Trouble with MILD

Hi
I’m relatively new to lucid dreaming although I have had one or two before.
A while ago I started using the MILD method to become lucid, I’ve made sure to perform reality checks throughout the day and I have followed all the steps.
The problem is that I remember to do a reality check in my dream and I do become aware that I am dreaming but I seem to be having a lot of trouble changing the dream.
For example, last night I remember that in my dream I became aware that I was dreaming but I couldn’t change anything in the dream, I tried to make a certain character present in the dream but it didn’t work. Another time I tried to give myself a sword in the dream but it I just couldn’t seem to get it.
If anyone could tell me where I am going wrong and how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

I think it needs practice… This has happened to me too… But I’m not sure.

Being lucid does not mean that you will be able to control the dream. Dream control is something you have to learn by practice seperately. I strongly advice you to read this guide: Dream Control Training Course
Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for the link to the guide. I’ll make sure to take a read through it when I get the chance.