URGE to move during sleep

So when I’m lying in my bed trying to fall asleep, I would get this tremendous urge to move my entire body. It feels like a warm tingle (kind of uncomfortable) starting from the stomach area and gradually spreading from there until I become overwhelmed and start to toss and turn.

How can I prevent this (or at the very least reduce) this odd sensation from happening?

It’s probably better to move if you really feel you need to do it.
If you attempt WILD then I believe what is meant by “not moving” is simply that you shouldn’t move if you don’t absolutely have to.

My advice would be to go ahead and move and not worry about it. It’s going to be very hard to fall asleep if you’re uncomfortable. I also believe the state of mind is more important than the state of your body. So I’d recommend trying to do what feels natural to you.

If you don’t like that approach, I do know one thing that may help prevent the sensation. Whenever you start to feel it you could redirect your focus to something completely different. You could focus your attention to the tips of your fingers, your toes, or the back of your head. By redirecting your attention you may overcome the “roll over” sensation.

Hmm… lots of WILD topics lately. As Lucidis said, it’s better to not torture yourself. If you can’t focus because you have to move, nothing’s going to happen. You can avoid a lot of the roll over sensations by going to sleep 4-6 hours before attempting WILD. You’ll fall asleep much faster and the signals will be much more subdued.

Here, this is an article I wrote on WILD a while back. I’d suggest giving it a look, it may help you :content:

[Making WILD your own (updated))