What Book Are You Currently Reading?

I’m reading Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Vey detailed. Beautiful book.

‘‘Sailor on the seas of fate’’ by Michael Moorcock.

It has some good parts. I quite like it.

I think I’ll reread The Conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar, its an interesting book and I recently found it in my drawer.

I will do that. Thatnks for the help. next time i go to teh library, im gonna see if they have it.

Kathy Reichs - Grave Secrets

Recently I have started to read one of these books which everyione quotes from but from which few have actually red - Thus Spoke Zarathustra. I mostly read it in the bus on when I have spare time, and I have probably read just 1/10 of it.
It’s just fascinating.

I just started Gender Blender by Blake Nelson. It’s pretty hilarious so far. :good:

I got to buy the second prequel trilogy to Frank Herbert’s Dune series. Its called the Legends of Dune which chronicles the Jihad that is often looked back upon in Frank Herbert’s novels and is written by his son Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. I’ve started right away with the first book Dune: The Butlerian Jihad. I’ve been wanting to read these books for some time now and now I finally can.

The Jungle - Upton Sinclair

Dark Demon

It’s a romance…:content:

Island of The Blue Dolphines
By Scott O’Dell

This book is sooooo goood! It’s sad in some parts but I started reading it and It’s hard to put the thing down!

That is one of my all-time favorite books! It’s so great, the story is so good and it’s written so witty… it’s entertaining, but at the same time it really makes you think.

The movie is actually not as good as the book. It’s great too, really well-done, but it lacks the wittiness of the whole language thing (you know, the slavic slang words) in the book… in the movie, those words just come across different. And I dunno, the book is more personal than the movie somehow. Both are great though!

At the moment I’m reading ‘Five Families’ by Selwyn Rabb. The book covers the history of the five mafia familes of New York, from their inception to present day. It’s been a great read so far, especially the parts on the infamous John Gotti. I’d highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.

The Kingdom Keepers. Yes I am a disney freak, i am also reading Exploring the world of lucid dreaming.

Bare Bones - Kathy Reichs

I’ll be getting the rest from the series after I finish this one :tongue:

the death gate series. currently up to book 6 of 7.

• Schott’s Original Miscellany — Ben Schott
    One of the funniest readings this year. It’s a trivia miscellany. Totally worth reading, I can’t let go of it’s pages.
  • A Ordem Natural das Coisas — António Lobo Antunes
    Heavy, heavy reading. António Lobo Antunes is considered the greatest writer of the Portuguese language alive. This book is provoking all kinds of feelings inside me. Absolutely fantastic.
  • “O canto do Martrindinde (e outros poemas feitos no Puto)”, by Ernesto Lara Filho in Obra ao Branco — António Faria
    The Angolan poetry showed in this book inside a book is simply stunning. I had never read any African litterature before, and suddently this. I can’t believe I lived my seventeen years without ever having experienced that, without ever having tasted of this awesome poetry. This is probably my personal favourite in this list.
  • Toques de Alma: um Olhar Feminino — Adília Belotti
    Adília is the mother of a great friend of mine, Marie, and this is her début book. She’s a philosopher and a theologist, and her chronicles and articles contained in this book are a delicious read, which made me rethink a lot of values.
  • A volta de Ubaldo, o Paranóico — Henfil
    Henfil was a cartoonist and a journalist of the underground media, during the dictatorship in Brazil. Ubaldo, one of his characters, was a paranoid man who thought he would be caught by the dictatorship and tortured. The lighthearted yet strong humor in this book shows us the brilliant mind Henfil had. Ingenious.
  • Sijô: poesiacanto coreana clássica — Yun Jung Im
    Korean lyrical poetry. Needless to say anymore. So beautiful. I wish I could write like that.
  • The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
    How further I come in the book how more I like it. I should finish this one soon
  • Mystiek Lichaam - Frans Kellendonk
    I’ve just started with this one, but I don’t really like it (yet)
  • Anne ici, Sélima là-bas - Marie Féraud
    This is a book we’re reading in French class. What can I say about it? I don’t really like it. We’ve read better French books, but we’ve read worse too. I don’t find the storyline that interesting

hmm… only three books right now :content:

LSD: spirituallity and the creative process

Its a book about a study done in 1955 about lsd and the 40 year conclusion involving some of the test subjects.

Update:

• A Ordem Natural das Coisas — António Lobo Antunes

• “O canto do Martrindinde (e outros poemas feitos no Puto)”, by Ernesto Lara Filho in Obra ao Branco — António Faria

• Toques de Alma: um Olhar Feminino — Adília Belotti

• The Holy Qur’an
    Yes! I finally managed to find an English copy of the holy book of Islam, and I’m completely addicted ot it. Geez, I even know a couple of ayats by heart, and I’m still on the second surah! :shock: It’s a really beautiful and interesting book, and definately a recommended reading. On a side note: no, I’m not converting to Islam. :tongue:

• Maus — Art Spiegelman
    Maus is a german word, and means ‘mice’. This graphic novel recounts of Spiegelman’s father’s struggle to survive the Holocaust as a Polish Jew. I had already read it, and it was one of the most intense experiences in my reading life, now I’m reading it again because of the History classes. Stunning, amazing, awesome, intense and so sad and painful! So beautiful! Read it, read it now!