Weird?

So, yesterday night I was in my kitchen with my friend, and suddenly, I turned and looked at my hand. I just kept looking at it and thought it was so weird, and real

Then later that night, I was browsing the web and came across lucid dreaming, which talked about reality checking your hand. I found that so strange… so being the dream lover and day dreamer I am, I decided to try it.

So I started my dream journal and already recorded two dreams in one night! How long should I keep recording my dreams for? Do I start practicing reality checks in my dreams, or can I start WILD? I’ve done some reality checks as well today.

It’s really upto you on how long you keep a DJ, most would say keep a perminant one. I used to do mine sporadically since 1996, now I keep it updated almost daily. The more you do it the better your recall will be overall.

As far as methods for inducing, you can start when you like. There’s no set in stone rule about it, maybe try a few methods over the space of a few weeks and see which give you the best results.

So I could try WILD tonight? Is that a good idea?

Hi LyssyLew, welcome to LD4all! :welcome:

Try reading this topic to see which technique is right for you. :smile:

It’s never too early to start with the techniques! The chances are pretty small you have a LD the first time you try, but at least you practice the technique, right?

If you have a good dream recall I can (due to my very own experiences) recommend RC and dreamsign techniques combined with WILD. If you can p.e. say to yourself “I will wake up after I have dreamt” and do wake up MILD/WBTB may work very well.

Just my own experiences as said, the topic Neko linked will help you too :wink:

I looked at the topic, and it was very helpful! Thanks so much!

I just tried WILD (yay!) for the first time, and it was really cool. I was trying to talk to my SG (I was meditating, and suddenly I got really warm. Is that a sign?) then I got really tired. So I got into bed, and started counting “One I’m dreaming, two I’m dreaming, ect.” My eyelids started going nuts very soon, and I started seeing flashes. Then my body started going numb, and when I tried to move my fingers it took effort. I got to eight hundred and four, then the phone rang. I didn’t know how to tell if I was asleep; how can you tell? And after I go to sleep, where do I go from there?

Awesome attempt LyssyLew, excellent for a first try! At the moment your eyes started going crazy, you were beginning REM sleep (it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re sleeping, but it is a sign of being really close to dreamworld). Although, I wouldn’t normally count that high, I usually count to 100, but that’s just my opinion. Also, don’t mentally exhaust yourself, and excitement can also negatively affect your progress. Just expect that it will happen, and it will (with any luck). :tongue:

But yet again, amazing first go. Keep it up, and I expect that you’ll have a LD very soon! :content:

Thanks! I tried again last night, and again this morning. This morning I’m pretty sure my body was almost entirely numb, but I felt like it took ages to get to that state, is that normal? After I’m numb, or when my legs and arms are numb, what should I do next? Do I imagine something, or do I just keep counting. Do I wait for some sign?

You said that you only count to one hundred, is that all it takes for your body to become numb? What state are you in after one hundred?

Well, I’m not really sure what you should do after that, as I’ve never been able to get further than you have. About the counting, it takes around 100 for me to induce sleep paralysis, but it’s different for everyone, so I suggest that you count up to whatever you feel is right for you. The ability to LD doesn’t just depend on the technique you use, but it also depends on the dreamer. :smile:

Thanks. Sorry, sleep paralysis is when the body numbs right?

Yes, that’s right. :smile:

Wow! Your so lucky your body goes into sleep paralysis so easily!

Do you think I’m doing something wrong? First I feel it in my arms and legs, and my stomach lastly. But my stomach takes so long to numb.

:wave: Hey LyssyLew! When trying WILD, try not to pay attention to your body much. Another thing, when counting, a good idea i beleieve is to count 1 - I am dreaming etc. as you breath each time. That way, you won’t reach a high number and be bored, as well as, you will be more relaxed. Another hard thing to do is to stay relaxed and don’t excite yourself. I’ve been far in WILD before but never into a LD. Another thing, i advise you to try WILD when you feel tired and want a nap in the afternoon or evening, as you reach REM much quicker. The key to WILD is not to see how far you can get, it is to relax, be awake, and hold on until suddenly, you will realise your into a dream! I hope this helps answer some questions Lyssylew. If you have any more problems, you can post them here, or you can even PM me.

When i try WILD , i take deep slow breaths and count 1- i am dreaming, 2- i am dreaming. You will start to realise that you will automatically do that while facing HH or HI. Don’t worry if you take a long time for SP to kick in or if you don’t face HI. Just aim for a lucid dream, don’t aim for SP and then from there to a LD. WILD works diffrently to many people. I hope you get a LD and i hope this helped :happy:

Bye,
Wissam

^Thanks! I feel very encouraged :smile:

So, WILD is more about endurance, right?

Yes, sort of. It’s hard not to be excited, especially when you reach a higher stage and therefore closer to getting a LD, but with time, you will be able to resist excitement and you will do it!!

Here is some more advice :

#1 - NEVER go to sleep just so you can WILD. don’t say “i’m bored, i might as well WILD”

2 - Make sure no one can wake you up when you WILD

#3 - To increase the chances of your LD , why don’t you try looking for some Relaxing Lucid Induction music? It can help keep you relaxed and awake.

By the way, WILD is VERY hard to master , so do not give up if you try so many times and do not fully succed.

Thanks so much! Everyone has been such a great help!