What Book Are You Reading? - Part VI

I am reading the “Remember Me” Series by Christopher Pike again. Very good reading he puts dream related stuff in most of his books (or at least that of the paranormal) I also like Whisper of Death by him (my favorite book so far by pike)

Found an amazing buy-one-get-one deal at a local bookstore while out of town. I picked up The Theory of Almost Everything: The Standard Model, the Unsung Triumph of Modern Physics by Robert Oerter. I’ve yet to see how good it is.

I also picked up Nerds: Who They Are and Why We Need More of Them by David Anderegg. I’m a few chapters in and it’s both humorous and informative.

(I think that makes 5 books I’m currently reading :tongue: )

Now that sound like a good book :lol: :yes:

“The Tao of pooh”. I love this book, I read it a few years ago, and this book was like an old friend. If you havnt read it I recomend it. It explains Taoisem using the charecters of Winni the Pooh.

I went to the library Thursday and picked up one of Stephen Gould’s books and Albert Camus’s The Plague. I already read The Stranger for school and enjoyed it; I was eager to read more of his work.

I’m reading “Beyond Nummeracy” by John Allen Paulos. It’s great, and I’m learning about all kinds of little math jewels.

Not a book really but, The Unabomber’s Manifesto.

He did wrong, but he is a genius.

I a rereading Harry Potter. I believe I am on the fourth one. The only reason I am rereading it is because I’m waiting for this other book to get shipped to me(I had nothing else to read :razz: )! I have wait for TWO MONTHS! to read the 4th twilight book! I’M SO EXCITED!!!

I am reading “Haunted” by Palahniuk
That man is a genius!

Now, I’m reading the Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov. It’s really interesting. I don’t like how it skips around so much, but I suppose he does have to cover 10,000 years in three books.

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman :smile:

Paws In The Proceedings by Deric Longden.

I just got done readin Breaking dawn!!
It wasn’t as good as the first 3 but it was still good!!

NOW I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!! : O WWOOO

at the moment i am reading

Spephan LeBarge - Exploring the world of lucid dreaming

Great read, but i just started and am on page 2, 200 to go lol

Gah, I’m jealous, Lil-P. I’ve got EWLD on hold, but the library hasn’t gotten it back yet :grrr: . So for now, I’m stuck reading Inherit The Wind (Lawrence/Lee) and The Jungle (Upton Sinclair) for school.

I’m reading Breaking Dawn, the 4th and latest book of the Twilight series ^_______^
I don’t want to finish it too quickly, though! The series is too awesome, I hate anticipating for the next one, without a good book from Stephenie Meyer. D:

I don’t want to burst and breaking dawn fans bubble, but that was the last book of the series. You can look it up if you don’t believe me. The series is done. It is very depressing yes, but i felt it ended on the right note.

the god delusion- richard dawkins.

really important book that debates god’s existance.
i would especially recommend this if you are religious.

I might even read it some day … :yes:

The Singularity is Near - When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil.

For those of you who have never heard of Kurzweil, he is a renowned inventor and futurist known for using mathematical models to make strikingly accurate predictions about the future. In “The Singularity is Near”, Kurzweil argues that by 2050, mankind will have reached a point where by implementing themselves with artificial intelligence, technological progress will accelerate to levels so high it’s near impossible to predict.

In my opinion, the author seems a little too optimistic on the progress of technology, seemingly forgetting the political and cultural barriers preventing such rapid acceptance of controversial technologies such as genetics and nanotechnology. By 2010, he predicts that the Internet will have been mainly replaced by a visual-audio virtual reality network, which I have some serious difficulty in seeing. He also predicts that anyone born after 1970 has the potential to live forever, which is what they were saying 20 years ago about people born in the 50’s.

It’s an interesting, if likely inaccurate read and I recommend it to anyone interested in where our technology may take us in the future.