unicorns 2012 are we ready?

does anyone know what a unnicorn means in dreams. ive been having a reacouring dream of a black unicorn with a glowing left eye she told me once that all religions were her bitch lol. i was surprised that unicorrns are mentioned iin the bible. i took it as an apocoliptic dream. ive been dreaming alot about the end of the world, and 2012. i believe our days are numbred, and we should start taking this2012 thing serious. which is to say start enjoying life as much as you can. i look at everything in my life as a spiritual sign. i disscovred ld4all about 5 years ago, and i joined coincidently on 12\12\04. my eigth aniversery will be on 12\12\12. so i allso saw that as a sign… so. i didnt get a warm fuzzy feeling from this unicorn like you might excpect. it was the oposite. i felt the unicorn represented evil.

I like the message that this leads you to, “start enjoying life as much as you can.”

I’m not a ‘religious’ person, per se, but in the past 15 years, I’ve seen a pattern of EotW (End of the World) motifs. I think, as creatures capable of understanding that some day we will in fact pass on, that it is only natural to incorporate these feelings into a sense of the overall plan of things.

This post hit me a little funny as well, because an hour ago I was contemplating what the world would be like, if people, on a regular basis, believed that all the creatures they might meet in a dream were “real”, such that, angels and demons passing messages that would frighten a person into acting one way or another, for some reason or another, even if these things merely be a manifestation of some subconscious fear/desire. (or an overabundance of media in a certain motif)

The scientific revolution has done wonders for our species in bringing a level of understanding and comfort in our waking worlds. It has also brought a skepticism with it. Though often warranted and healthy, I think this skepticism sometimes oversteps it’s bounds and brings a false confidence in our world around us, as there are things that we as yet do Not know, and things we may never know. Religion can help put us back in touch with this sense of the worldly mysteries, explain the unexplained and unexplainable.

I also like to remember that without a sense of evil, we would not have a sense of good. ‘All religions are the *** of an evil unicorn’, that’s a very rich symbol, lol. In a world where god is normally male, human-shaped, and wrapped in white, you have a female, beast, and black… Where religion is sacred knowledge passed from god through prophets, or merely excrement of evil.

As for the symbolism of a unicorn, I believe they, generally, represent strength, endurance, and masculinity. A very masculine horn, on what otherwise is a horse, strong and enduring. Independent and willful though, not a beast to be ridden or chained as a work-horse.

Black I personally tend to be a protective color, the womb of space gathering us all, and a color that absorbs in all spectrum of light, but I can understand others not feeling the same.

The left eye glowing makes me think of the right/left symbolism from psychology, namely right = rational, left = creative/imagination; Although with the other feelings in your dream, perhaps indicative of the unicorn following a ‘left-hand’ path.

History has given us plenty of reoccurring nightmares. War, Disease, etc… but I like to hope and have faith, that as in turning a dream or nightmare into lucidity, we have the ability to recognize the dream, and then go about changing it rather than succumbing to it. Prophecy may be heavily linked to 2012, but I still believe we can awaken to the dream of life, and alter the course the fears would have us go.

Sorry for rambling so much beyond the question of your post :eek:
Hope it helps some anyway :smile:

Made me think of this poem by Dylan Thomas:

And death shall have no dominion.
Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan’t crack;
And death shall have no dominion.

I thought the descriptions of the medieval torture, followed by that odd phrase “unicorn evils” meant something about the Papacy or the Inquisition (the unicorn being a ‘pure, holy’ animal in the myths)… but it was never a formal interpretation class.

Unicorns are also supposed to be related to the moon… we know of the “maiden” moon or crescent, mother or full moon, and the crone moon which is another crescent, but the Fourth face/phase is never shown. Perhaps it’s also the dark side of the moon. That the left eye was glowing, leads me to think it’s dominant in the receptive or submissive, secret and dark ways of the mind and the world. I thought you might like this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=IDarIMDWwfs

Could also just be a night-mare.

seriously dudes, stop it with all this 2012 and unicorns stuff. I think you are reading things that arent there into it. A dream comes from some suspect mindframes. Nobody can prophesise. Least of all the subconcious. The scientific method is your best baloney detector. Otherwise you will get lost in the myre of speculative thinking which has bogged down humanity for thousands of yrs. No?..

Hypothesizing is speculative, is it not?

"There are many hypotheses in science that are wrong. That’s perfectly all right; it’s the aperture to finding out what’s right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny.

The worst aspect of the Velikovsky affair is not that many of his ideas were wrong or silly or in gross contradiction to the facts; rather, the worst aspect is that some scientists attempted to suppress Velikovsky’s ideas. The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or in politics, but it is not the path to knowledge and there is no place for it in the endeavor of science. We do not know beforehand where fundamental insights will arise"

– Carl Sagan

That last sentence in the quote is certainly true in dream interpretation. I’m definitely no conspiracy theorist, but if it takes up as much of Kava’s psyche, then aren’t we all here to bounce ideas off each other?

To think scientifically means never getting to say, “Would you just shut up already, and don’t even think of mentioning that garbage ever again!”

BS. The world will NOT end in 2012. This is just some crazy movie writers story, not to be taken seriously. And about that unicorn-you’re having nightmares.

