What Book Are You Currently Reading?

First day school was out (today), I started John Grisham’s The Firm. Couldn’t put it down until about page 200.

Jonathan Stranga & Mr Norell by Susanna Clarke
A fantasy novel from 2004 I think. So it’s quite new.
I enjoy reading it, it’s not like the usual fantasybook, this is more like a book that tries to describe history by a fictionstory since the book contain a lot of footnotes with “information”.

Nearly every time I go shopping at my local Price Chopper, I take a look at the shelf which displays New York Times Bestsellers. Most of the time, I glance and look through some of the books there; sometimes with a longing to buy one and read it, sometimes not. I stumbled upon a novel by a familiar author; Dan Brown. I already have The Da Vince code, read it twice, and have enjoyed it both times. Curious to read more of his work, I decided to read some of the prologue of Deception Point. It sucked me in; and for once, I didn’t have to rely on persuading my mother to do so much as buy a book. :roll: I had my own money with me, allowing me to buy that, along with a pack of Gummy worms, which I selflessly gave to my sister, who had a bad sunburn. :content:

Bottom line? I’ve already started to read it, and I love it so far! Since I never like to write book summaries, read it yourself. :read:

Not being a fan of Dan Brown whatsoever, Im reading:

Freedom from the Known by Krishnarmurti

Ive read it before, but the book is challenging, not in symbols/diction but in his call for us to radically change how we view the world around us and ourselves. He asks us to closely examine what it means to be free from our own expectations about ourselves and others.

Its extremely enlightening if approached with an open mind.

I’m reading ‘Elephant and other stories’ by Raymond Carver. Haven’t read anything by him before. The stories are about people living ordinary lives yet something about them draws you in. I like the dialogue. It’s very real.

Strangers - Koontz

Eragon by Paolini :grin: Very good book! (I don’t read much other then fantasy unless its for school) :content:

I read the second book about arn , jan guillou

I finished the first book from A Series of Unfortunate Events, started the second. Still reading Artemis Fowl as well (the first book), taking a while because I like to translate the symbols on each chapter. Also, I hadn’t mentioned last time, but I’m reading Dante’s Divine Comedy and Marx’s Communist Manifest.

I’m reading the Qur’an and a biography of Virginia Woolf.

And now im finished

and i dont own a copy of the third and last one :sad:

“Biting in plain sight” from a collection called Bite.

The Bourne Identity. Great book. Although I did think The Parsifal Mosaic was a little bit more exciting, I’ll see how good this one gets.

The Templar Legacy.

It’s supposed to deal with the same sort of stuff as The DaVinci Code. Sort of.

The Time Machine Did It by John Swartzwelder.

It’s about a bad detective whose trying to track down some criminals who are useing a time maching to steal stuff.

Update:

• The Holy Qur’an
    Up to suurah 4, section 14.

• Palavras de Educadores — Colégio Santa Cruz
    This book is a series of articles, essays and reports all related to my school’s educational philosophy (how things are taught, why, how some of their projects developed, what values they want their students to have etc). Amazing read, in my opinion, it make me like my school even more. All the text in this book was written by my school’s teachers and crew.

• Erefuê — Evandro Affonso Ferreira
    Evandro is the owner of my favourite bookshop, and also a great writer. This book tells the story of a murderer whose destiny is in the hands of an incompentent jury. It’s odd chapters are big streams of consciousness of the murderer, while it’s even chapters are an endless, useless dialogue of the jury members, trying to sort out his destiny. Fantastic book, really goes deep into the human psique.

• Virginia Woolf — Nigel Nicolson
    Virginia’s biography. Oh maan, it’s so sad, so intense!

• Antologia: O Pasquim, Volume I
    O Pasquim was the boldest, most irreverent oppositional tabloid in the time of the dictatorship in Brazil. They openly criticized the militars at the time of the so–called “strong line,” after the AI–5, when any oppositioned was hunted, tortured and extermined. It is a must–read. Best book in the year, so far, even if it’s only a collection of newspaper text.

The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger.

I was supposed to read this book my Junior year in High School. Now that I’ve graduated I heard that it’s a good book, so I ended up paying money for a book that I shuld have read for free two years ago. :ack:

Spongebob Squarepants Coloring and Activity Book :grin:

Catcher in the Rye is quite a weird book. Tell me if you understand why it’s a classic…

I’m reading the Wheel of Time series. It’s so good! It has such an original twist on magic and it seems so real. Unfortunately, book ten is like 80% developement and almost no action. But it’s still good, still good. Book eleven is supposed to pick up a lot.