Was this a false awakening?

I remember this one time, around 3 weeks ago. It was the first night I actually tried to lucid dream. I went to sleep and actually had a Lucid dream. Then I remember waking up, looking at the clock and it said like 11:30, I thought it was too early and went back to sleep. Then I woke up again, and saw it said 9:30, I was like… whoa… I must be too tired to actually see the right time.(It was my first day actually knowing what a lucid dream was, so I didn’t know that in dreams the clock changes whenever you look at it). Then I woke up again and it said 12:30. And I went back to sleep, and I woke up and I looked at the clock and it said 10:00. I didn’t go back to sleep and I was kinda freaked out cause the clock had just changed on me like three times. Then looking back at that time, and knowing alot more about lucid dreams then I did that time, (when that happened I didn’t know what a false awakening was) I realized that it was probly a false awakening.

Was it?

It’s rather hard to say from what you’ve put there. Most likely you were looking at your clock in a dream, it was a false awakening. Or you need a new clock. You should do Reality Checks everytime you wake up just in case. I had a similar incedent like this not too long ago. I had set my alarm clock for 4:30 so I could try and have an LD. From what I remember I woke up and my clock said 4:26 so I was reaching over to turn off the alarm and it suddenly went off and I couldn’t turn it off. When I finally did figure out how to turn it off I did a RC and found out that I was in fact in a dream. Woke up tho :eh: