What does being 'in love' feel like?

Like having a rabbitvolverine in your underpants.

ohh…one of them…yeah, i definitely get it…:wink:

Ah, so love is hard to comprehend even as you get older…but once you experience it, you’re like, “wow, THIS is love!” lol, that’s what I gather anyway. I’m not quite sure if I’ve ever been in love before…i’ve experienced a lot of intense feelings, but then looking back…I thought I was ‘in love’ when things were merely crushes.

Btw, I think someone mentioned that 14 is way too early to make life-changing desicions, like…teen sex. i definately know that lol. I’m mature enough to know that I’m not emotionally ready for anything like that. though I don’t just want something to be a ‘fling’. I’ve never even been kissed… :shy: and I have a lot of morals and boundries that I set for myself. I think sex should be saved for marriage…or unless until a very, very, serious relationship…b.ut um…that’s jsust my opinion. :smile: so don’t y’all worry about that lol.

I hate when people just like your looks. Whenever I like someone, I take into consideration their personality. There are some ‘lookers’ at my school who have the worst personality ever. :bored: I don’t really know if I’m a ‘looker’ or not. I’m not a very confident person…so i don’t really know. (trying to change that :wink: ) But when people are so shallow not even to consider a person’s personality, it aggrivates me so much. Because those people just want to use you…and I won’t let people do whatever they want with me…morals are very important to me.

Anyway, lol. (got kinda off-topic) I made a poem about love in the garden of creation…it’s called ‘whisk me away’. Can you guys relate to the feelings that I describe…sorta kinda? jw… :grin:

You used my word! :razz:

For the past couple days I’ve been planning on making a topic about that. Asking people if they would still like someone who wasn’t a stereotype. It kinda has to do with my one friend… But ANYHOO, maybe once I’m done with my homework I’ll put it up. :cool:

I don’t know. I’ve always been of the opinion that you can’t force someone to change their standards because of the social stigma of being “shallow.” One can’t help how he or she views those of the opposite (or same) sex, and if, in their heart, they really are physically repelled by the other person, it’s not up to anyone else to chastise him or her.

On the other hand, if that person really is “shallow” and places no value on the personality of someone else, then he or she better not expect to have a meaningful relationship. And if that’s what they want (a meaningless relationship), then let them make that mistake; it’s their mistake to make.

Looks are so over rated…it’s definitely what’s inside that counts…and then you fall in love with that; and then suddenly you realise you’ve become accustomed to someone’s face, no matter what it looks like, and all you see is them.

I agree completely about looks being overrated. But the fact remains that one cannot lie to themself about whether or not they are attracted to someone.

mkay, here’s how love feels like to ME. I’ll probably look back at this and think of it as nothing when I get older, but…lol you learn as you get older :wink:

I think of love as wanting to be with someone constantly. Whatever you do, you can’t get them off your mind. You smile when you hear his name. When he stares into your eyes, you melt, and your spririt soars. everything that you have planned out for the future, you now think of planning with him. It’s just so deep to comprehend…even for me…and i’m usually good with this stuff! lol.

that’s kinda what I think. Not like I seriously think that I’m gonna plan my future with him or whatever, but people dayderam you know lol. Anyone feel this way?

Yeah, i kinda agree with that…but i don’t like to plan too far ahead…
There’s a good saying my friend gave me: ‘loving you is easy, missing you is hard’
Think about it.

I don’t envy anyone in a long distance relationship…it’s beautiful when you are together…but when you’re not, it’s like losing an arm or a leg!

I dislike missing or being separated a lot too.No fun in it, ive had enough and since then i cant stand it.

As to Love.For me to feel it it requires to be complete- it means that everything about her is important.You say looks are overrated.Maybe but its one of the pieces that make a whole.I need to like her smile,her eyes and her body and i need to like the way she treats me,the way she talks,etc.
It also includes the way she makes love.
Having it all togheter i experience love- and to me its like touching Absolute,being in heaven allready.I feel it most when she just lies in my arms and i feel complete.I admire every move she makes.I listen to every word she says.When all my senses are merged togheter in one and all of them feel ecstatic.
I could compare it to watching intense nature landscapes- sunset over the ocean when im calm.Wild storm and lightings passing dark ble sky when i make love with her.
Its also about being united beyond all boundaries.There are moments when i feel both of us as one- absolutely melted into one living being.

But as someone mentioned it has a dark side too. Once you in love you put your naked heart on the table.How risky and how sensitive such a situation is.

Pain of being separated is in my opinion the most cruel of all feelings.When person you love decides go own way or you`re betrayed by her.I felt it and i fear it.But i believe that its required to fully understand relationships and emotions- it gives the knowledge about how serious love is.After this you think twice before saying that word to others and makes you understand how much you mean to one who says it to you.

