What Book Are You Currently Reading?

So am I. :content: I’m only on book two though.

The Princess and the Goblin. My family has had the book for years, but I’ve never read it before. I was in the mood for a fairy tale so I started reading it. Pretty good so far.

Book 9 has a great ending.

The lucid dreaming wikibook :grin:

I used to read The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, but I’ve got bored of it and stopped.

I’m going to start reading A Game With Sharpened Knives by Neil Belton at the start of the holidays for English class. It’s about a man who’s living in exile in Ireland with his family in the early 20th century. I’m going to have to write an essay on it afterwards though… :neutral:

When i first opened Catcher In The Rye (1-2 years ago) i didn’t want to stop reading it and i went on to read ‘Franny and Zooey’, another Salinger book, which i liked a lot as well.

Heh, that one is quite challenging!

Yah I love that series, have read it through three or four times over the last six years. I love the wacky and far out sense of humour, but you still get a good serving of sci-fi rhetoric.
Though I don’t think the movie really did the first book any justice .

I just finished reading ‘The Player of Games’ by Ian M. Banks. He writes the best Sci-fi I have ever come across - I even prefer his works over Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, and most of the other great sci-fi writers.
I’ve read most of Banks’ sci-fi books twice already! (every paragraph is like a poem to be treasured :tongue:)

Well, I just finished Eldest, by Christopher Paolini (VERY GOOD BOOK!) a few days ago. I finished Joust, by Mercedes Lackey, yesterday and am on to the second book of that trilogy, Alta.

I’ve been reading a lot lately :tongue: (much unlike me)

When I finish these trilogies, I’m going to get the Hitchhikers Guide books. :colgate:

I just finished Legend by David Gemmell.

Now I’m reading The Lord of The Rings…for the nth time…but this time in French.

I’m just starting to rip into the massive 700-page metabible that is Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter. Basically it’s a giant, sprawling work that ultimately tries to explain from as many different angles as possible the idea that consciousness developed from so-called “strange loops,” chains of meaningless symbols that come to represent themselves and in doing so gain rudimentary consciousness.

It’s pretty wild.

I am just about to finish the amber spyglass, third book of the trilogy: his dark materials.

That is a great set of books. Very interesting :content:

gold mine - wilbur smith. not too into it at the moment. i only recently finished reading river god and i absolutely LOVED that book. i don’t really like this one though :sad:

Ive read it a few times myself :smile:

I love that book(s) (dont forget silmarillion :wink:

A Cavern Of Black Ice by J. V. Jones. I think her books are some of the best fantasy books ever written, especially the Book of Words Trilogy.

Omg, i just finished reading the trilogy: his dark materials…these are honestly now my favorite books. God damn that was an incredible story… :content:

I just finished the The Great Hunt, the second book in The Wheel of Time series, so now I’m moving on to the third book, The Dragon Reborn. :happy:

I just finished Crossroads of Twilight from that series. It was hard to get through as there was virtually no action, but it was still good.

right now i’m reading
“How to uncover your past lives” by Ted Andrews.

I havent found out what or if i have any past lives yet, but It has a lot of good techs. for meditation and mental exorcises. So far, for the $4.99 i paid for it is well worth it. :content:

Now I’m onto a Stephen King book, entitled The Eyes of the Dragon. It’s a little peculiar for Stephen King, as it’s actually a fantasy novel and not one of his regular horror/supernatural-ish type stories.
It’s quite good, but I’m not so sure that I like S.King as a fantasy writer. I think maybe he should stick to horror :yes:

I thought the same when I read Stephen King - The Gunslinger, it was supposed to be Fantasy. I found it really boring.