Waking up early in the morning then dreaming

About a month ago, I had a very interesting experience. I woke up about 10-15 minutes before my alarm clock and then went back to bed. I felt very tired but I didn’t feel like going back to bed. When I closed my eyes, I was aware that I was awake then immediately went into a dream. The dream lasted for a couple of minutes then I woke up about 2 minutes before the alarm. I wasn’t aware that I was dreaming and I also couldn’t control anything but it felt very real. The dream was about me chasing a character and I couldn’t catch him. When I woke up I was a little disappointed but I immediately knew that it was dream. Has anyone ever tried this to induce lucid dreams?

if i am reading every thing on this site right i think that would be a WBTB

As bullet25 said, there is a technique known as WBTB that uses a very similar idea to what you describe. The only difference being you generally wake yourself up more than 15 minutes earlier than when you normally wake up. There is a topic about it here The BIG WBTB topic, part III. :smile:

One time. I had a LD in a span of 10 minutes. Then I woke up. I fell asleep, realized it, and woke up in 10 mintutes, before I went to school, it was very strange. :eek:

I didn’t realize it was an actual technique reconized by other people. Thanks :smile:

There are plenty of things you can learn from this site, even without knowing it!!!

:gni: At the begining, all my strongest dreams were accidental WBTB!