Was it a LD? Its started since Ive been on Ritalin!

Hello, Im a 16 yr old Australian who recently started on Ritalin for inattentive ADD. Ive been finding that when I try to take a nap in the afternoon, I would get a tingling sensation and am aware of my body becoming relaxed. After a while I begin to see strange colours. They are generally blues and greens flicking or swirling into the center. Usually when this happens I get worried and wake up. Today I stumbled upon some info about lucid dreaming, and it appears that what I was doing resumbles the WILD method, but I am really unsure. Could someone please give me their opinions on this? For instance, wether or not it sounds like lucid dreaming.

Thanks!

No, that isn’t lucid dreaming - that’s SP or sleep paralysis, along with HI or hypnagogic imagery. You’re hallucinating quite a lot there.

Remember, there’s nothing wrong with it and it won’t harm you. From there, you can visualise something like the “lucid crossroads” (https://mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/Lucidhomepage.htm) and you may enter a dream!

Thanks for the fast reply. Il read up on what you said.

BTW I think I saw ur name on wikipedia somewhere :happy:

[edit]Have you heared of anyone regret practicing lucid dreaming? Im a cautious person.

Yes I hang around on Wikipedia a lot, I did some major work on the lucid dreaming page and now I made a lucid dreaming wikibook - second link in my signature.

Nobody, as far as I know, regrets it - unless they don’t manage, of course. If you persevere you will get them though :smile:.

I don’t think anyone has ever regretted LDing. It’s only real downside is that it can take a long time to get the hang of. it could take you anywhere between a couple of days to a couple of months…

If I get a chance Il try and have one this afternoon. Im expecting my main problem to be remembering dreams, as I dont normally do that at all. Il keep reading. Wish me luck :content:

cow

You were very close though. If you did not get startled and instead let yourself go deeper you may have found yourself on the way to a full blown WILD. You are definitely on the right track so keep it up. The payoff is amazing. When you try to WILD you may experience many strange sensations as you body goes to sleep while you maintain a slight awareness. However, they are nothing to fear. Just try and ignore them and let yourself go deeper by letting go of more of your consciousness.

Good luck. And happy dreaming.