for 60 years of dream time for ever second of real time? This way, if, for example, you were trying to learn a new language you could go to sleep and spend 60 years learning that language in your dream and wake up being able to speak, read and write that language as fluently as a native, dialect and all.

Brent

This sounds exciting, and quite helpful in memorization, as Brent Braten said. But it might be a little difficult. I have heard that in the LD state time tends to be more in a real-time scale. So you might have to work on this quite a bit.

However, if you’re willing to settle for normal dreams, (yeah right :tongue: ) I have heard accounts of people having dreams that they’re living completely different lives for years on end, just to wake up really confused. :grin:

That’s awesome. Instead of trying to do spinning on axis, and rubbing hands for prolonging a dream, why not just make the dream infinitely long until you want to wake up. Like Brent said, anything is possible in a dream.

I’ve heard of the person who supposedly had a 100 yr dream but I’m not sure that’s possible. I mean it’s possible to have a long dream like maybe a week but I don’t know about longer than that. Anyways what I know is definitely not possible is learning a language in a dream. You can do anything in a lucid dream but your mind has no information about the language you’re trying to learn.

I’ve had moderate success with slowing down time in my dreams, experiencing around an hour in roughly ten minutes of real time. However, I do not believe it possible to massively extend a dream past a certain point. The neurons in your brain can only fire so fast, and you have to remember that it is your brain creating the dream in the first place. So, while it definitely is possible to extend time, there is a limit to how extended you can go.

I’m not so sure about that. It depends on how much the subconscious has picked up. Like if you’re in a foreign country for just a few days and have been around lots of people. Or, if you’re studying a language in school and you know all the words and grammar but have trouble stringing it all together. My NDs have given me a lot of confidence recently in my Spanish-speaking skills. However, I have been learning Spanish over the course of… nearing 6 years. :tongue:

BTW: in my LD last night, I considered slowing down time so I could safely practice driving. I absolutely hate driving, and I don’t even have my license yet, but in a lucid dream I wouldn’t be a nervous. :shy: (of course, I lost lucidity before I could attempt this. :sad: )

I do believe this you say is possible, just not sure how to do it or how long the dream would extend. I saw some info about this in a website (web-us.com/lucid/luciddreamingFAQ.htm), it says something about spinning some piramyds to slow down time in question 2.23. When I attain lucidity I will test it to see if it works.

yea there was a article somewhere on the net that some guy spent 100 years in his lucid dream while he was only asleep for 8 hours so yea that would be AWESOME! search google if u want more information about that

If you can perceive time differently in real life (time seems slower or faster), then it is most likely possible in a dream. Maybe not 100 years slower, but a day longer seems to truly be possible.

Well if it is possible to have a 100-yr dream can you imagine what it would be like when you woke up. It’d be like you hardly remember your real life. That would be so trippy. I mean after 100 years you’d be more used to the dream world than reality and then you realize oh, wait this is my real life.

That’s what I was thinking. It would be crazy.

But it can kinda go both ways.

Can you, or can you not dream for 100 years? If you can dream for 1 week, then what’s the difference? You can do anything in a dream, right?

But on the other hand, wouldn’t you wake up, or like wyrmfell said, your brain might not be able to process it all that fast.

There is only one way to find out. :happy:

We’re still talking about LDs, right? Because in a normal dream you can have those false memories that might make you think you’ve been dreaming for 100 years.

[/quote]
That’s what I was thinking. It would be crazy.

But it can kinda go both ways.

Can you, or can you not dream for 100 years? If you can dream for 1 week, then what’s the difference? You can do anything in a dream, right?

But on the other hand, wouldn’t you wake up, or like wyrmfell said, your brain might not be able to process it all that fast.

There is only one way to find out. :happy:
[/quote]

that would be crazy! like u do something so bad in RL when u wake up and then u remember that its not a dream anymore! that would be bad! :bored:

Maybe you would wake up but who knows! :content:

Done it a few times. My LD-naturally friend has gone 2 weeks before waking up.

I don’t understand how this works anyway since REM sleep works in cycles and you’re not dreaming the whole time you’re asleep.

2 weeks? Man, that would be awesome. I’m definitely doing this tonight.

It sounds really cool =D
But i don’t think I would like to go 100 years in a dream :razz:

This is one of the things I soooo much want to do. I have had a regular dream where it seemed and felt like years. I met a girl, got married, had a home and children, friends. When I first woke up I wasn’t sure where or when I was. But I think it was like what Hunaynay said and just “false” memories.

Now to have a Lucid Dream and expeience a whole life time there would just be simply incredible!