Unable to do WILD

I try doing the relaxation techniques when I get in bed. I concentrate on my breathing and relax my muscles until I can barely feel as if they’re there. I try to silence my thoughts, but I keep playing music in my head… After about 20 or 30 minutes, my eyes feel as if they’re twitching. When that happens, I can feel my heartbeat getting faster and I can see dull flashes of light. However, it only lasts for about 15 seconds and then stops. I then lie there for another 15 or 20 minutes and then nothing happens, so I turn over on my side and just fall asleep normally.

Am I doing anything wrong or should I just have to lie still for another hour? Is it supposed to take that long?

hmm i would say even an hour wait is to short, the REM state of sleep(deep sleep) usually takes about 2-3 hours which is when you will start to see images focus on them then you will find yourself in a dream

which is why WBTB is pretty much NEEDED for WILD…

yeah its ALOT easier with the WBTB method, usually i just set my alarm clock to a specific time then wake up, read something for about 30 mins and go back to bed, this will GREATLY inscrease your chances of a ld, just use the WILD method after your done with WBTB

sapmangat said:

I think that there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. With WILD you do not wate until REM starts. You try to go directly from awake to dream sleep. This can be REM dream sleep ( Normaly the best and clearest dream sleep ) but can also be nonREM sleep. If you are doing WILD when you first go to bed, then you will not normaly go into REM sleep, and the WILD will not work very well. When you fist go to sleep, you generaly go through stages of deep sleep without dreams befor comming into a REM sleep stage. This makes it very hard to WILD then. After you have been sleeping for about six hours, if you wake up you can go directly into REM sleep. That is why WBTB with WILD or MILD works better. There is less time between what you do and the dream state. Basicly WILD’ing when you go to bed is a fight agenst your bodys need for deep sleep. It is much easyer to work with your body when trying to LD.
don

Don just hit the nail on the head with that last sentence. Couldnt have phrased it any better.

Yes well said don.