Very unusual repeating dream

I had very wierd dream today. I dont know of to define it a bad dream even though it certainly was bad.so in The dream i was in this other dimension which is very similar to our dimension but is different in s number of ways. First of all it very random and misshaped like the dream world. Secondly everyone had somthing wrong with them, not in a physical sense but in behavior, everyone were part of this dictatorship that was going on and they were all ether violent, unstable or mentally limited in some way. I was in my school and there was this “fun day” going and there were all sorts of games spread across the yard. I knew i was in the other dimension and i didn’t know for sure how to get out( i knew where i needed to get eventually to get out but i didn’t know how to get there). So i started playing some of the games and some to russian people a boy and a girl started competing with me and when i lost i almost got into a fight with the boy. I went away from and i saw to lady friends of mine heading towards an elevator. I went to the elevator and tried to tell them about it, when they didn’t answer i remember saying to myself “oh right, it’s this world”. I got into the elevator with them anyway. At that point i was really scared because i knew i was in a small elevator with to creature that looked like my friends but i didn’t have any idea what are they going to do. Suddenly one of the starts to speak, she sounds like a fire year old speking, and the other one answers her the same way. Then she turns to me and tells me i look pretty, at that point i knew somthing was completely wrong because that spesific friend of mine a d me are always “at war” with each other. I didn’t mind it now though because i knew what this world was already. After a few more minutes on the elevator flying through the and seeing thing forming arond me randomly i couldn’t stand it anymore, i broke down and cried that i want t go home. And that point the elevator stopped where i needed to go in order to get out. Sime sort of console that i need to find my world in it in order to return to it. So i do and awake (before i wake i find that i pressed on the wrong world but that isn’t important. Im absolutly sure that i had this dream before bcause the intire sense of it was familiar and i knew where to go in order to get out. The wierd thing is that i was sure i am in the dreamworld because nothing made sense but when i tried to preform a dream action and do a reality check it failed, just like in Reality. This phenomenon happend in another repeating dream that i had. I was in a room with people that i know and they asked me questions and i got the answers wrong. Eventually i got to some underwater world but i always had to go up and breath air and then the people would come to me and say that i lost the game. This dream repeted four or three times and at the third timei knew i was dreaming when i was in the underwater world so i figured that if i would breath nothing would happen because it’s a dream. So i breathed and the water choked me and i had to go up. Did anything like this happen to anyone before? Can anyone help anslyze this dream?

I don’t know if I can analyze it for you, but I have had dreams repeat three of four times in the same night. For me, it was a labyrinth with monsters, and I also knew it was dream (but only dimly).

I have had fully lucid nightmares in which it was very difficult to change anything. For instance, once, a DC trapped in a dark room and—even though I knew well I was dreaming—I couldn’t get out of the room or wake up for several minutes. I was lucid enough to try many different techniques. I was lucid enough even to calm down, meditate, and try again. But the dream environment simply did not respond to me. Finally, after five minutes, I succeeded in waking up when I manifested a soft light in the air.

Years of lucid dreaming has led me to believe that either:

(1) some dreams are more changeable than others,

or (2) it’s possible to be fully lucid and yet have very little control.

In general, if (2) happens, people usually blame themselves, saying that they weren’t calm enough or didn’t believe enough in themselves, etc. But, in my experience, the Expectation Effect doesn’t rule absolutely in dreams. Somehow, lucidity and control can get teased apart in some dreams.

I think that (1) and (2) can blend too. Think about it…when we’re lucid in a dream, we aren’t actively creating every aspect of the environment. Our subconscious is still doing that. Well, it seems that the subconscious creates some dreams that are more life-like than others, and some have stricter rules than others.

Also, if you accept that dreamers can interact with other worlds, such as the so-called astral planes, then there’s another explanation for you: that sometimes dreamers enter worlds that they didn’t create and cannot control willy-nilly.

But even if you don’t accept that, it’s clear, again, that lucid dreams are not fully generated by the ego.

Seeking interaction with my own subconscious, it’s clear that “sub”-conscious does not mean “un”-conscious. In the last year, I had a lucid dream in which I willingly turned over control to my subconscious, telling it to do whatever it wanted with me. Well, I blacked out and appeared in a new, non-lucid dream. Seemingly, my subconscious had a plan for me on that night, that did not include me being lucid or wandering on my own. I quickly noticed that this had happened—I went lucid again a few moments following the change. Then I spontaneously woke up, as if ejected from sleep.

But elements of your dream are familiar to me. I’ve had one friend, and one acquaintance, tell me about LDs with “consoles” that control the dream environment or perception.

Also, I’ve had the experience of feeling like DCs are not who they should be. I mean, I’m often aware that people in dreams are internally-generated projections, but this is different. It’s difficult to talk about without getting into one’s belief system. Some people believe that all DCs are internally-generated, and some believe that it’s really possible to interact with others’ minds in dreams. And, of course, if the second is possible, then that invites lots of other possibilities.

At the very least, I’d say that your subconscious created an abnormally strong simulation of a World-That-Could-Be. And, a dream in which there’s more tug-of-war than usual between the conscious ego and the subconscious projector, which would explain your difficulty with RCs and the incredibly persistent realness of the dream. (Although, you should keep in mind that dream control is harder when you’re anxious.)

At the most… Who knows. I always take repetition to be important, and assume that there’s a reason my subconscious wants me see something. The most stand-out detail to me, as a reader of your dream, is that everyone was violent or stupid, etc. Everyone was the worst version of their selves. But you weren’t, really.

If you can’t understand the dream completely, at least try to understand it in part. Don’t let yourself fall into the same dark behavior of the people in your dream.