Actually, 2012 is the end of the mayan calendar.
Which is where the “end of the world” theories come from.
Personally, I think the mayans just realised that calendar making is a lame hobby.

I don’t believe 2012 is the end of the world at all.

It just doesn’t make sense.

Ive seen at the cinema commercial about a film called 2012, and it is about the Apocalypse. Personally I dont think its the end of world either, people are taking this wrong :shrug:

Even if the world did end, the ground wouldn’t collapse like in the movie.

Earth can’t really collapse randomly, something extremely catastrophic must happen first.

No, I think that the mainstream science is to blame for the mess in the world, and the halt of spiritual growth (which is far more important than economical). Have you read “Holographic universe” or similar. The science only convinced people that this material world is all that exists and then people started being lame and plain stupid, capitalism got a kick start , and everything went to hell.
If people where more into a freedom of thought than living in their I’m-in-a-box mindsets the world would be quite more pleasant place.

Don’t get me wrong but scepticism is rather depressing way to live a life, and i don’t tend to even speak with sceptical people, but since we here are one nice community i thought i can express my opinion on that topic.

As for 2012, there wasn’t prophesised(spell?) the end of the world, but the end of the world as it is now. Maybe the society will change in some way but i really don’t expect anything of it.

I think 2012 is a new beginning.
Not the end. :smile:

But every moment is both an end and a new beginning. :eh: Isn’t it? I don’t see the fuss with all these arbitrary markers, I was just interested in the dream symbolism.

I just thought I’d throw this in: The original skeptics, the Skeptikoi, lived by the philosophy that they will never make assertions. If you never say that either this or that is true or false, then you’ll never be wrong.

I think that’s difficult lifestyle to keep up, and it would depress me to have to do so, but it’s a far cry from skeptics nowadays, which seem to mean “someone who thinks they’ll be protected from criticism by being a big enough jerk.” This definition would shame the original philosophers!

Today I had a lucid dream and I asked a DC when is the world going to end.

There were these digits changing…getting bigger…and it stopped at 2012.
But I thought that it couldn’t be true and I didn’t believe it and the DC smiled and said: ‘‘just kidding.’’

The numbers started getting bigger.It stopped again at 2100-something.I thought ‘‘Nah, why does it have to be so soon? I think it’s bigger’’ (not exactly this, but something similar).

And the digits finally stopped at 3100-something.
Well, obviously, I forced the digits, and I think it would stay at 2012…
But what the hell, I don’t believe him anyway

You guys should watch this youtube.com/watch?v=Rq3s0u73Oes

i agree with this,be it good or bad something big is going to START on December 21st 2012,but i also believe its up to us if its going to be good or bad,maybe even a self-fulfilling proficy(spell?),
ex. so many people believe that after 2012 it wont matter so they(the general public)rack up so much debt that the economy deteriorates to the point of no return,also i’ve got a theory about Obama,the new(ish) us president if you didnt know, but its heard to explain with out sounding racist,so ill just shut up(im not a racist by the way,if you were wondering)but its more about the state of the public here(the US) than anything.

but i believe We(the human race)have been in this situation before,WW2 comes to mind.
Our Fate is in our hands,always has always will be.
people like Nostradamus just see the patten,nothing mystic,group psychology on a massive scale if you will,i
choud go on but this post is starting to get long

to the skepticks of 2012 it seems to me that there is just as much of a chance that something could happen rather it be the end, or a spiritual awakening as much of a chance that nothing will happen. theres probley a slightly bigger chance of something happenibg given the condition of our planet, and sociiety itself. what do you have to loose by believing. have a open mind, and learn from your dreams. prepair yourself, and if nothing happens then you can rub it in the face of the believers, but until then hop on board the crazy train, and enjoy the ride. just watch ouut for evil unicorns.

The Mayans did not predict the end of the world in 2012, they predicted a new age. A few years ago I had a dream about the end of the world on December 12th 2012. I was in my house watching CNN, Paris, France on the ocean, possibly due to climate change, and an oil tanker came into the harber and exploded. The resulting fire burned the entire city to the ground.The attack was blamed on an Russia, Iran and Venezuela and the US declared war to protect its ally. But Venezuela had nuclear weapons and attacked the US with them. On the television, the news scroll on the bottom of the screen said “The World will end on December 14th” and I could’t see the year but I think its 2012. After history’s shortest war, I was one of the survivers and the world was very green, the survivers split into three camps, the intelligent, the strong and the melovolent. I was one of the intelligent. But the strong and intelligent were allied with God and we were preparing for a final battle with evil. The scary thing is that this year, years after the dream, Venezuela started a nuclear program. :eek:

King of Dreams, that’s a truly detailed political dream! If it ever comes true (hope it doesn’t), I’ll hunt you at the intelligent band and will keep near you :content:

And “the scary thing” is indeed scary!

if you want to know what is going to happen to world watch (its supernatural - john paul jackson) on youtube. please note that there is a old episode that doesnt talk about 2012. be sure to keep an open mind. this is a proven profet. he predicted the space shutle crashing b4 it happened and nasa wouldnt listen to him when he tried to warn them