Time it takes to induce WILD/MILD

Hey, I’ve been interested in lucid dreams for quite a while now, but I have only had 3 real ones. I have seen some dreamsigns then realized I was dreaming, but woken up in the excitement many times.
I have tried the WILD technique two or three times at night, and maybe once in the morning, with little success. I will wait while what feels like energy pulses through my from my toes upwards. It usually takes about 25 minutes before it gets to my knees, and then I usually decide to try WILD in the morning and give up.
For the last couple of mornings I will set my alarm for 5:00 AM, and wake up having remembered my dream, and tried to do a MILD. I will close my eyes and try to imagine the dream I was in as vividly as possible. I don’t see anything except the blackness behind my eyelids, and in a matter of seconds, the next thing I know I am waking up from a non lucid dream in the morning.
I am guessing that if I keep my mind awake longer I might have more success, but I was hoping I could get some tips and maybe how long it takes you to achieve a MILD or WILD (in minutes)
Thanks!! :help:

It’s ok. This happens to everyone. The excitement wakes them up,
Okay but… for WILD…I’ve never actually been able to do this straight from going to bed, but it actually is my most common method if I am going back to sleep after waking up early in the morning or something. If you really want to have an LD; I really think the fastest method to try is the WBTB. I remember Laberge talking about MILD a lot though…that never really did anything for me, but maybe I’m not doing it right.

Your best bet right now, if you have trouble staying concious while going to sleep, is WBTB and MILD.

WILD can take years to master, some people catch onto it fast, but from your explanation it looks like WILD will take alot longer than simply doing WBTB and MILD everynight, do plenty of RCs during the day too :smile:

Thanks guys, I never have tried WBTB, so I guess il try that as soon as I can.

Okay, so I tried WBTB at 3:45 to 4:20 AM, I got out an OBE book by Robert Bruce and went to the lucid dreaming section and read it all. I had a feeling I would have a LD, and I was confident I would, but I woke up without having one. I was wondering if I maybe should read something more lucid dream oriented, or read for longer. The only problem was I had school at 8:00, so I didnt want to stay up that long. Now since tomorrow is saturday, I am going to read for about an hour.