All togheter- its a risky thing but i cant imagine living without it.

ps.Some of you differ love,crush and more.I believe its not worth it- live it and dont worry about labels.Live it fully,let emotions blow your mind over thinking.Have respect to yourself and other but dont let labels make it look smaller.
btw- people tend to call love something that lasts.The longer it lasts the greater love.I completely disagree- it may last a night and it can last years- its what you feel when at it.Dont like seeing it as investment which got to last.Taking care of quality of present is only thing what can be “done”.

mine is a long distance relationship, i live in NC, she lives in GA. But we both love eachother more than anything else in life. She is precious to me. Just the thought of losing her makes me so very sad, i cannot see myself with anyone but her. I think the reason we feel lost without the one we love, is because, once you have become so close to that one you love, they become a part of you. So when/if you lose them, it’s almost like a part of you is gone. You’ll never be yourself again. I’m so glad I have my wonderful amazing brianna. She means the world to me and so much more. Yesterday was my birthday and she sent me a birthday card and a love note in the mail. I’ve been reading it over and over and over. She also sent me a picture of her, and i can’t stop kissing it lol. Im not afraid to kiss it in class lol. I just love her so much!!! BTW, here are the 2 notes she sent me (posted with her permission of course lol, I love you brianna baby!)

-The Birthday Card:

Happy Birthday!!! Sweetheart I’m so excited for you!! I know you probably won’t get this on your birthday exactly, but I hope you have a great one! You deserve it. As sweet as you always are, you deserve more than just a card, you deserve all the kisses I can give, and I promise you’ll get every last one. I’m so happy I have you baby, so grateful I found you. I want you to know how much I love and appreciate you. How much I want you here with me and how excited I am about June! I can’t wait until we are together in person. So I can kiss you when I want to, so I can talk to you without worrying about money, so I can fall asleep next to you and know you’ll be there when I wake up. I love you sweetheart and I can’t wait to be with you. Happy birthday again…have fun baby!

All my love,

Brianna.

-The Love Note:

It’s always hard for me to explain how much I love you. I’ve never loved anyone this much before so it’s completely new. All I can say is I think of you always. About us talking online, about you coming down here in June. Kissing you for the first time. I think about us moving in together. Sleeping next to you, holding your arm around me tight. Kissing you every morning when I wake up before you. I think about every conversation we’ve had. Laughing at your jokes and almost crying at all the sweet things you have said, Thinking of every single time I’ve said I love you, knowing that I mean it with all my heart.
I want absolutely nothing more than to be with you, To hug you for no reason at all, to kiss your forehead when you say something cute, to tell you I love you and show you that I mean it.
I love you so much, more than you could imagine. And I hope you know that. I can’t wait until june when we can be together. I love you sweetheart!!!

That’s really lovely…sounds achingly familiar though…
Where’s NC and GA?
I’m thankful that mine isn’t that great a distance, he can at least take a train to see me…but it’s still hard…

NC= North Carolina, USA
GA= Georgia, USA

so how far is that apart then? I think me and mine are 200 miles.
Which is bad enough.
And i’ve told my folks today, and they live 4,500 miles away in america, let me tell you, that was NOT easy…so glad i did it…

mine is about 300 miles apart.

It’s still hard though isn’t it? Although i think it does have it’s compensations…because you’re not together every day, when you finally do meet up, it makes it so much more special, that you don’t have time for petty arguments.
Which might crop up if you spent every waking second together.

it’s hard, i wont lie. not being able to kiss her when I want, not being able to hold her tight in my arms when i need to. Not being able to wipe away her tears when she cries. :sad: But, you’re right, it will make it that much more special when we finally do meet up. I asked her last night if she wanted to goto my Senior prom with me this may or whenever it is. She got so excited. I told her I would be willing to take the 5 hour drive just to bring her to my prom and be with her for a couple hours. A couple of hours with my precious angel is more than enough for me :smile:. I can’t wait to finally be able to hold her in my arms, oh my god! :happy: just thinking about it makes me smile so big!!!

:content: hey, i know the feeling…i was on the phone to him last night, and i don’t know what brought it on, but i missed him terribly…all i wanted to do was give him a huge hug.
But still, he comes to see me a week tomorrow!
Yay!

I’ve got a lot of respect for you Sera. It’s nice to see a guy who loves a girl that much. There’s only one other person I know who’s that into his girl, but I still think you top him. :wink:

Love is the most sickiening feelign you ever get.
it is crazy, you get a rush everytime you see them, and when you arent around that person in my experience i became saddened until i could see or hear her. i would call her at like eleven at night to talk to her just to be able to sleep and yeah.Y ou are always anxiou and nervous in case of messing up and displeasing the other person. it is also invigorating makes you feel alive and important or made me feel important gave me a reason to exist for a while. sorry if it isnt clear but yeah.