What are some of your personal dreamsigns?

• old building (I used to be a squater and in dreams tend to squat whatever building I can)

What I’m not reading in above posts if peoples dreamsigns have been succesfull in invoking LD’s. (so far mine have not).

I went through my dream journal and discovered that a very common dream sign on my part is large bodies of water. Like a lake, or the ocean. Sometime’s I’m on a boat etc. I’m not all that crazy about going swimming IRL but it seems to be pretty common in my dreams. I almost have one water dream per night. (I had one tonight!)

Another thing I’ve noticed (though it isn’t always the case) is that when I dream that I’m in my room, my bed stands in a different place. It’s up in the corner (where it used to be some years ago). This dream sign, however, is no way nearly as common as the water thing.

I’ve been trying to tell myself that water equals dreaming, but so far it hasn’t worked. Infact, I’ve only had one lucid dream since getting started like 2 weeks ago, and that was because I realized doing magic tricks by just pointing at things just wasn’t realistic. :hmmm: Nothing about water.

Any tips on how I can get lucid next time I have a dream about water?

The best would be something in the MILD style. You imagine or remember your last dream about water, then you visualize yourself realizing that it’s a dream and doing what you planned to do in a LD.

Wow. So many from the list are themes in my dreams. Especially, my reoccuring dream. I often have dreams of being late to school. Its so annoying. I will really make an effort to remember and do RC’s. Often I just watch passivly and get more nervous and anxious as to why I’m late for High School. When really I am in college.
The teeth dream I have had a couple times.
The bathroom one actually too.
It freaked me out.
Sometimes I have exams. [/code]

It was my dog for two days, then she dissappeared from my dreams :sad:

One dream sign that works EVERY single time for me (although it has been rare in recent dreams) is drowning, which leads to breathing underwater.

Also, any time I can’t hear something that normally makes noise I realize I’m dreaming. This seems to work very well for me as almost anything can fall into this category, given the circumstance. It can also show how much detail your brain is currently investing in the dream. :colgate:

I have seen appearences of Counter-Strike 1.6 atleast like once a week in my dreams.

My house from the outside/inside. It’s usually reversed, nonexistent, or just completely random. It’s not at all like my real house, so I can typically judge if I’m dreaming or not by it.

Escalators. Really. Fast. Escalators. They aren’t just fast, they rocket you off the top at the end.

I keep missing them! It’s so annoying! :angry:

The lack of feeling of weight in my feet as a walk. If I can’t feel my feet hitting the ground as I walk, I usually go lucid… but it usually only happens when I’m walking in a dream. I tend to float or just watch a scene in normal dreams, though…XD And I’ve noticed that in one lucid dream, when I went lucid 3 times, that small round flashing lightbulbs would appear around the border of doors and such!

Any and all video game references. (Tekken series, specifically) A reliable, recurrent theme that could serve as my mnemonic device so long as I can remember in my dreams to perform an RC.

* You don’t actually “remember” per se in a dream, do you? I mean, for the most part, you’re unconscious until you awaken to recall the dream. Post-awakening you’re almost no different from a DC - gullible with no sense of real thought. You don’t really “think”… you just “do”. So how do RCs and dreamsigns work? It would almost seem WILD and WBTB are the only true ways of attaining lucidity. MILD and DILD are just based on mere accounts of sheer “luck” - i.e. probability.

Recently, my own personal dreamsigns were the false awakenings. :content:

One of my dreamsigns, is that people like me.

Gunslingin’ BB WAS a dreamsign, but now with my mastery of WILD I don’t really need any :uh: Nope…none for me :no:

How do i delete my post?
(i want to delete this one but i can’t)

Often, I’m just strolling down the street in fall with no predetermined destination. Once I see people flying around near telephone poles and upwards of eleven fingers on my hands, I get lucid. Pretty cool to see where the dream streets actually lead to.

I’ll add another to my list. My dead cat Rocky. That’s the only dream sign that never fails me.

Now that I think about it, I have a really good dream sign, being lost in a building that I’m familiar with in RL especially school, for some reason a lot of my dreams are just little scenes at school. Also, I seem to never really move a lot in my dreams, even if I am running.

I still haven’t become lucid, probably because my dream signs are really…normal.
My school, my friends…nothing weird ever seems to happen. Well, sometimes, but my dreaming self thinks it’s perfectly normal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Computers- They always seem all complex and space-age in a dream.

Video games- I’ll frequently have some element of Grand Theft Auto in my dreams. I’ll often just be walking around normally, and suddenly whip out a shotgun and go on a spree. :devil: