What Book Are You Reading? - Part VIII

The Book of Dead Days ~ by Marcus Sedgwick

Robin Hobb- Farseer collection. I’m halfway through book 3 now. It’s just brilliant :happy:. And, I just found out that there is also a newer serie (Tawny man) with FitzChevalric in it that has 3 more books! YAY!

It’s a medieval Fantasy story ^_^, and perfect.

There is a movie and its wonderful. It is called “Perfume”, the story of a murderer; go figure. A young actor by the name of Ben Wishshaw plays the main character. I just saw him in another movie about John Keats, “Bright Star”.

I really loved “Perfume”, because I have something of a super smeller myself. Although, I live by the adage Harm none! I will have to check out the book, too bad I saw the movie first. :tongue:

I am so glad I stumbled upon this website. People interested in dreams and reading, its almost to good to be true.

I have been reading “The Magic Mountain” by Thomas Mann. It just happened to catch my eye in the library. It is very interesting, set in the German/Swiss Alps, during the early 1900s.
The main character Hans Castorp goes on a visit to his cousin Joachim at a Sanitorium for Tuberculosis. The story is quite philosophical, but at times some of their discussions become rather obtuse. Mann writes in a very adept style, and when it flows I don’t want to put it down.
The story leaves you with an unsettling feeling. The main character is bothersome at times, I think mostly because the reader can identify with him. One never likes to be perceived as bothersome, at least when we aren’t trying to be. :content:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Excellent story.

Interestingly enough, I was reading Terry Pratchett books (namely, Going Postal and Making Money) when I decided to read Good Omens, a book done by both Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Wanting to try out more of Gaiman’s stuff, I read the first four Sandman volumes - only four because I’m pacing myself and buying the pretty-looking recolored versions, which haven’t all come out yet. After this, I was left with a shortage of reading material, and I spotted American Gods last weekend, so… :happy:

It sounds interesting, I haven’t heard of it before. I guess I should look it up.

Oh, and happy to hear you’re getting comfortable here at LD4all :content:

WULF! YES!!! :bounce: There is also the Liveship traders, that’s typically meant to be read in-between Farseer and Tawny man. Liveship is piratey and features Amber who is also thought to be the Fool. Tawny Man is a bit… well, I stopped reading halfway because I was too tied to the books, but they are really good and they center around Fitz and Fool and all the old characters as well XD And I can’t wait to jump back into them. And after Tawny Man is the Rain Wild Chronicles which is set in the same region/same genre as Liveship. Robbin Hobb is absolutely awesome and I absolutely love the Fool <3 :twirl:

[mod]This is a split topic, the continuation can be found here. :dragon:[/mod]