What does being 'in love' feel like? part II

Ah, love. How doth it feel… Like you found a part of your soul that you never knew was missing. Like a blind man being able to see for the first time. Like you could hold the one you love for the rest of your life, just looking into their eyes and feeling pure contentment.

(sounds cheesy, but it’s completely true. Love can be the greatest joy or the greatest agony.)

EDIT: Also, Giggity giggity giggity goo.

That is so true. I always come off as not so shy. But then when someone sees me being all shy they are like “what happend to you?” lol…yea…

Not when you’ve just eaten your weight in GRANDE nachos :bored:

But aside from that :content: love can only be explained subjectively. I believe each person has their own “love” unique to them (just like personality), so the number of definitions to “love” is directly proportional to the amount of people who have lived, live, and ever will live :yes:

So while anybody can tell you what love is for them, nobody can tell you what love is, was, or will be like for you. It’s one of those things you gotta find out on your own…

Like TV Guide crossword puzzles :neutral:

Two of my neighbors, only 6 years old, are dating and think they are in love.

Conclusion: There is no love beyond God and Jesus. (Sorry if I’m being a religous freak. :shy: )

Being in love is probably the greatest feeling known, at least it is to me. It is quite fantastic, even when the relationship with person you’re in love with doesn’t work out, to quote that douchebag, it’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. The pain of having loved and lost also goes away eventually, I’d say, it takes about a month to mostly go away. There’s still some lingering pain, but, haha, whatever, it’s mostly gone :grin:

Oh Geez! I had to quote 16 year old Bruno: And look at me, 16 year old Sonia. I read that after being directed to that post from here. I feel like I must post in here because my stupid feelings are getting the best of my once again these days. Aww, sixteen year-old Bruno. :hugs: I understand the physical sensation in the chest—although for me, and this is for special :grin: and rare occasions, it’s the sudden twang. It lasts for a moment and the last time I can remember experiencing it was sometime around last autumn—September, or October, maybe? The twang is no more than a sign—what really matters are the long-term emotions—ranging from the sweet to the agonizing. But the bittersweet experience is so powerful and—great—that I’d delight to be in it’s grips again. (Not that I’m quite out). :wink:

So true. :beer:

Oh, and I nearly fell out of my seat with laughter after reading this:

:happy:

I know, deep down, that I’m not quite out of love. But at least this time it was someone from my life and not some talk-show host. :tongue: I’m getting better. :happy:

I agree with those and I’d so like to have a girl to fall in love with and to love me back. I’m mostly just a hopeless romantic. :sad:

Oh, and where do you live, lol, there’s not many stars in the sky wherever you are, hahaha.

Acceptance. I feel nothing but positive emotions because there is an unconditional acceptance and understanding from another human being. I am understood and that is the only thing we want out of life and other people we interact with during the course of our life.

I’ve only had two experiences with what i thought was “in love”. Other than that only crushes. I hate the way it always seems like you are responsible for everything. Starting conversations, seeing eachother constantly. For me the pressure is unvvbearable. I wish everything could be just GARRHH i can’t even explain it. I hate it and love it.

I certainly know what lust feels like, I know what it’s like to have a crush on someone (or two people), but I’ve never felt love yet. For reasons I don’t feel like expaining, I hope I don’t.
Still, it must be nice. It feels nice in a dream at least.

Love is like a kick in the teeth, whilst you are standing 20 feet above everyone else. It startles you a lot, and you find yourself wondering how the hell it happened.

hmmm… when you love someone, it feels like this:
when you are with them :rofl:
when you are away from them :sadyes:
when they dont love you back :crying:
when you do something stupid infront of them :wallhit:
when you see or think of them :fly:
and finally,when they love you back :cloud9:

and there you have it…

That… that… that is so amazingly correct

Never underestimate the ability of forum smileys to describe just how amazing and overpowering love can be. :tongue:

Nice insights, all. :smile:

lol good job on the smiles

I have absolutely no clue.

I know what it’s like to THINK I’m in love with a person…

but when I realize that the person I imagined is nothing like the person in front of me… well…

I just stop caring. :neutral:

Ha. Thanks guys :smile:
You know what they say…sometimes words aren’t enough to describe how you feel…

I wish I knew what love feels like. I’ve never liked a girl beyond the crush stage, and sometimes I worry that I might not get to fall in love before I die. It sure sounds like something else. :smile:

Genius!

Two more to add for myself:

When you woke up to them every morning: :woo:

When you think of how identically different you are from them: :yinyang:

heh

i have to post a link to this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NaVXAqRxp-A

don’t mind the thing in the middle, i guess they used some weird program when whoever got the video took it.